Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (06|13|12) [AAR: Event: 'Operation Down the Sither']

Planet: Quesh

Formation Size: 15 (More showed up but were late and thus not considered part of the actual event, punctuality was key for this event due to time restriions)

Troops in Formation:
    Sergant Som
    Corporal Kjvago
    Corporal Hamakri
    Private Del'lantam
    Private Arkanjil
    Private Jaxin
    Recruit Kiirc
    Recruit Noran

Sergeant Ricky
    Recruit Judge
    Recruit Chadeaux

Jedi Master Harp
    Jedi Master Naya

Operation Zone:
    Broga's Palace
    Broga's Palace (Lower Level)
    Broga's Palace (Sewers)

Enemy Encountered:
    Clan Epsis (2)
    SerraTek Industries (4)
    Sons of Korriban (2-3 probably only 2)
    Order of Sith Lords (6-8)
    Independent (1)

Friendly/Neutral Encountered:
    Scoundrel (1) [Observer of the entire event]

Positive Points:
    - Organized well even with set backs and stuck to the plans organized.
    - Small team assigned to the sewers played their part well and made sure key objective for the event took place. (Yes... you had to fail sadly.)
    - Great work by the scouts staying in character and providing intel only when regrouped with the rest of the forces.
    - Unexpected ties to personal character stories and RP for Naya (Bonus)

Negative Points:
    - Started much later than expected due to late arrivals (including myself)
    - Lack of understanding when it came to COMMs being jammed when it came to members who don't have forum access yet, other than that most read the briefing and knew exactly what to do.
    - Initial assault in to the palace was slow, even when the order was given.
    - Confusion was caused over lack of "winning" objectives for mission (more to come in this soon when the continuation events start to take place, this is part 1 of hopefully 3 total events to come!)

Final Note:
    I know there are a lot of negatives to this AAR but I want all those who participated to know that for this being the first Crossfaction RP-PvP event it went MUCH BETTER than initially expected and thus we will continue to do them. Also the final attack on our outpost was not part of the event hence no mention, it was simply started by the Imperials still on Quesh and as I think we can all agree it was a blast and the icing on the cake when it came to this event.
    Last edited by ; 11-27-2012, 02:26 PM.

I have to admit, the event was too confusing for me to find very enjoyable. I can understand the desire to withhold information regarding these types of planned events. That being said, with so little communicated ahead of time, and so much having been scripted before the event's start, it ended up being very ... hollow. It seemed like I was a puppet, instead of a part of the story. It felt as if I had been relegated to the role of an NPC. I still have no idea what was going on.

EDIT In short, if I had known the outcome of the scenario was scripted and predetermined, I would not have attended. Especially since that predetermined outcome required that we fail to meet our objectives.
    Last edited by ; 06-15-2012, 03:09 PM.

Comment

I agree with Del'lantam's view about the "scripted and predetermined" feel of this OP.

I like the idea of Cross-Faction RP-PvP Stories, but unless more of the players involved know about the scenario's overall outcome, it'll continue to have a "hollow" feel for those not part of the main storyline. Along this line of thinking, those involved can't "portray" their intended role as effectively if they're given very little information about where the story is headed.

I think the idea is good and could be a lot of fun, but I believe it'll take a lot of collaboration between factions to get the story and player roles in this story ironed-out so everyone will feel they contributed something meaningful to the overall story-arc.

Keep up the story Som, but try to get major player roles filled with people willing to help move the story along in the right direction.

You're basically making a movie using the SW:TOR game as the setting and models, allow us to help you tell your story in a great way.

Sincerely,
      Recruit Chadeaux Wölfe
      Alpha Company
      Force Recon

Comment

Though it is worth noting that I greatly enjoyed the spontaneous PvP that resulted after the event. I think I even have a new admirer. That mouthy Bounty Hunter sure had a lot to say to me after I harpooned him into our ranks a few times so we could focus him down. Seemed obsessed with my lekku.

Comment

I'm sorry I missed this

Comment

Working...
          X