Patch 2.3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Patch 2.3

Upcoming Patch 2.3 changes. The one of interest to most of you is the PvP change.

"This was an action of the utmost gallantry by a commanding officer whose dashing leadership and courage throughout the battle were an inspiration to all about him." - Victoria Cross Statement about Colonel H Jones.

Hmm, meaning a side turret on Alderaan can't get reinforcements in a hurry when under attack. This will delay support long enough to make all the difference in a cap or loss.

Honor your opponent, for without him you have no glory.

Comment

The tactic will be to press to the opponents entrance and deny them the chance to move to the right hand node while keeping the middle under control. It'll be the natural chokepoint to control 2/3 nodes.

Comment

In other words.... Spawn camp. /sigh Thanks BioWare.

And is that isn't enough - You can now get an Ewok companion. /doublesigh

"This was an action of the utmost gallantry by a commanding officer whose dashing leadership and courage throughout the battle were an inspiration to all about him." - Victoria Cross Statement about Colonel H Jones.

Comment

fuckin' ewoks... :P

Comment

KOS on all ewoks?
            Companion-kill only no matter the level I say.
            Bonus points if you can get them over a cliff....
            Last edited by Fairbairn; 07-01-2013, 04:42 AM.
            "Fear is a lie, Passion a lie.."

Comment

I hear they are good eats... Slow roasting is called for.

Comment

"She is a heavy armor user with Aim as his primary stat." - Why couldn't it have been a race that we -already- have in the game?
                http://dulfy.net/2013/06/28/swtor-ne...mpanion-treek/
                No real spoilers in there unless you click on the background vid.
                Million credits? I think this is a marketing test to determine if they can just release all the useless ideas that have been binned in the past because they were not close to the period of canon etc etc.
                I'm sure there is something far better to spend the million credits on, - even single character legacy purchases are better value than this.

But to give the post some balance and a positive note, you could just load top-end healing gear on this character, and have them PVP someone.
                Or start an ewok fight-club where they face down assassin droids, or our trooper combat droid. Loser gets eaten.

Comment

I would duel people just to kill their ewok companion... KOS seems right...

Comment

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...4808859&type=3
                    - New items in the Supreme Mogul's contraband back.
                    Of Note: Aratech Ghost - Perhaps for our "Ghost" members only?

Comment

Well, there should be more focus on features than companions in my opinion. For example, I don't think that a companion will make people more attracted to this game. Maybe a new kind of PvP feature like for example Jung Ma Republic side Versus. Darth Nilihous Imperial side, or maybe some guild events. Like a republic guild from Jung Ma, versus a imperial guild from another server. That would make people more attracted.

As well, Siege events like invasions and such. Imagine a huge Siege Event at Courscant. Think about receiving a voice message from Satele Shan or General Garza or whatever in your helmet's earpiece where it would tell you that a fleet has been spotted above Coruscant and that the Imperials are trying to invade us, get to Senate Plaza and hold the line..(Blablabla). And the area would automatically turn to a warzone, meaning you'd see a few NPC soldiers there, maybe a couple of barriers where you can take cover and all the civilians are evacuated. Then you'd have a timer, so everyone could regroup at Senate Plaza, and when that timer runs out, you'd see a couple of shuttles coming down, and some turrets shooting into the air, and some shuttles would land and enemy players would run out from them and it would be a heavy warzone.

It would be epic.

Muscles from Norway

Comment

I agree with all of the above. I'm a huge supporter of expanding pvp mechanics and not repainted wz's

"Shit just got real. Alpha Company's here." - Kerrilar

Comment

Sounds like great idea unfortunately there are two problems:

1. The Imperials recognize that Alpha Company own WPvP which is why they don't fight us anymore unless in groups of 24+
                          2. BW employees all play Imperials. See above.

Comment

Then it's the BioWare employees who should make some variations, start playing as Republic as well. I mean, fine they enjoy playing as an Imperial, but maybe they should do that on their free-time and not play what suites them best whilst on work, but actually do what suites the community better. They should do it for the success of the game, not for their own arrogant agenda(if that's what you'd like to call them).

But I mean, seeing Alpha Company players makes people want to be 24+, but think about it. There will be several Ops groups of Imperials, at the same time several Ops' of Republic on the same planet/siege event. Which means they will defently more than 24 players in both teams.

Muscles from Norway

Comment

Why is this even a patch? They aren't even doing class fixes or any sort of bug fixes it seems.
                              Just making Civil War kind of crap and adding in a furr ball from a planet we can't even go to yet.

Comment

Working...
                              X