Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The end of SWTOR? SWTOR 2? (Spoiler)

http://www.reddit.com/r/swtor/commen...ture_of_swtor/
    Last edited by Kirby; 04-19-2015, 05:51 PM. Reason: added (Spoiler) to the title.

Muscles from Norway

We will see. It would make sense for Disney to want a MMO for the new Star Wars movies to cash in on the marketing. I don't know how long Bioware has the license for, but I'd imagine once the license expires Disney will take over with their own MMO.

But who knows.

Comment

Wouldn't be bad if Disney took over to be honest. But let's hope they would use the same engine as Battlefield 4. Alpha Company back to stormtroopers would be cool

Muscles from Norway

Comment

This is old (and fake news). Shadow of Revan alone, dismissed at least half of all the things claimed there.

Comment

It's sad that the engine SWTOR uses literally can't do framerates over 100. I tested this the other day with a few of my characters in several planets and instances.

"Ultra" graphics: roughly 97 or 98 fps.
          "Very Low" graphics: same.

Tested some on Hoth yesterday as well.

"Ultra" graphics: lowest was 5-7 fps.
          "Very Low" graphics: you guessed it--same numbers. I expected an fps at least in the teens. WTF SWTOR?

Frostbite save us.

Comment

This will never fucking stop....

how are some of you so gullible. The second this came out I knew it was fake.

This will never stop getting posted....

Comment

I'm not, it's just that I thought it would be worthy of a little discussion about the speculation. I am not gullible for anything as it is the rumour makers and not BioWare who confirms it.

Muscles from Norway

Comment

It's an entertaining read though ya?

Comment

Yeah :P

Muscles from Norway

Comment

Originally posted by Corth View Post
                    This will never fucking stop....

how are some of you so gullible. The second this came out I knew it was fake.

This will never stop getting posted....

I don't think it is gullible to believe that SWTOR does have a timer on it. When the game was released and what the state of the IP is now there will be some sort of a change. Disney keeping the game at arms length also could mean that they could have something of their own in the making. As far as the rebuilding engine, extended character stories and some sort of a blending of the story arcs / games into a transition - no chance. Kudos to the guy that took the time to write that, I'm sure he is still glad it gets attention.

That and you have The Repopulation going to make full release sometime soon, as well as Star Citizen, you will have other outlets for Sc-Fi gamers.

Comment

Working...
                    X