• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (11|05|12) [AAR: Event: Hoth World PvP Server Event]

AAR - 05 NOV 2012 Hoth World PvP Server Event
    Unit: 203rd REL "Alpha Company"
    C.O.: Major Qorbin Oca
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Deployment Report

Planet: Hoth
    Formation Size: 23
    Troops in Formation:
    Maj. Qorbin Oca
    Cpt. Ricky Rakehell
    Lt. Ch'krosa Bizzi
    Lt. Viozaer Fobama (Ret.)
    Sgt. Kontraz
    Sgt. Æris
    Sgt. Kjvago
    Vet. Hamakri
    Vet. Tai
    Vet. Mitchal
    Trp. Trakeye
    Trp. Shovak
    Trp. Kiirc
    Trp. Jaxin
    Trp. Morales
    Trp. Mij
    Trp. Normandio
    Trp. Jarid'Gax
    Trp. Irenaeus
    Trp. Xenvega
    Trp. Neves
    Spc. Corth
    Spc. Chadeaux

Areas Patrolled: Starship Graveyard

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Contact Report

Enemy Encountered: <Imperial Guard> <No Mercy> <Order of the Red Hand> <Exo Imperium> <Jen'Jedai> <Esoteric Order> <Reign>

Friendly/Neutral Encountered: <Sky Wardens> <Remnants of Hope> <Pro>

Contact Summary: Imperial Forces began a massive offensive in the vicinity of grid 1690, -60. Alpha Company forces along with adjacent Republic defenders conducted a movement to contact and seized key terrain from approximately 20-30 Imperial defenders. After securing the high ground, the Empire counter-attacked with overwhelming numbers. Exact numbers are unclear, but estimations put their force around 60-70 strong, with NPC attachments (companions). Although inflicting heavy casualties on the advancing forces, Alpha Company units were forced to fall back to regroup and hold the Imperials in a stalemate lasting nearly an hour. As time and weariness began to erode the Imperial force, their size dropped to around 40-50, which could not hold the hill against our force of 30-35. After two successful fire missions obliterated a large portion of the Imperial defenders, Alpha Company again seized control of the hill. After stopping an Imperial counter-attack dead in its tracks, Alpha Company forces advanced to the Imperial staging area west of the engagement and blocked all reinforcements from assaulting the contested hill. Unable to return to the fight, remaining Imperial forces withdrew from the planet. Republic forces retained control of the hill uncontested by 2200h.

Post Operation Assessment

Positive Points:
    • Our coordinated AoE fires were devastating to the Imperial battle line.
    • All troopers listened and responded effectively.
    • Comms were kept clear and information was able to be relayed in a timely fashion.
    • Advanced patrol formations and discipline were displayed before a large audience, promoting the professionalism and unique qualities of our unit.

Negative Points:
    • The Imperial numbers advantage was significant, and we had a difficult time pushing them off the hill. There were always more coming, no matter how many we killed.
    • The sheer size of the engagement caused many troopers to have connection and visual rendering issues, taking them out of the fight.
    • As the fight raged on, the enemy attempted to mimic our AoE fires capability, with marginal but notable success.
    • At one point, improper positioning caused our force to be outflanked, allowing the enemy to inflict heavy casualties.

Overall Assessment/Recommendations:
    We were overwhelmed and outmatched numerically, however we still made the Imperials pay for every inch they took, and in the end we outlasted them. Victory will be argued for either side, but our performance throughout the fight was lethal and effective. We led the Republic into battle, and they followed our lead and example throughout the duration of the fight. Once again I believe we have earned the respect and envy of all other guilds on the server for our ability to "Fight As One!"

Well fought.

Report Filed by: Captain Ricky Rakehell, Executive Officer, Alpha Company, 203rd REL
    Last edited by ; 11-13-2012, 02:55 PM.

If you fought in this battle but were not mentioned in the AAR, please post here and I will update it accordingly.

Comment

I, unfortunately, was unable to attend but I'm listed. I am sad I missed this due to another idiot's blunder.

Comment

Sorry I had to leave early, but I'm happy to have been a part of this. It's great to learn that we were victorious in the end - I'm proud of all of you!

Comment

Kiirc was not listed on this AAR

Comment

Jaxin was not posted
            "We will not be pushed around by some pissants from the ass end of the galaxy!" Grand Moff Turn addresing the rebel raid on corusant (Star wars : Combine)

Comment

Incredible read guys, wish I could have been there.

I know there was a massive organised effort from Empire on this one, and supposedly companions should have been banned. The scale you guys were up against was nothing that new but very encouraging that this scale of event can still be organised. Well done though for those organising the event.
              Did anyone record the event, screenshots or video? I would like to see that hill being seized
              "Fear is a lie, Passion a lie.."

Comment

You forgot me

Comment

Fairbairn, the imps recorded and posted a video here: http://vimeo.com/52901396
                  I believe Ricky recorded as well.

Comment

I didn't get too much footage of the actual fighting sadly, I was too busy commanding the fight. I got some nice patrol and drill shots after the hostilities settled however, which will be going into a video whenever I manage to finish it. Hopefully soon!

All troopers left out of the AAR that posted in this thread should now find their names listed. Apologies for missing you in the original post! If there are any others, please speak up!

Comment

Working...
                    X