No announcement yet.

26 January, 2014 AAR: Basic Training/Special Operations Induction - Tatooine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Training 26 January, 2014 AAR: Basic Training/Special Operations Induction - Tatooine

Tatooine - [AAR: Basic Training/Special Operations Induction: Ord Mantell] 26 January, 2014
    Division of the Republic
    Army After Action Report

---------------------------------------------------------------------
    Unit InformationUnit:
    203rd REL "Alpha Company"
    C.O.: Major Qorbin Oca

Deployment ReportPlanet: Tatooine

Formation Size: 17
    Troops in Formation:
    Major Qorbin
    Cat. Viozaer
    Lt. Neves
    Sgt. Mij
    Sgt. Ysmir (Artemissia)
    Sgt.. Haddrik
    Cpl. Junlar
    Cpl. Jettster
    Spc. Avak
    Spc. Viike
    Spc. Jormwald
    Spc. Curran
    Spc. Ryrion
    Spc. Vejovis
    Spc. Zidd
    Spc. Drexxen
    Trooper Jukota

Areas Patrolled: Formation at Achorhead Spaceport, Espelar Settlemt, Outpost Salara and surrounding area, Outpost Thorizan, and the Dune Sea

Initial Contact: 2100 Hours Eastern Time

Contact Report:

Enemy Encountered: House Kilin'dar (OP For)

Friendly/Neutral Encountered: N/A

Contact Summary: At 2100 hours server time Alpha Company assembled for formation to begin Basic Training SOI. During first formation A co discussed possible contact scenarios, how to engage contacts, and how to conduct oneself as a member of Alpha, i.e. customs and courtesies, code of conduct, tactics and other areas of the manual. A co was then split into squads and rallied at the Espelar Settlement. Once A co arrived we discussed open world PVP tactics and tips were given on how best to play your class. We then proceeded to Outpost Salara where we engaged in a patrol, when A co came into contact with a group of geologists from House Kilin'dar. Second Squad, with First squad set-up as fire support, then proceeded to engage the Geologists and acquire their intent and purpose in Republic Space. After a peaceful resolution of the situation and confirmation that House Kilin'dar was granted access to study the area, A co then moved back to Outpost Salara for a quick debrief and re-grouping of squads. A co squads then traveled to Outpost Thorizan to police the Dune Sea. While patrolling A co received a report from Shadow Squad that Pirates were in the area, illegally salvaging Jawa wreckage. A co then proceeded to the coordinates given and confronted the Pirates in an attempt to peacefully stop their salvage operation. When peaceful terms could not be met, House Kilin'dar pirates attacked and A co was then forced to return fire. After the confrontation ended, A co reformed and then moved out. While traveling back to Anchorhead A co then engaged and destroyed Trapjaw, a ruthless beast of the Dune Sea. After the beast was defeated Formation was called at Anchorhead, where A co then began a full debrief and promotions of soldiers.

Positive Points:
    • Contact with the geologist went very well and ended peacefully without un-necessary bloodshed and loss of innocent life.
    Excellent Turnout, everyone was tentative, and engaged and overall enthusiastic about the SOI course.

Negative Points:
    • Second engagement resulted in total squad wipe without proper pre planning and rushing into the confrontation with House Kilin'dar Pirates.
    • Excessive talking and lack of squad cohesion left our flanks open, and the unit set up to fail before the engagement began.

Overall Assessment and Recommendation:
    Was an excellent training exercise for learning. Found strong points in certain situations and weakness in others. communication is key and some times it was excellent and others it was blasted with excessive chatter.
    Overall recommendation A co needs to run open world patrolling practice and in house RP practice. Set up target points to patrol to, while reacting to theoretical contacts. Create chaotic environments and show new leadership how to handle chaotic chat, and belligerent enemy contacts.

If anything is incorrect please let me know as soon as possible and I will correct as needed.

Thank you,
    Cpl. Jettster
    Last edited by Jettster; 02-01-2014, 12:36 PM.
    Every day you sleep, your enemy grows stronger.

I played the asshole and you all fell for it. CHECK DOWN! Pick your target and don't assume.

/rant off

Good job Ladies.

"This was an action of the utmost gallantry by a commanding officer whose dashing leadership and courage throughout the battle were an inspiration to all about him." - Victoria Cross Statement about Colonel H Jones.

Comment

Nice write up again. It was a great event in my opinion (not biased lol)

"Shit just got real. Alpha Company's here." - Kerrilar

Comment

I think what you did was good for training Cpt. it showed we have things to work on and we need that. When you start to think your invincible that's when you become the most vulnerable. And I agree Lt. was a great event and I enjoyed myself and look forward to more events.
        Every day you sleep, your enemy grows stronger.

Comment

Apparently everyone thinks I'm a Corporal again. :P

Comment

Working...
          X