3.3 PvP Changes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3.3 PvP Changes

A summary of changes from an interview with a BW PvP designer. Doing this on my phone, so apologies if the formatting is shit.

Summary

---

Everything might be subject to change.

Content patch 3.3

**Gearing**

Reduction in PVP set gear costs:

- Exhumed reduced by 33%.
    - Dark Reaver reduced by **81%!!** (thanks a lot for this, /u/emusco and Alex - I promise to level at least 4 new characters to 60 so I can finally PvP on other alts!

Apparently only _2%_ of the games population has a full set of Dark Reaver.

- Ranked Warzones comms removed from daily/weekly.
    - XP and Credit rewards have been increased. (he said doubled, but might not be 100% yet.)
    - This is a **permanent change**.

---

- **They are introducing an official way to transfer warzones comms from character to character** (People weren't too happy with the removal of the stronghold title transfer.)
    - NO timer restriction.
    - You buy a box of 99 comms for 99 comms and send to whatever alt you want.

---
    **Ranked**

- For ranked you now need **2018 expertise to join queue.**
    - They are doing this to reduce trolling even more, while they'll still keep monitoring trolls/douchebags.
    - Changes to ranked rewards.
    - There will now be season specific tokens (big amount) at the end of the season based on the tier you get. You will no longer gain ranked comms, you will get season specific tokens throughout the season. At the end of the season, you can buy rewards from all tiers based on your performance (this one seemed a bit unclear.)
    - Giradda will be selling these rewards!
    - The tokens are bound to character.
    - **The more matches you play, the more tokens you get. You'll be able to buy Tier 1 rewards even if you only ever get to Bronze! Confirmed by /u/emusco later in the interview.** Mounts might be purchaseable even if you only ever get Bronze, but you'll have to play _A LOT_ (emphasis by Musco.)
    - A new ratio/system rewards you with tokens / medals. Winning gives more tokens obviously.

- Tokens you get in for example season 6 will be usable during season 7, then removed forever by being converted into warzone commendations. You'll have an entire season to spend LAST SEASONS tokens on the rewards.
    - **There's going to be one exclusive reward per tier that you need to get x rating to get.** Not the Top 96 rewards, but something new.
    - Top 96 will get everything + exlusive top 96 as usual.
    - They have looked into adding top 96 _per server_, but will not happen now.

---

**Warzones in general**

- They are changing AoE in warzones - they can no longer interrupt captures. No more force storms, Death from Above, Death Field etc. (SUBJECT TO CHANGE IF IT IS TERRIBLE.) This will be tested on the PTS first.
    - They have been working on a new prototype of a new Warzones. No time to report, but they are working on it.

---

**They are not going to stop communication with us after the developer harassment, but they will be cautious in the future and Musco makes it clear it's unacceptable behaviour from a few bad apples.**

If we dont get ranked comms from ranked warzones and they are removing ranked comms from dailies and weeklies. How are we supposed to buy ranked gear?

Muscles from Norway

Comment

Originally posted by Kirby View Post
      If we dont get ranked comms from ranked warzones and they are removing ranked comms from dailies and weeklies. How are we supposed to buy ranked gear?
      blood and tears.... everything else looks ok... However, just one new warzone PROTOTYPE?!?!?

"We don't have a word for hero. Being prepared to die for your family and friends, or what you hold dear, is a basic requirement for a Mando, so it's not worth a separate word. It's only cowards we had to find a special name for." -Baltan Carid​

Comment

There will now be season specific tokens (big amount) at the end of the season based on the tier you get. You will no longer gain ranked comms, you will get season specific tokens throughout the season. At the end of the season, you can buy rewards from all tiers based on your performance

“Once more into the breach, dear friends, once more. Or close the wall with our dead. In peace there's nothing so becomes a man, as modest stillness and humility; But when the blast of war blows in our ears, then imitate the action of the tiger: Stiffen the sinews, summon up the blood. Summon up the blood. Disguise fair nature with rage and lend the eye a terrible aspect.” Shakespeare

Comment

Oh nice

"We don't have a word for hero. Being prepared to die for your family and friends, or what you hold dear, is a basic requirement for a Mando, so it's not worth a separate word. It's only cowards we had to find a special name for." -Baltan Carid​

Comment

Oh nice. So no more complainments like "You only won cuz you had ranked gear"

Muscles from Norway

Comment

Originally posted by Kirby View Post
              Converting WZ comms into Ranked comms using the vendor. Kind of defeats the purpose of reducing prices by so much imo.

Comment

There will be no more ranked comms Riike.

The Dark Reaver gear will cost normal wz comms, about the same as Exhumed costs now.
                Exhumed will cost less than now.
                "Fear is the mind-killer."

Comment

I have lost 1 of my 2 reasons for having Hail of Bolts on my bound keys. Cap stopping requiring direct damage is going to make things interesting, but I guess the Devs finally tried capping when a team of Sorcs were Storm spamming the cap.

Honor your opponent, for without him you have no glory.

Comment

Mij I usually use a sticky

Comment

What is this about?

**They are not going to stop communication with us after the developer harassment, but they will be cautious in the future and Musco makes it clear it's unacceptable behaviour from a few bad apples.**

Comment

Sentinels/marauders were angry about some proposed changes so they stalked and threatened a dev.
                        "Fear is the mind-killer."

Comment

Originally posted by Kjvago View Post
                          There will be no more ranked comms Riike.

The Dark Reaver gear will cost normal wz comms, about the same as Exhumed costs now.
                          Exhumed will cost less than now.
                          Unless you're getting that info from somewhere else, I don't see it anywhere in the original post. Point it out to me if i'm missing it?

Comment

Originally posted by Riike View Post

Unless you're getting that info from somewhere else, I don't see it anywhere in the original post. Point it out to me if i'm missing it?
                            In 3.3 we'll probably get a new pvp season and another set of gear. So the current ranked gear, will become the standard wz gear.

Comment

Originally posted by Kjvago View Post
                              Sentinels/marauders were angry about some proposed changes so they stalked and threatened a dev.

wait... what???

Comment

Working...
                              X