No announcement yet.

3.0 Global Combat Changes livesteam notes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well then, with gut (always liked this one), the reduced CD on mortar volley, a 20% armor debuff, defense buff from sonic round, etc, looks like i'm definitely goin tactics. And do y'all think the 56 skill under tactics, charged loaders, gives you 7 total missiles or does it just do away with the wait to load your last 3 missiles for the normal 4 total missiles?

Always hated Pulse Cannon so i'm definitely not gonna be plasmatech. Its the main reason I never went old tactics. I was really lookin forward to plasmatize though

Comment

Can't say I'm thrilled with the play style changes to tactics/plasmatech

"Shit just got real. Alpha Company's here." - Kerrilar

Comment

I had been trying to put together a CAT revision, but have since realized I am still learning the changes and have never been suited for number-crunching training. So, with the NDA no longer being relevant, I post the little bit I know for sure from what I last saw on the PTS, this may not be entirely accurate. I'm just going to link the patch notes before I go to bed while my game reinstalls and then patches.

Buffs and Debuffs are now an adjustable feature on the player UI.

A Proc is now indicated by the skill getting a glowing golden outline.

The Commando’s alt firing ability while in Support Cell has been separated and made into Med Shot, allowing it to be used when not in Support Cell. This make it more like the Scoundrel’s Diagnostic Scan. It still builds Supercharged Cells.

Bacta Infusion replaces Kolto Bomb as the universal heal every Commando has, but Med Probe has also been removed.

Gunnery
        Full Auto has a replacement skill now, Boltstorm, it has the same CD, lower ammo cost, and same channel time, but has a higher DPS output.

Vortex Bolt procs insta-cast Grav Round which will proc Full Auto/Boltstorm, which will have a change to proc and insta-cast Advanced Med Probe.

Vanguard
        Tank spec has Ion Storm, which is superior to Pulse Cannon and shares a CD, same ammo, same CD

Ion Pulse can proc Pulse Cannon/Ion Storm

Honor your opponent, for without him you have no glory.

Comment

SWTOR 3.0 Vanguard Tactics and Plasmatech DPS Guide by Kwerty

http://dulfy.net/2014/12/07/swtor-3-...ide-by-kwerty/
          "Fear is a lie, Passion a lie.."

Comment

Kwert does good stuff. If only I had found his guides BEFORE I learned my rotation and tips/tricks lol. But it was a good guide to check my knowledge of the class against. I highly suggest everyone who plays a VG/PT to take a look at his stuff.

"Shit just got real. Alpha Company's here." - Kerrilar

Comment

Working...
            X