Cpl. Riike
    Cpl. Vejovis
    Cpl. Zidd
    Spc. Corth
    Spc. Jromwald
    Spc. Kateri
    Spc. Maslio
    Trp. Ryrion

Areas Patrolled: Outlaws Den, Outpost Zaroshe, Dune Sea, Outpost Thorazan.

Initial Contact: 20:00hrs. EDT

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Contact Report

Enemy Encountered: Initial contact estimated at 40-50 Imperials. Later engagements after the main event put their numbers between 22-26. <Dark Brethren>, <Sith'ari Templars>, <True Empire>, <Legion of Liath>, <Dark Side>, <Dark Reveries Legion>, <Shadow Council of the Sith>.

Friendly/Neutral Encountered: Around 50-60 friendlies - <Knights of Sokan>, <Coruscant Guard>, <Remnants of Hope>, <The Guardians>, <Knights of Atonement> <Systems Commonwealth>

Contact Summary: At 20:00hrs EDT. Alpha Company deployed a squad sized force to the surface of Tatooine. Republic forces in the area detected an enormous Imperial presence whilst on a very high risk mission, and requested our assistance. Alpha Company then linked up with a squad sized force from <Remnants of Hope> at Outpost Thorazan and awaited orders while the main Republic task force gathered its strength at Outpost Salara. Minutes later, the main Republic task force made movement into Outlaw's Den. Contact reports spewed over Republic comms as a large Imperial force engaged the main Republic task force. Alpha Company and <Remnants of Hope> then moved to flank the enemy from the south by making use of a tunnel just outside the southern Outlaw's Den entrance. Using Ghost Squad to screen our advance, we charged the Imperial lines and broke them within a few short minutes. After clearing Outlaw's Den of all Imperial contacts, Alpha Company and the Republic force assaulted Outpost Zaroshe from the east in order to ensure the Imperial interference in the mission was utterly crippled. Alpha Company took up an over watch position on the eastern perimeter of the outpost and set up a cordon as the main force pushed on. Once Outpost Zaroshe was left in ruin, the main Republic force moved to Quesh and then Illum to pursue its mission. Alpha Company decided to stay planet side on Tatooine, and ensure the safety of the locals from the retribution of the soundly defeated Empire.

After engaging a sizable Imperial garrison still at Zaroshe, Alpha Company broke off and peeled back to a more easily defendable position. After repelling the Imperial assault, Alpha Company got further reports of an attack on Outpost Thorazan (in instance two). The company then redeployed to engage and neutralize the new threat before declaring the planet safe once again. After pushing in a quickly eradicating all opposition (around eight-ten enemies) Alpha Company pushed out into the dune sea to reengage incoming reinforcements. After beating the Imperials to the hills outside of Outpost Zaroshe, a large wave of Imperials (at least twenty, largely composed of <Dark Brethren>) rushed us. Having to pull back, we regrouped and went on the defensive again, holding the line for nearly two hours against a force that fluctuated between twice to three times our numbers. A few times we were able to eliminate key cogs within their fighting machine, and push them back a few hundred meters, and even wipe their group out. But from the sheer numbers faced, any dent we put in them were quickly absorbed and recovered from. Through use of a variety of tactics, we were able to whittle away the enemies forces as they made an attempt to take the base. The assault lasted no more than sixty seconds, and we were able to throw them on the sand easily enough. After receiving another black eye, and being battered with no victory in sight, the Imperials made a last desperate attempt to dislodge the company from its entrenched position. Once again, the discipline and fighting strength of our troopers held firm. The Imperial force pulled out, and the stragglers soon followed. The company was the formed up and dismissed after nearly three hours of constant fighting around Tatooine.

Positive Points:
    • We crushed the Imperial forces who tried to impede on the Republic's mission.
    • Most if not all hostages were secured without trouble.
    • Strong fire discipline against the enemy and avoiding friendly fire during our flank in the den.
    • Calls for fire and various tactics were implemented well, allowing us to succeed in our mission. This also led to our outstanding defense of Thorazan against a force nearing three times our size in the aftermath of the event.
    • Corth provided high quality recon and intell for command use, even while being limited to only himself and while engaging the enemy from time to time. He saved us from more than one flank or reinforcing enemy that would have surely overwhelmed us if not for his reports.
    Negative Points:
    • Imperial forces were crushed without much resistance.
    • The sheer size of the remaining hostiles in the aftermath fighting made for very difficult fights, our tactics were well implemented but not very effective against such a sizeable force.
    • Working with so many guilds made communication of clear orders to the various task forces difficult. Welcome to the fog of war.
    Overall Assessment and Recommendation: This is surely a battle to go down in the history of Alpha Company! And all of those who participated should be proud of what we accomplished. Through the use of superior training, leadership, skills, tactics, discipline, and being all around bad-asses, we completed our mission. The defense of Thorazan against such an enemy was one of the finest orchestrated and manned defenses I have seen in some time. 1st Sgt. Ricky should be commended on this along with our troopers. I recommend we stay our present course and continue to train new and old troopers alike to the best of our abilities. This is what gives us the right to call ourselves the best trooper guild on the sever... and I even dare say in the game. Oorah!!! *salute*
    Report filed by Lt. Neves Eanur.

