1SG. Ricky Rakehell
    SGT. Chadeaux Wolfe
    SGT. Zidd Decker
    CPL. Riike Galon (Tyronne)
    SPC. Jaig Ventrus
    SPC. Kateri Andriss
    SPC. Mirshe Shereshoy
    TRP. Djeno Winters

Areas Patrolled: Fort Garnik, Talloran Village, Mannett Point, Volcano Speeder Point.

Initial Start Time: 2000h EST

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Event Report:

Enemy Encountered: None.

Friendly/Neutral Encountered:

Event Summary: Alpha Company personnel congregated and conducted a training session on basic reconnaissance techniques and procedures. All troopers and scouts who attended this course were provided with the tools and tactics necessary to successfully perform the scouting role of Ghost Squad to support operations in the field. The course consisted of approximately 45 minutes of lecture with visual aids and culminated with a 25 minute training exercise in which students successfully demonstrated their understanding of the material.

Positive Points:
    • The course met the scheduled time slot, and didn't run too long.
    • Our newest member of Ghost Squad received formal training on his role and responsibilities.
    • Everyone showed excellent enthusiasm and participation.
    Negative Points:
    • The practical application exercise was very enjoyable for all participants, but lost realism and accuracy as troopers took unorthodox and unrealistic paths in order to avoid detection by the reconnaissance element.
    • The course concluded without teaching the basic principles of counter-reconnaissance. This will be covered via one on one instruction and mentorship among Ghost Squad members.
    Overall Assessment and Recommendation:
    The course was successfully completed according to the training plan (except counter-reconnaissance). The smaller class size allowed the Practical Application exercise to be conducted as it was intended (the previous iteration of this course had twice the number of students, making it difficult to manage the exercise). Some minor tweaks to the practical application may be necessary in order to prevent extremely enthusiastic troopers from taking unrealistic paths to reach their objectives. Additional changes will be considered based of off student feedback.

Submitted by: 1SG Ricky Rakehell, Alpha Company 203rd REL
    Last edited by Ricky; 06-29-2014, 07:59 PM.

Ricky "the Rake" Rakehell
    Alpha Company, 203rd REL

"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all." -USMC General James Mattis, Iraq 2003.
Working...
X