SPC. Jromwald
    SPC. Chiban
    TRP. Ryrion

Initial Start Time: 2010h Hours EST

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Event Report:

Enemy Encountered: None.

Friendly/Neutral Encountered:

Event Summary: Alpha Company personnel congregated and conducted a training session on combat mechanics and how they come into play in player versus player encounters. This course covered the fundamentals of Attack Types, Damage Types, Crowd Control Effects, The Resolve System, and Defense Mechanics. The initial course ran smoothly, with additional time being given afterwards to individual students who struggled in understanding the material. The event started ten minutes late due to unexpected patching and downloading by several participants. The students did an outstanding job receiving and understanding the course material and clearly demonstrated their comprehension of very tedious and detailed game mechanics. After the base material was covered, there was sufficient time to delve into itemization and gearing fundamentals. The topics of diminishing returns and Power vs. Aim were covered in depth. All students received credit for completion of the CAT-1 course, there were no course failures.

Positive Points:
    • The course met the scheduled time slot, and didn't run too long
    • Students willingly and effectively participated in the learning experience by providing answers and sharing their own knowledge
    • All students were able to grasp these very technical concepts without too much trouble
    Negative Points:
    • This course lacked any form of practical application exercise
    • Unforeseeable downloading/patching of the game slightly delayed the course's start time.
    • The section on itemization and gearing is too broad. There is still much development needed to assist new players in understanding what gear is right for them.
    Overall Assessment and Recommendation:
    The course was successfully completed according to the training plan and all topics were covered. This was the first time gearing and itemization was introduce as part of the CAT-1 curriculum, and it still requires further conceptual development. The basics of diminishing returns and Power vs. Aim were well covered, but the class still leaves students wondering what the correct amount of each attribute is correct for their character and role. This could possibly become and additional training course in order to allow for enough time for each student to understand exactly what they need to be successful at their chosen class and role.

Submitted by: 1SG Ricky Rakehell, Alpha Company 203rd REL

Ricky "the Rake" Rakehell
    Alpha Company, 203rd REL

"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all." -USMC General James Mattis, Iraq 2003.

Thanks for the class, Ricky. It was exceptional, as usual

Comment

Thanks Riike.

As promised, the visual aids and graphics used during the class are now available on these forums HERE.

You must have access to Alpha Company's member forums in order to view the repository. When this AAR is declassified, those without access are not authorized to view this material.

Ricky "the Rake" Rakehell
      Alpha Company, 203rd REL

"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all." -USMC General James Mattis, Iraq 2003.

Comment

Working...
      X