(06|02|12) [AAR: Training: Weekend Recruit RP Missions]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (06|02|12) [AAR: Training: Weekend Recruit RP Missions]

Recruits/Troopers involved - Isiah, Reinmar, Tavrik, Corth, Del'lantam, Raken, Tresk, Verda'den, Tai

Ran by: Sergeant-Major Rux with help from Sergeant Som on occasion

Mission: Utilized a heroic+2 mission on Balmorra to set up a dramatic search, rescue and destroy mission.

The first part was to find a downed ship on Balmorra outside Gorinth Outpost, search for survivors (the one who would give the quest).

Then use his intel to infiltrate an Imperial base and download more intel from the computers (this part was led by the recruit after intel was recieved, gauged the recruits ability to RP, move tactically, use cover, etc.)

Then once we found the target was trying to escape in the Starport, we quickly ambushed in. For this particular quest, if someone who didn't have the quest in the group ran at the end, they could get locked behind the Starport doors, and the person with the quest had to open them to help save them. I would charge in, get trapped and use RP through the comm to pretend that I was down and needed the Troopers help, a sort of climactic ending, if you will.

Once the mission was over, a small briefing was given and a thanks to the recruits involved.

Positives: Most, if not all the recruits, seemed to like the setup and the RP. A few were inexperienced, and that's why I started the mission leading, to showcase a bit of RP and tactical planning and use of cover, so that when they took over, they'd know what I expected. Everyone had a great time. Gave me a chance to really get to know and see our new recruits and also for them to know me, what I like to do and how I do it.

Negatives: A few people were no shows, or came late. Some people might not have been as enthused at the RP event as others, which isn't really a negative because that was the entire point of the exercise, to find out who got heavily into it and who did not.

All in all, I want to thank our new recruits for making the weekend a fun filled RP experience with me. You all did a great job and I hope you had fun! I will be planning another round of this type of thing for our other recruits to participate in.

Thanks for putting this together, Rux. It was a great time!

Comment

Thank you Rux, was fun seeing what you were doing and how you and Som went about it.

Comment

Yes, thank you for running this. Even though I was unable to obtain the mission for some reason, I still had a great time.

Comment

Working...
        X