No announcement yet.

(05|11|14) [AAR: Combat Arms Training Level 2B: Sith Inquisitor/Jedi Consular]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Training (05|11|14) [AAR: Combat Arms Training Level 2B: Sith Inquisitor/Jedi Consular]

(05|11|14) [AAR: Combat Arms Training Level 2: Sith Inquisitor/Jedi Consular]
    Division of the Republic Army
    After Action Report

---------------------------------------------------------------------
    Unit Information
    Unit: 203rd REL "Alpha Company"
    C.O.: Major Qorbin Oca
    Deployment Report

Planet: Ilum
    Formation Size: 12
    Troops in Formation:
    1SG Ricky Rakehell
    SSG Thavious
    SGT Chadeaux
    CPL Riike
    CPL Vejovis
    CPL Zidd
    SPC Jromwald
    SPC Kateri
    TRP Lycryss
    TRP Krev
    TRP Rathuzud
    TRP Zahvier

Areas Patrolled: Gree Enclave

Initial Contact: 20:00hrs. EST

Event Report

Enemy Encountered: None

Friendly/Neutral Encountered:

Event Summary: Alpha Company forces conducted a Combat Arms Training Level 2 training session on the offensive styles and defensive cooldowns of the Sith Inquisitor/Jedi Consular class archetype. Both Sorcerer/Sage and Assassin/Shadow advanced classes were briefed and students learned how to identify which specialization (talent tree) their opponent was utilizing, the key strategy and rotation of each specialization, and how to identify and counter their defensive cooldowns. Live training aids were utilized to demonstrate the graphical effects associated with each ability to allow students to quickly identify these abilities in the field without needing to review tooltip descriptions. Students were also taught which abilities need to be interrupted and which abilities are a low priority to interrupt in order to set their opponent off balance and cripple the synergy of different talent builds. A brief combat mechanics review (CAT-1R) was given approximately one hour before the start of this course in order to give students new to the Combat Arms Training series a solid foundation of knowledge to build upon. All students who attended passed the final review and evaluation period. Class credit has been awarded to all attendees.

Positive Points:
    • Troopers showed good enthusiasm and participation throughout the duration of the event.
    • We were able to secure visual aids and demonstrators for every advanced class (Sorcerer, Sage, Assassin, and Shadow). Demonstrators did an effective job of clearly displaying character animations and spell cast effects for students to observe and recognize.
    • Although some students struggled with digesting the plethora of information, it was obvious that effort was being applied to the task. I didn't catch anyone ignoring the lecture. Those who failed periodic quizzes quickly corrected their mistakes during review periods.
    • Ilum is an ideal location, allowing all levels and factions to congregate in a relatively safe environment
    • The course stayed within the allotted time period and did not drag on too long.
    Negative Points:
    • The CAT-1R course was advertised late on the duty assignments forum, and many students for CAT-2B did not know of its earlier start time. This was frustrating for students that were arriving for CAT-2B, as they quickly realized they missed other training opportunities.
    • Crowd Control abilities were not adequately covered. Students were not given adequate instruction on the CC capabilities available to these classes.
    Overall Assessment and Recommendation: From an instructor perspective, I am satisfied with the course that was prepared and given to our members. I have identified some minor changes to the curriculum for future iterations of this course including more focus on teaching Crowd Control effects and better demonstrating the rotations and synergy of various Assassin/Shadow builds and specializations. The basic principles were successfully taught, but I feel as though the Assassin/Shadow portion needs more polishing. The CAT-1R portion needs to be posted at the same time as future CAT-2 series courses in order to ensure members are able to see it and plan their schedules accordingly.
    Last edited by Ricky; 05-12-2014, 04:15 PM.

Ricky "the Rake" Rakehell
    Alpha Company, 203rd REL

"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all." -USMC General James Mattis, Iraq 2003.

Please post your comments/ideas/criticisms in this thread. Your feedback will be used to improve future iterations of this training program.

If you attended the course but were not mentioned in the AAR, please speak up and I'll add you and assign you course credit.

Ricky "the Rake" Rakehell
    Alpha Company, 203rd REL

"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all." -USMC General James Mattis, Iraq 2003.

Comment

As always, it was exceptional. It was very informative, and well thought-out. For those who don't already--write notes. Just like your school days, taking notes during the class will help you learn the material better (and it makes being called out less painful ).
      Last edited by Riike; 05-12-2014, 01:21 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X