• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Goodbye skill trees?

Yeah... this'll be interesting.

http://www.swtor.com/info/news/blog/20141006

"Shit just got real. Alpha Company's here." - Kerrilar

O God it's the NGE all over again. Maybe we can use different weapons now
    Last edited by Qorbin; 10-06-2014, 11:53 AM.

“Once more into the breach, dear friends, once more. Or close the wall with our dead. In peace there's nothing so becomes a man, as modest stillness and humility; But when the blast of war blows in our ears, then imitate the action of the tiger: Stiffen the sinews, summon up the blood. Summon up the blood. Disguise fair nature with rage and lend the eye a terrible aspect.” Shakespeare

Comment

Originally posted by Qorbin View Post
      Maybe we can use different weapons now
      Do I smell Gunslingers with sniper rifles ?

Comment

Originally posted by Derzis View Post

Doubtful. Considering all this is a restructuring of current skill trees. It'll just give us more options with passive abilities between Advanced Class skill trees. The weapons and abilities will work the same.

Comment

This is gonna be fun to figure out what maximizes our abilities in a certain roll

Comment

No longer are you forced to purchase skills that are, in essence, necessary for your character to function; you simply get them automatically as you level up and progress down what we call the Discipline Path.

Oh yeah? I want my credits back then

With Disciplines, we can focus on creating strong and fun play styles from level 10 on, without having to worry about how people are spending 50 skill points and whether some people are making bad decisions or if others are finding crazy untested combinations that vastly exceed what we want to happen.

Oh brother....
            Last edited by Riike; 10-06-2014, 07:18 PM.

Comment

Let me know how that goes Riike. The largest thing I don't like about this is it'll make it harder to determine what skills/passives your opponent has in PvP by just taking a glance at their bar. Curious to see how shaking this will be to PvP. I doubt it'll impact PvE nearly as much.

Comment

isn't this what WoW did?

Comment

A lot of fine tuning in everyone's future.

"This was an action of the utmost gallantry by a commanding officer whose dashing leadership and courage throughout the battle were an inspiration to all about him." - Victoria Cross Statement about Colonel H Jones.

Comment

At least that makes CATs easier to teach

Comment

Originally posted by Riike View Post
                      At least that makes CATs easier to teach
                      With the new flexibility I am seeing that can come. It may make them harder.

EDIT: The core of a spec will remain the same, but optional tools from other trees will become available. Though we don't know the extent of it yet. Livestream should reveal more tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by Derzis View Post

Shit, there's a standing exception stating if Gunslingers can use sniper rifles they'd be let into our ranks.

Our training is going to have to do a little evolving with this, but it'll be fun , depending on what the Utilities are and what the limits are though we could very well be facing NGE 2.0 *He said with trepidation.*

Honor your opponent, for without him you have no glory.

Comment

Someone with no life will spend several days and weeks testing various builds, then post up an ePeen stroking, "Look at the best DPS/Tank/Heal build in the game" and everybody else will pretty much follow it.

I agree with Neves, CAT courses with have to evolve focusing more on base mechanics with a lot of "if you see this, then this will be happening" sub-texts.

Adapt and Overcome, or:

Utrinque Paratus

"This was an action of the utmost gallantry by a commanding officer whose dashing leadership and courage throughout the battle were an inspiration to all about him." - Victoria Cross Statement about Colonel H Jones.

Comment

Originally posted by Viozaer View Post
                            "Look at the best DPS/Tank/Heal build in the game" and everybody else will pretty much follow it.
                            When if comes to pve, pretty much. But, in pvp, things will be different I think, like there are in WoW: "Should I get +15% dmg, or a 4 sec stun against this comp ?"

Comment

Originally posted by Viozaer View Post
                              Utrinque Paratus
                              You paratroopers have a much better motto than me: Ambitiose sed Ineptum

Honor your opponent, for without him you have no glory.

Comment

Working...
                              X