KFE - Initial Impressions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KFE - Initial Impressions

Only played around for a 30 minutes before work this morning. Here are a few thoughts:

Pantless Companions - WTF BioWare? All my companions had no pants. Joke maybe?
    Companion Weapons - Looks like there have been some changes here. All the equipped weapons were returned, but not all could be re-equipped (Note - This is on my Trooper only so far). Walnut-Head now looks to be sporting dual weapons? *mind boggled*
    All those credits wasted.... Augments on my companions..

Although BW said that you would be able to bounce an existing toon to 60, that is not the case. I think Eric posted a while ago claiming that was the case, but in the demos the former was stated. Oh, well.

More later, but overall the eye candy is nice.
    Last edited by Viozaer; 10-20-2015, 04:24 PM.

"This was an action of the utmost gallantry by a commanding officer whose dashing leadership and courage throughout the battle were an inspiration to all about him." - Victoria Cross Statement about Colonel H Jones.

Played a little more at lunch time.

If you have 190 gear or higher then you will be OP. I don't think I was in danger once of dying. I need to play with one of the auto-60 characters to see if there is any more danger of dying... But I doubt it.

Story so far is fun and engaging, but the chapters seem awfully short. Maybe it is just me but most of all us will be done in one session of playtime with the current chapters. Still, making the content episodic means we should keep coming back for more.

More later.

"This was an action of the utmost gallantry by a commanding officer whose dashing leadership and courage throughout the battle were an inspiration to all about him." - Victoria Cross Statement about Colonel H Jones.

Comment

These are the main issues that I've noticed so far. Although, I was not granted early access, so I can't comment on the new chapters.

I was not a fan of having to spend 500k credits on the new crafting schematics. Also, my companion, C2-N2, has gone missing. They've removed all of the equipment vendors from the PvE area on fleet. This makes it very difficult to find weapons that your companions can equip. I am still looking for two melee weapons. The vendor on Coruscant, where we get our uniforms, is also gone.

Comment

Additional thoughts:

Weapons types used by companions have changed, but there is not an indication as to what those changes are. The weapons slot just states "Ranged", "Melee", etc.
        Quest areas are factional (not an issue, just observation)
        New companions only have weapon slot and one "outfit" slot. I sense Cartel Market items for them in the future.
        New crafting recipes for Armoursmith include armouring and new augments types. That is nice.

More later.

Comment

Ability Missing after 4.0A Patch (Medical Probe) | 10.22.2015, 10:05 AM
          Hey Medical Probers!

We're looking into this. Thank you for your reports!

-Tait
          And that was the last we ever heard. MAYBE we'll have the class playable after their 27th maint cycle...

Honor your opponent, for without him you have no glory.

Comment

OK, found something out today. You might already know this, but in case:

The 4 x Alliance Base Commanders (the Hutt, Smuggler and so on) have an Influence cap of 20. That is it. Keep an eye on the reputation and don't give away more than need on the one character (the turn ins are Bound to Legacy so you can spread that love between all your toons).

Comment

Ya, I noticed that too. Also, you have to have an influence of 10 to access the loot crate by the middle boss in the Star Fortress flashpoints.

With whom the influence is required changes depending on which planet you're doing.
              Last edited by Abraxis-Ra; 11-05-2015, 03:37 PM.

Comment

More observations:

Currently have a mix of 208, 216 and 220 gear on Vio (all augmented with 208 augments) and and over 90K unbuffed. I sense that with augmented 224 gear the unbuffed health pool will be very close to 100K. The funny thing is, I don't feel like I am hitting any harder... About the same, so the health pool on really works for higher tier fights.

The leveling of influence on companions seems only to grant additions to the health pool and nothing else. I am tempted to max one to 50 to see what happens (if anything).

Suggestions - Those of you with more than one toon might want to consider just sending all the Influence items to your prime to begin with. This is what I am doing with Vio, then Alhan and so on. Currently have a 5 man crew doing the Heroics during the week. Just a thought.

More Randomness - The Cartel Market sucks. The new packs are no better than the Heroics quest rewards (and they cost nothing but time). I am not sure what the thought process was behind the change (other than a cash grab), but I am sure we'll all figure it in the end.

On a positive note I think BW are trying to combat the credit farmers and the stupid economy by making it rain credits. Most of the toons I have leveled through the story mode and are on Heroic duties all started with 200K in credits at launch. All have over 3 million now.

Comment

Working...
                X