Trp. Caralyn, Trakeye,
    Spc. Chadeux

Areas Patrolled: Eternity Vault
    Initial Contact: 20:30 EST

Contact Report
    Enemy Encountered: SOA and his minions.

Friendly/Neutral Encountered: None

Contact Summary:
    We entered EV in Story Mode first to familiarize the few people who didn't know the fights, then we proceeded to HM EV and got all in one attempt at SOA before we had to call time.

Post Operation Assessment
    Positive Points:
    Point 1. The new double operation proved a success and will be continued in the future.

Negative Points:
    Point 1. Several delays which could have been avoided made completion impossible. We were called to a CTA that proved to be complete overkill, we had people looking at gear in the 10 min break for long over the time allotted and someone decided to leave right at the end of the break to buy a drink both of which made our 10 min break into a 25 min break.
    Point 2. There is a time and place for fooling around in mumble. It keeps morale up and makes the raids fun but doing so during Boss explanations or loot makes the raid go slower for everyone.

Recommendations:
    Overall Assessment and Recommendation; The raid would have been completed if not for all the delays. Eventually I want to make the second run NM instead of HM so we can get titles. Practice efficiency in HM and meeting the timer in NM will be easier.

Report Filed by: Cpl. Kjvago Mahr, Squad 2-1, Alpha Company, 203rd REL

Also, Rux is a dickhead

Comment

I think us leaving the raid and crushing the campers in the star port was a good thing.

Here's why:

First, we went in, wiped them and left. By doing this, it showed we know when we are outnumbering an assault, it showed we have discipline to pull people out and make the fight even, and it also showed that we will reply in force if we have to.

Second, there was no one online on my friends list. I looked at most of our allied guilds and they had maybe 3-5 people on each, and I can't expect anyone to answer a call as fast as we can, ever. If there was a group from remnants or knights coming, I would have agreed to stay inside the raid.

Thirdly, our main response was from our Ghost Squad, which is a covert ops group of stealthers that could whittle them down one at a time, two, three at a time, however, the few Troopers who followed were SOL when they would just get rolled over because they couldn't escape.

After we responded a few more bodies logged in and were willing to help on Alderaan, which made it seem like the first assault was overkill or unnecessary, but it wasn't until those Troopers logged in that the force was of equal value on each side on the planet. Their numbers were roughly 12, from what I gathered and us meeting with Ghost Squad would put our numbers around 10-12 as well. They were just unorganized and not prepared for us to roll over them.

Next time though, the commanding officer of the assault should be the one to make the call, that would be my suggestion going forward. I know that getting killed can be frustrating, but rez up, get organized and hit them good and wipe after giving 100% before calling for reinforcements.

As for the raid, way too long of a break time. If people are not prepared or can't get back on time, it ruins the experience for many with you.

We did a great job once everyone got on their game, the fights were good, getting organized was fast and efficient and KJ did a great job.

A lot of people got some gear and items, many had fun and we all had some laughs and giggles together, which is a good thing to do when you're always serious about destroying IMPERIALS!

All in all, I think this was a success, hopefully the Imperials don't get used to calling us out on Monday nights!

The Story/HM idea is a great one, and we should definitely keep to this type of format.

Good work guys.

Comment

I really enjoyed this - it was a super positive introduction to SWTOR Operations for me. I know I said it twice last night, but thanks for running this Kjvago. Despite the delays, once we were moving we stayed focused and got the job done.

Comment

I liked it....

I like it alot........

Thanks a bunch KJ for running this.

Cheers,

Comment

Working...
          X