Cool idea. ...or not.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cool idea. ...or not.

This is something I thought of awhile back. Let me know if you all think it's interesting or just really stupid.

I think the class story is one of the strongest components of this game. I mean, it's where most of the time and money went afterall. I've leveled 3 characters to 50 and a couple more halfway. There were some very fun battles. I found myself wishing I could create a save game just before certain battles so I could replay them. Then I thought - hey, why couldn't there be a mechanism to let us replay those battles? How cool would it be if we could choose to go back into an isolated instance and fight the bosses from our class story? We could try different tactics, different dialogue and different companions just for fun. I wondered, how would this mechanic work in-game and how would it make any sense.

Then I realized ... why not as a dream sequence? The rooms on our ship need more purpose - like the corgo hold now. We all have captains quarters with a bed. Wouldn't it be cool if we could click the bed, lay down to sleep and then have access to some of the boss fights from our story? Anyway, it is something I would like to see.

cool idea, but a huge part of the game is designed around the concept of time sinks. If you want to replay a battle, they want you to make another character and do it all over again.

Comment

I would love that Corth... At first I thought maybe that would mean I'd have less alts... but actually seeing the different conversation options and how they plan out instead of having to esc at the last second would probably make it more tempting to make an alt and see what else you missed. My first agent was LS and now I have another one going DS, it completely changes the context of the story and it's fucking awesome. /peepants

Comment

um I may make another agent and go DS my currnet one is LS LOL or do it with my BH too hehe maybe make my agent a true blood agent this time since I have that open hehe

Comment

Originally posted by corth View Post
          This is something I thought of awhile back. Let me know if you all think it's interesting or just really stupid.

I think the class story is one of the strongest components of this game. I mean, it's where most of the time and money went afterall. I've leveled 3 characters to 50 and a couple more halfway. There were some very fun battles. I found myself wishing I could create a save game just before certain battles so I could replay them. Then I thought - hey, why couldn't there be a mechanism to let us replay those battles? How cool would it be if we could choose to go back into an isolated instance and fight the bosses from our class story? We could try different tactics, different dialogue and different companions just for fun. I wondered, how would this mechanic work in-game and how would it make any sense.

Then I realized ... why not as a dream sequence? The rooms on our ship need more purpose - like the corgo hold now. We all have captains quarters with a bed. Wouldn't it be cool if we could click the bed, lay down to sleep and then have access to some of the boss fights from our story? Anyway, it is something I would like to see.
          I would definitely do class conversations / events over again. There is a lot of good content there.

Comment

Working...
          X