Please let me know if I missed you or if anything needs correcting.
    Last edited by Neves Eanur; 05-15-2014, 01:24 PM.

"Shit just got real. Alpha Company's here." - Kerrilar

Extremely well done AAR. Thank you for setting the example for the rest of us to follow, sir.

Ricky "the Rake" Rakehell
    Alpha Company, 203rd REL

"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all." -USMC General James Mattis, Iraq 2003.

Comment

Oorah! Nice work all

Comment

Leading by example is the only way to lead in my book. But thank you, I just realized I made a few errors (happens when you copy and paste). Should look a little better now. Hopefully we can get even more WPvP like this going on and even more of our troopers attending.

Comment

I'm going to give props again to Corth and his performance doing recon for us. His ability to provide those of us commanding the main battle line with an accurate operational picture of where the enemy was, how strong they were, and what they were planning is what allowed us to do the majority of our maneuvers and tactics which were so well praised by other Republic guilds. Intelligence drives operations, and this was no exception.

Ricky "the Rake" Rakehell
          Alpha Company, 203rd REL

"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all." -USMC General James Mattis, Iraq 2003.

Comment

Great job everyone. Really outstanding. This is also a fantastic write up Neves. And as you said, Ricky's leadership was effective and inspiring. All of the troopers did such a great job - from the experienced to the new.

The accolades feel good and I appreciate them. Though, I want all the new members to understand how important battlefield intel is and the role of Ghost squad. I provided good intel not because I'm some uberleet player but because this is how A Coy trained me. My job was no more important than you holding the line and firing your rifles. No matter how far away we are from you, even if it's just one of us like this time, we are simply an extension of you.

...But if you ever suggest a probe droid could do my job, I'll put a hot one into your dome.

Comment

Good job Ladies, just sorry I couldn't be there.

Neves - Gave the OP a name. Feel free to change it, but I thought it needed one.

"This was an action of the utmost gallantry by a commanding officer whose dashing leadership and courage throughout the battle were an inspiration to all about him." - Victoria Cross Statement about Colonel H Jones.

Comment

Originally posted by Corth View Post
                Great job everyone. Really outstanding. This is also a fantastic write up Neves. And as you said, Ricky's leadership was effective and inspiring. All of the troopers did such a great job - from the experienced to the new.

The accolades feel good and I appreciate them. Though, I want all the new members to understand how important battlefield intel is and the role of Ghost squad. I provided good intel not because I'm some uberleet player but because this is how A Coy trained me. My job was no more important than you holding the line and firing your rifles. No matter how far away we are from you, even if it's just one of us like this time, we are simply an extension of you.

...But if you ever suggest a probe droid could do my job, I'll put a hot one into your dome.
                I am sure the Imperials would love you replaced Corth But over my dead, decaying corpse.

"This was an action of the utmost gallantry by a commanding officer whose dashing leadership and courage throughout the battle were an inspiration to all about him." - Victoria Cross Statement about Colonel H Jones.

Comment

Sounds good to me Vio. I think you're right. Corth, I wouldn't downplay anybody's position or role in the company. From the major on down to the shiniest trooper, we all play a key part in succeeding at what we do. Simply put, we couldn't do what we did without your skills, the onslaught of firepower from our battle line, or Ricky's leadership.

Comment

Sounds like Alpha Company and Allies conducted a well orchestrated Operation.

This is a well written AAR Lieutenant Neves Eanur. It conveys a good overall picture of the events. Well done Alpha Company.

I'm sorry I was unable to participate in this Operation. Other duties kept me from being able to deploy the last few days (overtime at work).

To some the Hope of Peace is only a Dream...
                    To many others, the Dream of Peace is their only Hope

Comment

There's that pretentious British op naming habit again...

Allow me to even out the ego stroking though Corth, this was more a testament to the necessity of Ghost than you in particular. We would have done just as well with a Ghost so green he was pissing grass. :P

Honor your opponent, for without him you have no glory.

Comment

Working...
                      X