X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (07|21|12) [AAR: Event: Prisoner Extraction]

Planet: Belsavis

Formation Size: 14

Troops in Formation: Lieutenant Ricky, Sgt Maj Rux, Sergeant Ch'krosa, Sergeant Zooey, Sergeant K'rell, Corporal Hamakri, Corporal Ranque, Corporal Waters, Trooper Bough, Trooper Thesos, Scout Corth, Scout Nysro, Jedi Arkhas, Jedi Naya

Areas Patrolled: Minimum Security Sector

Enemy Encountered: Nightmare Squadron and Order of the Sith Lords

Friendly/Neutral Encountered: <The Betrayed> 3 prisoners and 1 point of contact.

Positive Points: Our force initated an unplanned and unexpected call to arms and rallied within 15 minutes. In this case, <The Betrayed> setup a scenario and without any prior notification to us, relayed a request to free several "prisoners" from an Imperial Garrison. Our force mustered, stormed the Imperial base killing multiple waves of lvl 50 elite defenses, breached deep into the garrison to retrieve the "prisoners" while simultaneously defending our sole escape route from arriving Imperials. We went in, got the prize, and got out with minor casualties, and everyone walked out of there on their own two feet. Well done.

Negative Points: Some troopers decided to ignore the Call to Arms and did not even respond to tells asking why they weren't coming. This is a big no no. I understand if you're in the middle of a flashpoint, or trying to level to 50. We all have those days when we just don't have it in us at the moment. No sweat, you can catch the next one, but you must at least answer when a commander asks about your status. You're not AFK if you're in a flashpoint, I don't buy that. You just don't want to pick up the phone. Those who did this will be disciplined accordingly.

I'd like to echo the negative point. Flashpoint, warzone or otherwise, I know the text is not flying by so fast that you can't see any tells in your box. Further, if you have your sound on, there's a distinct chat sound that goes off whenever your name is mentioned or if somebody's whispering you.

Not replying is not only disrespectful and rude, but it also shows everyone else that you can't be reliable. This happened at the PvP event as well, which I'm sure whoever's writing up that AAR will note as well (in that case, it was Alrek. Of all people, he's not the one you want to ignore)

Reread your training manual, folks. It's in there.

-----

In other news, I thought this was a lot of fun, despite some of us having a hard time staying awake. Very spontaneous world RP, as well as an interesting scenario. I'd like to add that Ricky did a great job calling out what needs to be done and who's supposed to be doing what, even as things escalated. I hope more guilds set these sorts of events up more often, and then tell us that we're needed.

Comment

Working...
    X