Server Transfers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Server Transfers

With server transfers planned to be released with 2.2, it's possible to get other high ranking Troopers onboard to give us more fresh meat. Granted they are not listed in the 2.2 PTS Patch Notes, but that could just be because it's not a gameplay change. I've already started recruitment efforts among my friends list on other servers to try and entice them over. I know we have a deep pool of potential recruits since I am constantly seeing people trying to form Trooper-base guilds on Ebon Hawk. The only thing that would throw a hitch in this plan is if BW decided to not give us any free transfers and make them fairly expensive.

Honor your opponent, for without him you have no glory.

But what about if the people in this server transfer to other servers?
    "We will not be pushed around by some pissants from the ass end of the galaxy!" Grand Moff Turn addresing the rebel raid on corusant (Star wars : Combine)

Comment

Then that would be an issue the senior members would have to assess for the good of the guild. My gut says if server pop drops drastically a voluntary move of ACoy would be considered, but I'm not sure. It's a disconcerting thought that has crossed my mind already.

Comment

As a RP/PVP Guild, why would we move anywhere else?

Cheers,

Comment

I guess the intent was more clear in my head than I got across, which was I dread being on a dead server. Now that I think about it though, they wouldn't close down their only RP-PvP server unless we were basically the last ones here.

Comment

Well it depends on the people making the game usually they get rid of the Rp-PvP servers before they do the Rp or Pvp, since Rp-PvP servers tend to have less population, although really it depends on how many people leave or come, but I wouldn't worry about it till we get to that point, since there really is nothing we can do from stopping people from transferring. And if they do close our server we will cross that bridge when we come to it.
            "We will not be pushed around by some pissants from the ass end of the galaxy!" Grand Moff Turn addresing the rebel raid on corusant (Star wars : Combine)

Comment

As someone who used to play on the only english speaking RP-PVP server in the EU server zone, when it closed down the PVP on the mandatory transfer server was nothing like it had been and almost no chance of open world encounters. Hence why I moved here. Expect euro-players to move in force to USA. When the transfers open I would expect to have us all on almost continual outreach as there will be a lot of quality roleplayers to snap up who will want that perfect blend.
              "Fear is a lie, Passion a lie.."

Comment

Well, found this in the Dev Tracker: Transfers are still slated to hit in 2.2 (11JUN13) and the cost will be 1800 Cartel Coins (~$15) per character.

Unless they offer promos, freebies, or the GTN sells them cheap, I don't think this will be as big an issue as I thought...

Comment

2.2 is supposed to APAC server only... Did they change that?

"This was an action of the utmost gallantry by a commanding officer whose dashing leadership and courage throughout the battle were an inspiration to all about him." - Victoria Cross Statement about Colonel H Jones.

Comment

APAC transfers have already started. 2.2 is everyone else.

Comment

They are up, also, 1 free character rename HERE.

Comment

Working...
                      X