X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTF BW? Really?

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=594294

I leave it to you all to discuss...
    I thought some different classes would get a look at in regards of nerfs/buffs
    Thanks for not listening to feedback from your player base.
    Last edited by Neves Eanur; 02-05-2013, 11:45 AM.

"Shit just got real. Alpha Company's here." - Kerrilar

Can someone post whatever this is without a link?

Some of us don't take our Security Key everywhere we go, like to work and stuff.

FYI you need to log into your SWTOR profile to access this link.

Please and thanks?

Cheers,

Comment

Actually the post got deleted and the poster permabanned. There's a redit post with the info as well but I can't copy paste the link with my phone from work. It honestly doesn't look that bad. Smash got nerfed and commandos got ...something. Most of it seemed pretty vague so we'll see once its on PTS. They didn't touch bubble stun though

Comment

I am curious now, I don't have enough information to find this particular redit post on my own.

They never give us any idea how long until stuff goes on the PTS. Even so, having used the PTS every time since 1.1 I can honestly say if they have ever changed/fixed anything between PTS and Live, it has been subtle things like arm clipping or shadow details. PTS acts as early access, they ignore bug reports and feedback proceeding how they want.

Honor your opponent, for without him you have no glory.

Comment

they nerfed commandos/merc dps. Seriously, I cannot think of a worse developer team in any MMO I've played in terms of PvP "balance". They just looks at the metrics and hit "auto-correct".

"Hrmm... it seems that commandos and mercs are getting too much burst with HSM, we had better make that weaker so they are more in=line with other classes"

Comment

Adapt and overcome. If they impliment this (I heven't read it) then we'll just have to figure it out again. Makes it a challenge.

"This was an action of the utmost gallantry by a commanding officer whose dashing leadership and courage throughout the battle were an inspiration to all about him." - Victoria Cross Statement about Colonel H Jones.

Comment

If they add a barber shop and rename feature, I just might make my Scoundrel my main. All the buffs the other classes got after 1.2 made the healing nerfs obsolete. Commando seems to be the devs most hated class.

Comment

Originally posted by Viozaer View Post
                Adapt and overcome. If they impliment this (I heven't read it) then we'll just have to figure it out again. Makes it a challenge.
                I wasn't saying it's game breaking. I'm just saying that the single class that the entire PvP forums can agree is the absolute worst and needs as much love as it can to be really viable again is getting nerfed because it had the highest burst in the game. I'm laughing because if not I'd cry.

Comment

Found it. 1.7 was datamined, info from Darth Hater.

Today, I was made aware of an effort to datamine some upcoming changes in Game Update 1.7 . This information was passed along to me from an anonymous source, but the original miner would appear to be a user by the name of Kamii.

So far, the information largely relates to changes in classes, including new abilities, and revamping some of the already present abilities. For all this information, as well as my opinion on the matter, hit the jump.

I'll start this post with a few disclaimers. The information here has been datamined, and as such it is very likely to change before the actual release of the update, let alone it's time on the PTS; so, bearing that in mind, this is more of a snapshot of what the changes look like at present. As the update becomes available for play on the PTS you can expect a full round of coverage from here. For now, take from these what you will and, preferably, with a grain of salt. I'll be doing a bit of digging myself in the coming week, and I'll see if I can make more sense of what we know thus far. Having said that, I'll provide a cleaned up list of the changes.

On a final note, please keep your discussion here; threads are being deleted on the official site, and could result in a ban. You have been warned.

Changes by Class

Jedi Knight

General:

Force Exhaustion: Previously the effect happened over 5 seconds, this change takes it down to 3 seconds. The DoT ticks faster, but only ticks 4 times now, instead of 5. The speed debuff previously progressed from 60 down to 10 by increments of 10; now the debuff is 50, 30, then 10.
                  Force Guard: Passive ability, absorbs damage at two ranks: 3% and 6% respectively.
                  Force Health: Also passive, restores action points and modifies an unspecified stat(2.5% on stat "103", possibly health regeneration); Restores 1 action point on Rank 1; 2 on Rank 2.
                  Heightened Power: Lasts 6 seconds, increases all damage dealt by 3%.
                  Incisor: 50% slowed movement speed for 6 seconds.
                  Inner Focus: Charges removed; as in, Zen no longer gives you stacks, only 4 action points (same with Combat Focus)
                  Singularity: Charges decreased from 4 to 3, also grant focus.
                  Sweep: Focus cost reduced by 12% per rank, damage is increased by 11.11% per rank

Sentinel:

"Hand of Justice": Next dispatch can be used on any target.
                  "Time Dilation": No description available yet.
                  Unspecified Proc: Increases melee and ranged defenses by 1% per charge up to 3 charges, lasts 10 seconds. Ability procs from 0x400000045C65BD, so unclear on which ability it refers to.
                  "Double Saber Throw": Description unspecified, but it's pretty obvious what it probably does.

