X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (07|21|12) [AAR: Event: Battle for Ilum]

Planet: Ilum Then a small platoon moved to Corellia Black Hole

Formation Size: Full Platoon

Troops in Formation: Major Alrek, Sergeant-Major Rux, Lieutenant Ricky, Master Jedi Naya, Sergeant Ch'krosa, Sergeant Kontraz/Kontrax, Sergeant K'rell, Corporal Waters, Corporal Ranque, Corporal Jaxin, Corporal Hamakri, Terios, Thesos, Corth, Halligan, Taszi, Xathras, Hugeck, Bough, Jarid'gax, Marcelus, Skrend, Gharen, Æris

Areas Patrolled: Illum PVP area, Black Hole Daily Area

Enemy Encountered: Had a bit of a battle between Dark Empire 12-15 or so. Then Order of the Sith Lords, etc.

Friendly/Neutral Encountered: RoH showed up, KoS, along with a few other guilds, Furious Angels, etc.

Positive Points: Once we finally got organized, we held the planet and did a good job. The key point here is, FINALL GOT ORGANIZED. This is the last time I will be posting this in an AAR. Either we get our shit together, NCO's, or I will just have to lead everyone until we do. Scouts did an outstanding job covering the field and interacting with our Allies.

We did a nice tactical ambush where everyone did well to hold fire until order was given.

We practiced the hold fire command and did it well.

We had some nice RP with a BH out on Ilum, who then showed up at the Black Hole along with a few Seretek Industry people, who also had an extensive RP encounter. Which I think everyone enjoyed, but people were getting bored. If you don't want to be involved with the RP next time, feel free to take off, just make sure I know first.

Negative Points: People can't read maps properly, people can't use maps to scroll onto people in the raid to locate us, people were not following direct orders quickly enough. Any problems, faults are on the leaders shoulders, I tried to take over once I realized our NCO's were not paying attention or were getting overwhelmed by the organization, either way, I should have made it more clear that once I say to follow me or on RUX, you stop following everyone else.

I'm going to have to just rely on myself for now, until I get the NCO's up to date on world PVP, how to do it and what they need to do in situations like that. We had the entire group that wiped us pushed into a choked bottle neck entering the central point, we could have easily, EASILY, put up a massive ambush attack that would have allowed us to kill them. In turn, this would have kept them fighting because they would have realized we were a force to be reckoned with, instead they left and never came back.

I'll be sure to hurry and finish the World PVP guide for you guys, and also start doing some NCO training exercises to make sure you guys can think and react as quickly as you need to when in a world PVP situation like we did this week.

It was our first time trying to promote this outside of just, going and doing it. It worked out well and I want to thank Thesos for doing a good job on the forums. We will continue to do this at least once a week and hopefully turn it into a regular thing.

All in all, we had fun, we did a good job and we learned a lot. Which is the key take away from this experience. All of these encounters will be a learning experience, all we can do is grow from them and have fun doing so.

Lastly, please try to let the commanding officers know that you do not want to participate in events. The weekly PVP event will be a mandatory event for anyone online. You joined the guild, you know what we're about and you know our focus. It's world PVP. If you're not interested in this type of event, or coming online for them, I really have no idea why you'd want to stay fighting along side us.
    Last edited by ; 07-23-2012, 06:11 AM.

Just a side note - there was a bit of confusion regarding when we shifted from RP to straight PvP. At one point during the attack, Jaxin's team was engaging and we were still in "RP mode" more or less, and weren't available for immediate backup. By the time we arrived, his team had wiped and we didn't last long either due to the enemy's numbers

Comment

Once we get a handle on which guilds are there for RP and which ones are there to PVP, we'll be sure to keep this in mind. Clearly Dark Empire was not there for RP, but the other guild was a little bit.

Comment

haha, of course not, but they are still crying because we didn't immediately acknowledge one of their members running into open fire and saying "parley"

Comment

We really need to go over Trooper Spec - their roles - and their positions when we are grouped in PVP

We still have Commandos who have a hard time realizing that they DO NOT belong at the front of the line.

If you wanna be at the front of the line, re-roll a GD Vanguard and grind up to 50 again or piss off. Plain and simple.

I have to say it was fun being back on Illum again though.

Cheers,

Comment

K'rell, if you meant me, I was jumping up with the vanguards every 30 seconds or so to drop a stealth scan in front when I was mid-placed. But I would always drop back after popping the scan.

Comment

((Yea I may have done so myself but alway got back in the support row. So use to playing my Vanguard (ie. Dad to character) LOl who is 50 sometimes I wounder why I just didnt bring him over LOL ))
              Last edited by ; 07-23-2012, 01:01 PM.

Comment

Woops

Thanks for the reminder Ellos - continued this elsewhere

Cheers,
                Last edited by ; 07-23-2012, 02:49 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X