X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (08|15|12) [AAR: Combat Patrol: Black Hole]

Division of the Republic Army
    After Action Report

__________________________________________________ __________________________

Unit Information
    Unit: 203rd REL "Alpha Company"
    C.O.: Major Alrek Torik

__________________________________________________ __________________________

Deployment Report

Planet: Corellia
    Formation Size: 7

Troops in Formation:
    Lieutenant Savene
    Sergeant Major Rux
    Sergeant kjvajo
    Corporal Æris
    Private Avittus
    Private Caralyn
    Private Trakeye

Areas Patrolled: Black Hole
    Initial Contact: 11 P.M. EST

__________________________________________________ ____________________________

Contact Report
    Enemy Encountered:
    Horehey<Reign>
    Friendly/Neutral Encountered:

__________________________________________________ ___________________________

Post Operation Assessment

Positive Points:

(1)Once the call to arms was given by the Sergeant Major, response time was notably quick.
    (2)The area in question was swept efficiently and enemy contact was neutralized in short order.
    (3) Contact was made with an enemy marksman wearing the colours of <Reign>. When cornered, he willingly submitted to questioning and openly admitted to targeting Alpha Company trooper: Private Caralyn in retaliation to an earlier encounter between Alpha Company and his employers <Reign>**. He also admitted to picking his target with the anticipation of drawing out a response from the company.
    (4) Information was passed along concerning the upcoming World Event on Tatooine (08/25/2012- further details to be posted by Sergeant Major Rux)and the marksman in question proffered his enthusiasm and promised to help spread the word through the Imperial ranks.

**Additional contact report: Earlier in the evening on the date in question (8/15/2012), a scouting party on Tatooine responded to a civilian call for aid. The scouting party consist of: Sergeant Major Rux, Sergeant Ellos, and Corporal Æris. A single Sith threat, wearing the colours of <Reign>, was tracked and eliminated with extreme prejudice.

Negative Points:

(1)It took three (3) unanswered calls for aid in the company channel by private Caralyn before Sergeant Major Rux stepped in to mobilize a response.
    (2)The mobilization had to be made without eyes on the enemy before inbound troops touched down as no scouts responded to the call.

__________________________________________________ ____________________________

Report Filed by: Corporal Æris Morkai, Alpha Company, 203rd REL
    Last edited by ; 08-16-2012, 08:33 AM.

(1)It took three (3) unanswered calls for aid in the company channel by private Caralyn before Sergeant Major Rux stepped in to mobilize a response.
    Not entirely accurate there Corporal. After the second call went out there was mumble confirmation and some of us were already en route before the CTA was posted.

I myself posted in gchat to confirm via text that help was coming. Not 30seconds after the CTA came over gchat.

Comment

Originally posted by Savene View Post
      Not entirely accurate there Corporal. After the second call went out there was mumble confirmation and some of us were already en route before the CTA was posted.

I myself posted in gchat to confirm via text that help was coming. Not 30seconds after the CTA came over gchat.
      Yeah, we were in another channel... Just seemed curious the call/chatter was still going on in Gchat from Caralyn if it was being discussed in mumble....

My suggestion would be to follow up in Gchat for everyone not in the same channel next time. Then the CTA mix up wouldn't have happened.
      Last edited by ; 08-16-2012, 08:43 AM.

Comment

My mistake and apologies, Lieutenant. I was relaying the information per personal experience and was unaware that a response had already been relayed in mumble as I was still in closed verbal squad comms from the scouting mission on Tatooine.

I recognize my failings and seek to correct them.

I agree with the Sergeant Major's suggestion of a follow-up call in the company main channel (Gchat) to alleviate future misunderstandings and comms black-outs.

Comment

I concur with that statement about following up in gchat as soon as possible.

Other than that, the report looked good. Keep up the good work.

Comment

Also, to be fair to everyone I didn't call out for help until later - the first few mentions were just to let people know what was happening, in case anyone was in the area.

Comment

Working...
            X