Veteran Neves
    Veteran Waters
    Trooper Drexxen
    Trooper Haddrik
    Trooper Maslio
    Trooper Vashin
    Recruit Chiban
    Recruit Jromwald

Areas Patrolled: Southern Hoth, deep into Imperial territory.
    Initial Contact: 2000hrs EST.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Contact Report:

Enemy Encountered: <Esoteric Order> (2) and a lone Powertech.

Friendly/Neutral Encountered: None.

Contact Summary: At 2000hrs. EST. Captain Viozaer formed a platoon from Alpha Company on the bridge deck of the Gav Daragon for the C.O. The captain then turned the formation over to Veteran Neves. Neves briefed the platoon on their mission; to deploy to Hoth and recover a Jedi and her guarded datacron which was lost during an ambush in space above Hoth. He then answered any questions the troopers had and ordered them to deploy to Hoth with all speed. Once formed up on Hoth, Neves turned over the squads to their squad leaders to do their pre-combat checks while he briefed Ghost squad on the patrol route on which they would scout ahead. Ghost squad made movement to Drift Hills Oupost to the south and reported no contact yet. Neves led the patrol out on point with Sgt. Thavious taking accountability of the main body. Once the patrol arrived at Drift Hills Outpost, we received coordinates of a crashed escape pod to the south-west. Ghost squad reported no signs of the Jedi or the datacron, they were then ordered to scout to the south in search of the Republic Recovery Team that was in the area. Ghost squad reported in after making contact with the recovery team and also had eyes on an Imperial outpost in the area. Neves ordered trooper Maslio to take a team of troopers to provide security for Ghost squad while they took up an overwatch position. The patrol then moved to link up with the recovery team and set up a perimeter. Neves questioned the team leader on site and ordered Doc to provide any medical attention to the wounded that he could. Though he provided his best efforts, Doc informed the patrol that these men would die if a med-evac didn't arrive within thirty minutes. The recovery team reported that they have had no sighting of the Jedi or the datacron, but have had Imperial scouts and patrols probing their lines from the nearby Imperial Outpost. Neves asked for permission from command to engage the outpost to disrupt Imperial operations and the area and to provide the men of the recovery team with some relief from the attacks. The patrol was cleared hot and made ready for the assault.

At this time a bounty hunter showed who seemed quite determined to interrupt our efforts. The patrol pushed past the guards at the door and shot down any resistance met as they rushed through the base destroying equipment and ordering those who were unarmed to the ground. The patrol assaulted through the other side and annihilated all opposition in the area. Neves then tasked Ghost squad to seek out the Republic Commando team in the area and scout out the area ahead to ensure that Imperial retaliation was of no concern. Ghost squad met the Commando Team and moved to a hill to keep eyes on a nearby road while reporting any signs of activity. Once the patrol caught up they once again set a perimeter while Neves questioned the commander. The commander reported that they have had contact with a pirate group making their way back to their camp to the east on the edge of an ice shelf. He also reported them having a datacron that they guarded fiercely during the battle. He suggested that the patrol head there, but to be cautious.

As the patrol made movement to the pirate camp, they came across a lone Imperial whose motives were at first unclear. Upon detaining the Imperial, Neves proceeded to question him. The Imperial would refuse to answer any questions. Seeing that this Imperial would not cooperate, Neves had the troopers dispose of the Imperial so he could not report in on their mission. The patrol finally located the pirate camp and proceeded to assault it. It was at this time that the Imperial along with another went after our medic and tried to interrupt our operation. The patrol fought them off easily numerous times (it is suspected that these two were agents from Imperial Intelligence sent on their own covert op to recover the datacron before the patrol). The patrol then set about securing the rest of the camp, disabling vehicles/equipment, and searching for intell. Trooper Vashin came across some intel reporting that the pirates hid the datacron underneath an icy overhang to the south. Ghost squad confirmed the location and set about to secure the area as the patrol moved to their location. The datacron was recovered via use of tools the troopers had in their packs.

Upon retrieving the datacron, Veteran Neves informed the patrol that this was the end of the operation and turned them over to the hands of Major Qorbin to complete any alternate tasking they received while on Operation Wampa.

Positive Points:
    • We had a great turnout of troopers with a good mix of seasoned members and fresh faces!!
    • The operation was a success, with recovery of the datacron.
    • Everyone conducted themselves professionally and seemed to have a great time while doing it. Especially thanks to Maslio's safe words
    • We were able to acquire three more datacrons and kill the world bosses after the op.

Negative Points:
    • Not much PvP asides the two operatives and powertech.
    • Some troopers were unaware of the event even after it being posted on the forums and put on the calendar for a week.

Overall Assessment and Recommendation: Well done all who attended!! We had some great RP, everyone worked well together and seemed to have a fun time overall. I will be trying to get the word of our events out there more and more, so we may have some more challenging fights in the future. I also recommend that ALL troopers view the forums at least a few times a week. This is were a majority of our info and behind the scenes work can be found, check it frequently so you don't miss out on fun events such as these!

((ALSO)) If you attended please let me know what you thought of the event. This was the first event I organized and oversaw. I would like to know what you all liked about it, didn't like about it, would like to see more of, less of. Let me know so myself and the others who are creating these events can make them more enjoyable for you all. I tried to ensure everyone on the patrol had something to do besides just stand around but I admit I wasn't expecting so many to come (not a bad thing!) So just let me know your thoughts so I can do better in the future.

If any corrections are needed please let me know. I hope you all had an enjoyable time!

- Neves
    Last edited by Neves Eanur; 09-02-2013, 09:35 PM.

"Shit just got real. Alpha Company's here." - Kerrilar
Working...
X