Back in the saddle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back in the saddle

((OOC: Good evening Alpha Company! In an effort to begin some more RP both on forums and ingame I created this thread. It will provide all current members and recruits the opportunity to get a feel for each others' characters and personalities as we establish an RP history and unity amongst our company. This will be an open RP thread meaning anyone can post here IN TURN. The story will at the start revolve around Alpha Company rebuilding it's numbers and getting back into the fight. But since this is open RP anyone here can take the story in any direction they see fit.

Participation: If you would like to participate then please simply make a post adding your section to the story, as participants add up I will make a list which is turn based. If it is your turn and you do not post after two days then you will be skipped and the next person may add their post.

This is my first attempt at starting an RP thread so please bear with me and any advice/questions just put the old ((OOC)) and say what you wish.

Thanks in advance!))

Participants:

Neves
    ================================================== ================================================== =============================
    ================================================== ================================================== =============================

Neves sat there on a crate of supplies in a patch of bare grass, surrounded by patches of snow with the other members of his squad. They were gathered in a circle as he debriefed them on their recent attack. The Alderaan snow fell slowly around them and the sun was setting. On the ground was a rough terrain model of rocks and sticks replicating their mission route. Neves sat there cleaning his rifle along with his troopers. He motioned to a section of the terrain model with his cleaning rod.

"Here is where the major fuck up was gents." He said with a calm but stern voice.

"This bridge could've spelt out last day thanks to your failure to follow simple instructions and lack of discipline to remembering training." The troopers' heads dropped a little at their shame in letting their leader down.

"But thanks to your quick ability to rebound from a bad situation, and your cool heads you were all able to push through the objective and clear the camp of the Thul scouts on the other side." The troopers looked up again, smiles on their faces and a glimmer of pride in their eyes again.

"You all did a fine job overall, and for many of you it was your first time under fire. I may not be there the next time to guide you the way I did and you will have to rely on each other, and your experiences like these to see you through."

Neves holocomunicator blinked blue and beeped. He pulled it out and clicked it showing the helmet of a pilot. "Dagger-3 Actual, Dagger-3 Actual, this is Blackbird-7. Over"

"Blackbird-7, this is Dagger-3 Actual, send your traffic over." Neves replied, relieved to finally see their transportation was near.

"Dagger-3 Actual, be advised we are approaching your POS from the South-West, ETA 3 Mikes. How copy? Over."

"Solid copy on that, LZ is secure, no enemy contact following completion of mission. You are clear landing. Over."

The pilot nodded his head in acknowledgement, "Good to go Dagger-3 Actual, see you soon. Out."

With that Neves clicked his holocomunicator off. He stood up, rifle fully reassembled and gave it a cock to ensure everything was in working order. "Alright gents." He said with a smile on his face, "Lets go home and get some hot chow and a good night's rest, you've earned it."

The troopers smiled in return and grabbed their gear. They were covered in black dirt and blood on their armor, evidence of their hard fighting. But they only had two injuries and were in good spirits. "They came out all right." Neves thought to himself.

The dropship swooped around the mountain peak and came in for a quick landing. It blew snow and grass alike into the faces of the troopers before it set down on the deck.

"LOAD UP!" Neves shouted above the roar of the engines. The troops loaded up from front to back in two columns sitting across from each other. One trooper had his arm in a sling, and another was helped limping into the shuttle before he rested his back in the chair with a face of equal satisfaction and grimace from pain.

Neves took his seat, the one closest to the ramp. "Time to get back to the Repulse and enjoy the rest of the weekend!" he said to his boys. "And one more thing... the first round is on me!" The troopers let out a cheer of happiness. He could see their faces, all smiling back at him. They all began telling jokes to each other and stories of their recent engagement. The ramp closed on a white moutainrange of Alderaan, with the sun setting behind it. The shuttle lifted off and made its way into the atmosphere, back to the Republic ship the Repulse. Back to the home of Alpha Company.
    Last edited by Neves Eanur; 07-06-2013, 08:10 PM. Reason: Because FUCK YOU ;)

"Shit just got real. Alpha Company's here." - Kerrilar
Working...
X