Old memories, new losses.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old memories, new losses.

Skrend wakes up and instinctively tries to lean forwards and turn to the side, and strap on his boots. He blinks his drowsy eyes open, and stares at himself. He growls under his breath, cursing the medical staff. He had an iv in his arm, and they strapped him down to his med bed again so he wouldn't go walking off. He jerks within the restraints, trying to break them free of his arms, to no avail. He sighs heavily, and stretches his finger out to press the button that signals the nurses that he is awake. He looked down at himself and sighed, saying quietly "Going to get too damn soft lying in this damn bed all the time."

A nurse walks in, and Skrend looks surprised. It's not the same nurse he has dealt with every day since he got in this damn prison of a hospital. She gives Skrend a once over, and he grunts. "Why don't you unstrap me, unless you prefer me this way?" He winks, grinning. She laughs a bit, and pulls up his file. "Right, nice try. So your the idiot that went on a mission and took your casts off so you could plant a bomb. Smooth. It says here your hands shook so bad you mixed up the wires and blew yourself to hell." She looked over him again, noticing the burn scars all over him now. She thought to herself what he'd look like without his armor on had that gone off. Skrend stared her down, muttering a five letter word under his breath. The nurse looks at him, slightly shocked. "What was that?" she said. Skrend stares at her for a moment longer, then says, "Unstrap me already." She nods, "Fine." She walks to the side of the med bed, and unstraps his left arm. She then leans over him to strap the right arm. She looks at him, and he winks. She just shakes her head, "Not a chance." and finishes unstrapping him from the bed. Skrend sits up, and rubs his wrists for a moment. They were nearly raw, from squirming in the night to free himself. He sits up, and steps off his bed. As he inspects his wrists, and stretches as they order him to do every morning, the nurse looks over his file. Her eyes widen a little bit as she looks over all the operations and his unit. She sighs a bit, after seeing his unit. The 203rd REL.... she heard they lost about half their numbers. She looked over at the man infront of her, who obviously wanted nothing but to leave and get back to his unit. She felt sorry for the man, and went back to his file. She kept reading for a minute, then looked back at him to realize he was staring at her. She looked a little surprised, and then he spoke up. "So, what's the news? Am I getting out of here?" he said. She nodded, "As a matter of fact you are. Just keep taking your meds and we shouldn't see you back... Good luck with your reassignment." Instantly Skrend's features completely changed. He looked eager and excited. He nodded at her, and waited patiently as she searched for the doctors note for the perscriptions he needed. She finally found it and handed it to him. Skrend grinned at her, "Holo me." He then turned, and walked out the door. The nurse walked to the door a bit behind him, and saw him crunch up the note into a ball, and toss it to his side.

He kept walking, heading to the doors he's been staring at for months. 'Outgoing patients'. Skrend suited up in his BDUs, and slung the sack with his holo com and various other personal items over his back and headed out the door. Once he was outside, he took a big gasp of fresh air and looked around. He grinned widely, and headed for the officer he needed to speak with. As he walked, he looked over the city of Coruscant. All the people going about their day, all the speeders flying by overhead. This is what he was fighting for.

He finally reached the office he needed. The commander of all the REL companies. Skrend sat in a chair outside the office, rapidly tapping his foot as he awaited his turn. Finally he looked up as the Commander's personal assistant called his name and nodded at him, signaling with his hand for Skrend to enter. Skrend walked into the room, stood at attention, and saluted. The commander saluted back, and said, "At Ease, Trooper." He then started to browse over Skrend's file again, sighing a bit. He looks up at Skrend, and eyes him up and down, noticing the burn scars. "Son, I have some good news and some bad news for you. I'm not going to give it to you with a bottle, so listen up. The good news is, you are being reassigned to the 203rd. The bad news is, half your company is either MIA or killed." *Skrend flinches, as if he was struck. Then he instantly returns his face to passive, except it was clear he was biting down hard. Skrend doesn't hear the rest of the words the commander says, until he says dismissed.

Skrend heads out the door of the office, and stands there and stares off into the distance for hours. He comes back to his senses when the commanders assistant comes outside for a smoke. It was starting to get dark, and the man stared at Skrend. "You should probably head to your transport, it's scheduled to dust off in an hour..." Skrend blinks his eyes, confused, not even realizing that he had zoned out that whole time. He just nodded, and headed off for the transport and his old company..

(( Just a little thing I wrote up, hope you like it. ))
Working...
X