SPC. Kateri Andriss
    SPC. Savene Firesong
    TRP. Laterlus

Area Patrolled: Dune Sea
    Initial Start Time: 2020h Hours EST

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Event Report:

Enemy Encountered: 10-15 <Age of Chaos>

Friendly/Neutral Encountered: 5 <Marine Expeditionary Unit> <DAMAGE INC.> <Red Brigade>

Event Summary: Alpha Company forces were alerted to an Imperial presence outside of Outpost Thorazon in the Dune Sea and quick dispatched a squad sized element to break the Imperial blockade and clear the region of hostile contacts. Once deployed to the planet, Alpha Company forces watched as the reconnaissance element engaged the Imperial forces with other republic defenders and successfully cleared the blockade before the main Alpha Company battle line was formed and ready. With the blockade removed, Alpha Company forces proceeded across the desert to Outpost Zaroshe and launched a reatliatory strike against the Imperial position. After establishing our own blockade, we began wittling away at the Imperial sentries and automated defenses until they too were cleared. Alpha Company forces took up position inside the Imperial outpost and held it for about 15 minutes. With Imperial military operations effectively halted and supressed, Alpha Company forces successfully exfiltrated from their position in Imperial territory and signaled the Repulse for retrieval.

Positive Points:
    • Our reconnaissance personal cleared the enemy line without the need for heavily armored troopers.
    • Our forces successfully downed multiple waves of elite NPC defenders as we breached Outpost Zaroshe.
    • The Imperial offensive was obliterated in short order.
    Negative Points:
    • Although the Imperial force had superior numbers initially, they lacked training and equipment which led to a landslide victory for the Republic.
    • Imperial forces provided no real challenge for our battle-hardened veterans, and left the area rather quickly once we arrived.
    • The lack of a dedicated max-level tank for holding and mitigating the damage of NPC defenders made the battle more difficult on our support troopers.
    Overall Assessment and Recommendation:
    This CTA showed promise of providing a real opportunity for WPvP but ended much quicker than anticipated. The Imperial forces had numbers, but lacked everything else. I am pleased with our ability to suppress the enemy while simultaneously clearing multiple waves of NPC sentries. In the future we will need to ensure we have a shield specialized vanguard on hand before we conduct breaching operations, as the lack of damage mitigation resulted in excessive stress on our supporting commandos.

Submitted by: 1SG Ricky Rakehell, Alpha Company 203rd REL
    Last edited by Ricky; 07-30-2014, 02:33 AM.

Ricky "the Rake" Rakehell
    Alpha Company, 203rd REL

"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all." -USMC General James Mattis, Iraq 2003.
Working...
X