• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (10|19|12) [AAR: CTA: Tatooine]

AAR - CTA Tatooine (10/19/12)
    Division of the Republic Army
    After Action Report
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Unit Information

Unit:
    203rd REL "Alpha Company"
    C.O.: Major Qorbin Oca
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Deployment Report

Planet: Tatooine
    Formation Size: 9
    Troops in Formation:
    Cpt. Rakehell
    Sgt. Æris
    Vet. Jaxin
    Trp. Ireneus
    Trp. Lundy
    Trp. Trakeye
    Rcr. Normandio
    Rcr. Xenvega
    Jedi Ekoth

Areas Patrolled: Dune Sea/Outpost Thorazen

Contact Report

Enemy Encountered: <Imperial Guard>, <Pravus Axiom>, <Reign>, <Exo Imperium>

Friendly/Neutral Encountered: <Shadow Knights>, <Senate Guard>, <House Kil'ndar>, Scya

Contact Summary: Pravus Axiom attempted to put on a roleplay event which later devolved into a base defense scenario. We were heavily outnumbered in our defense of Outpost Thorazen. After diplomacy failed, our initial mortar volley and follow on assault obliterated the enemy despite their superior numbers. Upon returning for another attack, our force held them at the gates until attrition and carelessness weakened them and our surprise charge forced them to route back to Outpost Zaroshe. Seizing the advantage, Alpha Company forces pushed across the desert and assaulted Outpost Zaroshe, clearcutting through the defenders and exiting out the back of the outpost. At this time a large contingent of Imperial reinforcements arrived from behind and forced our retreat to Outpost Thorazen. Even more heavily outnumbered, Alpha Company forces held the line and inflicted heavy casualties upon the enemy until assaulting forces eventually withdrew. In summary, we defeated a superior force, ran through their base, and held our position against enemy onslaught. Well done.

Post Operation Assessment

Positive Points:
    • The enemy had us outnumbered, at times 2:1, yet we still prevailed due to superior maneuver and coordination.
    • All troopers listened and followed commands efficiently, and the effects were self-evident.
    • All troopers did good job of checking fire on non-combatants. We showed considerable restraint when dealing with third party observers.

Negative Points:
    • Occasional misfires during diplomacy and roleplay led to tense situations.
    • A lack of recon made leaving our encampment risky as we marched blindly across the desert (Our jedi worked to mitigate this later on).
    • Apparently this was part of a larger storyline which leadership was unprepared for. We showed up for a defense when it was intended to be a roleplay scenario.

Recommendations:
    Well fought, but we should have been better prepared for the roleplay aspect. This was a leadership failure more than anything else. Additionally, recon assets would have improved maneuver capabilities.

Report Filed by: Captain Ricky Rakehell, Executive Officer, Alpha Company, 203rd REL
    Last edited by ; 12-01-2012, 12:11 AM.

If you attended and were not mentioned, please post and I will update the AAR accordingly. I think I got everyone, but mistakes happen.

Comment

Sad I missed this. Glad you guys kicked ass though. What was the RP storyline?

Comment

Since I jump between my shadow and sentinel and try to keep them both geared enough for PvP, let me know if no scouts are on before events and I'll use my shadow for recon for future CTA/Patrols.

Comment

Working...
        X