SPC. Kateri
    SPC. Jaig
    TRP. Mirshe

Initial Start Time: 2100h Hours EST

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Event Report:

Enemy Encountered: None.

Friendly/Neutral Encountered:

Event Summary: Alpha Company personnel congregated and conducted a training session on combat mechanics and how they come into play in player versus player encounters. This course covered the fundamentals of Attack Types, Damage Types, Crowd Control Effects, The Resolve System, and Defense Mechanics. The course proceeded very quickly due to only a few students online which required the training (others had already completed the course). The students did an outstanding job receiving and understanding the course material and clearly demonstrated their comprehension of very tedious and detailed game mechanics. Once the basic combat mechanics were discussed, the course provided an introduction to itemization and gearing statistics. The topics of diminishing returns and Power vs. Aim were covered in depth. All participating students have received credit for the CAT-1 course, there were no course failures.

Positive Points:
    • The course was finish very quickly, the students learned all concepts extremely quickly.
    • Several other online troopers had already received this training and did not attend. This is a positive note because it means this course is being offered frequently enough so that everyone is able to receive these crucial fundamentals. This course is not intended to be taken repeatedly.
    • The smaller class size increased the speed at which the course proceeded, allowing for some additional instruction on specializations and ability rotations for select students.
    Negative Points:
    • A weekday course generally provides a lower trooper turnout. Scheduling instructional periods on weekends will provide opportunities for more troopers to participate in training programs.
    Overall Assessment and Recommendation:
    The course was successfully completed according to the training plan and all topics were covered. As an instructor, I was very pleased at the speed at which we progressed and the types of questions being asked. I did not have tor repeat any topics, as the students grasped the game fundamentals very quickly. This is likely due to the smaller class size and the focused attention on each student. Additionally, because we moved so quickly and finished more quickly, students did not become bored and distracted. Overall, it was another successful iteration of our training program.

Submitted by: 1SG Ricky Rakehell, Alpha Company 203rd REL

Ricky "the Rake" Rakehell
    Alpha Company, 203rd REL

"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all." -USMC General James Mattis, Iraq 2003.
Working...
X