Guardian - Vigilance:

Engulfing Force: Damage buff; 10% increased damage.
                  Force Rush: Length of effect changed from 9 seconds to 15, with a huge nerf to the crit chance(60% down to 25%). No longer effects Dispatch, only Blade Storm
                  Keening: New ability; Next dispatch can be used on any target, 15 second effect. Same as Sent, currently unaware of what procs this.
                  Overhead Slash: Damage increased by 10%.
                  Sundering Throw: Buffed; changed from 15 seconds to 45 seconds; armor debuff increased from 4% to 20%
                  Zen Strike: Restores 3 focus, up from 2.

Trooper

Commando - Gunnery:

Advance the Line: New ability, effect unspecified.
                  Charge Net: Modifies unspecified stat by 2%
                  Decoy: New ability; absorbs next incoming direct Force or Tech attack (lasts 6 seconds).
                  Demolition Round: Damage reduced by 5%
                  Grav Round: Minimum damage reduced, maximum damage increased.
                  Reserve Round: Removed.
                  Overclock: Reduces casting time by 7.5/15% per rank, 2 ranks.
                  Reflexive Shield: Defensive CD, absorbs damage(6 Second effect).

Trooper - General:

Pulse Engine: Next Pulse Cannon channels and ticks twice as fast.
                  Shrap Satchel: No specific description, but adds a slow to the target(50% movement speed reduction).
                  Soldier's Grit: Alacrity increase; amount unspecified.
                  Superior Defense: Modifies Stat #48(?) by 4% (Probably defense rating)

Group Finder:

One small change to group finder sees new quests for Operation, Flashpoint, Hardmode Flashpoint.

We also have access to a new map, presumably the map for Scum and Villainy, the previously leaked new Operation:
                  http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/...ps8e2d9bb0.png

Conclusion and Thoughts

As I said in the introduction paragraph, datamined information is really nothing to bet the farm on. These changes will likely change again before we see a release client; but, what this does afford us is a look at some possible changes coming our way. Also worth mentioning, this is no guarantee that these are changes intended specifically for 1.7, only that they were included with the files for 1.7 on the PTS. Often times, files for later content will be included with sooner patches, so that the groundwork or pieces are already in place to be worked with later. That being said, we don't know which of these changes will go where, or how soon we'll see them, but I figured that any information we can get our hands on, at this point, is a welcome glimpse of things to come. I'll be doing a little digging into this further myself, and I'll keep you folks posted in the coming week. Also, with the 1.7 patch available for download on the PTS, as well as the recent announcement involving character transfers for the PTS, I'd say we're going to see it available for testing very shortly. So, keep a look out, and I'll do my best to stay on top of any further information that makes it's way over here. Thanks for reading, discussion and speculation in the comments please.

Comment

Doesn't look like much of a nerf to Commandos. Like I said they got ...something. Its hard to tell if its an improvement or not.

Comment

nerf to demo round, which is their hardest-hitting attack.

Comment

yeah that's the info I found.

Sorry about the link guys. but someone else picked up the slack.

I was most astonished about the changes to commando's/merc and none to bubble. I'm pretty pleased with smash however, there was some talk on forums about vengence being the new pvp build. But this is all in theory, nothing has been implemented yet.

"Shit just got real. Alpha Company's here." - Kerrilar

Comment

Originally posted by Kontraz View Post
                          nerf to demo round, which is their hardest-hitting attack.
                          Not if you're Assault Spec... Unless they cross it over to Plastique.

"This was an action of the utmost gallantry by a commanding officer whose dashing leadership and courage throughout the battle were an inspiration to all about him." - Victoria Cross Statement about Colonel H Jones.

Comment

Originally posted by Neves Eanur View Post
                            yeah that's the info I found.

Sorry about the link guys. but someone else picked up the slack.

I was most astonished about the changes to commando's/merc and none to bubble. I'm pretty pleased with smash however, there was some talk on forums about vengence being the new pvp build. But this is all in theory, nothing has been implemented yet.
                            I must be blind or just retarded about Jedee stuff. I do not understand your reference to smash cuz I do not see it in the details posted. What did I miss?

Cheers,

Comment

Originally posted by K'rell View Post
                              I must be blind or just retarded about Jedee stuff. I do not understand your reference to smash cuz I do not see it in the details posted. What did I miss?

Cheers,
                              LOL... Vengenance is a Sith Smash Monkey build (one I use). I assume that Neves assume that these changes will migrate to the Warrior.

Comment

Working...
                              X