No announcement yet.

(09|12|14) [AAR: Combat Arms Training 2D: Republic Trooper and Bounty Hunter]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Training (09|12|14) [AAR: Combat Arms Training 2D: Republic Trooper and Bounty Hunter]

Division of the Republic Army
    After Action Report

---------------------------------------------------------------------
    Unit Information
    Unit: 203rd REL "Alpha Company"
    C.O.: Major Qorbin Oca

Deployment Report

Planet: Ilum
    Formation Size: 17
    Troops in Formation:

1SG. Ricky Rakehell
    SSG. Thavious Eldersign
    SGT. Zidd Decker
    CPL. Kateri Andriss
    CPL. Vejovis Bloodlord
    SPC. Avak
    SPC. Csap'rin'lan
    SPC. Curran
    SPC. Derzis
    SPC. Eroc
    SPC. Ch'krosa (Getten)
    SPC. Illumori
    SPC. Kjvago
    TRP. Adelle
    TRP. Callem
    TRP. Cavendish
    TRP. Duno'van
    TRP. Bermack

Initial Start Time: 2100h Hours EST

Event Report:

Enemy Encountered: None.

Friendly/Neutral Encountered:

Event Summary: Alpha Company congregated and conduct a training session on the Bounty Hunter and Republic Trooper class archetypes and their associated advanced classes, specializations, and mirrored abilities. This course covered each advanced class and specialization in detail to include specific defense cooldowns and main ability rotations in order to give all participating students a solid foundation of how these classes operate and how they can be countered. Key points such as defensive cooldowns, offensive cooldowns, and player strategies were also covered to increase proficiency when facing these opens in both staged and open world combat environments. Several students were repeatedly away from their keyboard throughout the event and will have to retake this course again in order to earn credit. As a reminder to all attendees, you must be present and participating to earn applicable credit.

Positive Points:
    • The course started on time and fell within the allotted time limit
    • Students asked excellent questions and received informative answer to their gameplay and specialization questions.
    • Many troopers learned new tricks and skills to utilize in PvP environments.
    Negative Points:
    • Multiple students and even a visual aid were disconnecting or going "AFK" throughout the event. Connection issues are not your fault, but not paying attention will earn you zero course credit as you are not learning anything if you are not there.
    • Visual aid went AFK as well even while their class was being discussed and they were supposed to be providing visuals to students.
    Overall Assessment and Recommendation:
    The course was successfully completed according to the training plan and most topics were covered. Visual aids for the Bounty Hunter classes were not assigned until just moments before the event which led to some delays. The biggest concern we encountered was folks going AFK or having technical issues. Technical concerns can't be helped, but it is not acceptable for folks to "attend" and then be gone repeatedly for 5-10 minutes at a time. I understand that we all have lives and sometimes things come up, but if you disappear repeatedly you should not expect to receive course credit as you did not attend the full course. Only one student was AFK so frequently that I have revoked their course credit, but there were others who also disappeared for much briefer periods as well. This should not become a habit.

This course met its intended goal of instructing our membership on the capabilities and limitations of the Republic Trooper and Bounty class archetypes and specializations but additional practice and "one on one" mentorship is needed to further teach advanced combat concepts and skills to newer members.

Submitted by: 1SG Ricky Rakehell, Alpha Company 203rd REL
    Last edited by Ricky; 09-14-2014, 04:01 AM.

Ricky "the Rake" Rakehell
    Alpha Company, 203rd REL

"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all." -USMC General James Mattis, Iraq 2003.
Working...
X