1LT. Neves
    1SG. Ricky
    SSG. Thavious
    SGT. Zidd
    CPL. Riike
    SPC. Kateri
    TPR. Burt'er
    TPR. Csapla'rine'lan

Areas Patrolled: Alderaan - Alsakan Lowlands, King's Pass.

Initial Contact: 2100 hrs. EDT

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Contact Report

Enemy Encountered: <The True Empire>, <Birthright of Korriban>, <Sons of Korriban>, <Clan Vevut>, <Clan Thetes>,total hostiles numbered at 5 upon initial contact with forward fireteam, their numbers quickly grew to at least 20 towards the end of the engagement.
    Friendly/Neutral Encountered: <Knights of Sokan> 5-8. Malcon <Red Brigade>.

Contact Summary: At 2100 hrs. EDT, during SOI 1 Alpha Company command was contacted with unreliable reports of Mandalorian contacts assaulting the spaceport outside of House Organa on Alderaan. 1LT. Neves detached from the training group to assess the situation. Seeing only minor contacts, 1LT. Neves determined the security forces bolstered by a few Jedi from <Knights of Sokan> had the situation well under control and required no additional support. 1LT. Neves returned to Ord Mantell to continue overseeing the training of Alpha Company's newest batch of recruits. Shortly after his return, more reports came over the comms of increased Imperial activity at a Republic outpost not far from House Organa where the first fighting ensued. 1SG. Ranque was left to continue training the troopers while MAJ. Qorbin, CPT. Viozaer, 1LT. Neves, and 1SG. Ricky geared up and deployed to Alderaan to provide assistance until the other troopers' training session was complete. The fire team moved to Wardpost Duvaal and engaged and cleared 5 Imperial contacts. The fireteam then continued to pursue the routing force across the Alsakan Lowlands area, boxing them in and neutralizing the threat. Assuming the Imperial force disbanded, the fireteam returned to Ord Mantell to wrap up training.

Shortly after returning, reports came in of a massive Imperial force laying siege to Wardpost Duvaal. Again the fireteam deployed to Alderaan and awaited the arrival of the rest of the company who were just finishing their training session. Taking a squad sized force, 1LT. Neves moved the force to Wardpost Duvaal. On scene, the wardpost was under heavy attack by Imperial forces. With a rough start, the troopers were able to make effective use of cover to avoid most the enemy fire while using superior accuracy and calls for fire to whittle away the enemy force. Seeing a momentary hesitancy in the enemy force, 1LT. made a risky call to push while momentum was in their favor. This resulted in close quarters combat with a few casualties on our part, however the enemy force was crushed and the troopers set about to picking off stragglers in the area. A recon element was deployed to get eyes on the regrouping enemy. Pushing past the creek to the east of the wardpost, Alpha Company engaged the enemy, but was eventually pushed back by the larger force. Regrouping at Wardpost Duvaal, 1LT. Neves took Alpha Company to the west of the wardpost and pulled a wide swinging flanking maneuver following the base of the mountains to the north. Relying on Malcon's intell, Alpha Company pushed south from their assault position and delivered a devastating call for fire on the Imperials' position thanks to proper execution of combined arms tactics. Following the initial aftermath of the incoming mortar strike, Alpha Company used their momentum to overwhelm and crush the Imperials.

From here, Alpha Company engaged in a few more skirmishes with Imperial forces throughout the Alsakan Lowlands with wins going back and forth. Finally gaining an upper hand, Alpha Company was able to push the Imperials across the larger river and contain them in the Imperial territory of the King's Pass. The remaining firefights managed to contain the Imperial force within their territory for the remainder of the engagement. After loosing eyes on the main enemy force, and seeing only 5 remaining hostiles in the area, 1LT. Neves assumed the 5 were there as bait. Taking the spirit of Alpha Company to heart, the squad of troopers pursued the 5 enemies further into the King's pass to spring the trap. Downing two of the contacts, Alpha Company pursued and was then flanked from two sides by the ambushing enemy force. 1SG. Ricky identified the weaker of the two enemy pincers and Alpha Company pushed through and forced the enemy right flank to collapse. With a team of troopers tying down the enemy's left flank, Alpha Company's right flank continued to swing around and surround the enemy force after crushing its right flank. This resulted in all contacts being cleared again. Alpha Company then pulled back to a more defendable position as <Knights of Sokan> forces continued to cordon off the enemy outpost just above. Seeing the Jedi were beginning to be overrun, Alpha Company pushed into the fray to pull out their allies. The enemy force however was easily twice the size of ours... combined with short resupply lines just outside their base, and our extended distance to our own lines after pushing into enemy territory, our forces were forced back while sustaining heavy casualties.

At this time, 1LT. Neves determined the original mission a success and made a decision to pull back to Wardpost Duvaal. The company was then formed for debriefing and dismissed.

Positive Points:
    • We were able to make use of various tactics thanks to the ever changing terrain, resulting in high casualties inflicted upon the enemy.
    • Determined enemy forces remained in the area, resulting in battles going both ways across the Alsakan Lowlands and King's Pass. This was excellent WPvP.
    • We worked well with <Knights of Sokan> opening the door for possible support on both sides for future engagements.
    • We were able to complete our original mission and clear Republic territory of enemy forces, while containing them in their own.
    Negative Points:
    • Rough engagements at the start, poor command control allowed our troopers to get sloppy.
    • The larger enemy force was able to wipe us more than once, and in some cases this could have been avoided.
    • Some troopers were not engaging the proper targets, which dulled our blade in the enemy's ribs.
    • Limited recon assets made locating, assessing, and engaging the enemy difficult.
    Overall Assessment and Recommendation: This was a great fight, starting at a small 4-8 vs 5-6 and escalating to a 15 vs 20ish battle by the end of the night. I admit, I made some mistakes that are not in my norm as a commander. I attribute this to my being away for some time from large and difficult battles such as this as a leader. Simply, I got rusty... so apologies on my mistakes. In addition, there were some issues with focus fire and responding to orders during the first hour of fighting, this was corrected which gave us that much more effective DPS. Due to us only having 1 scout, it was difficult to maintain eyes on the larger and rapidly moving enemy force. This resulted in my not knowing of the enemies' true size or location in their territory. If I had known we faced ~20+ outside their outpost, I would not have lingered after we counterattacked their ambush. Regardless, we performed quite well with all things considered. We executed some different tactics, and fought in locations we seldom see action at. Overall I'd chalk this up as a draw, leaning more towards the Imperials due to the ending engagement. We were successful in clearing the enemy from Republic territory and bottling them up in the King's Pass.

I recommend that we begin to scout out more planets' areas where we may fight in the future. With the launch of conquests, we will be in unfamiliar territory and this will give us an advantage if properly scouted prior to invading. In addition, we have seen Sokan's ability to cooperate with us and coordinate attacks. I can see them and some other Republic guilds lending us aid in the future, and the same goes for us to aid them. On top of all of this is my usual "keep training, the work you put in today pays off tomorrow" yadda yadda. You all know what I and the rest of the command staff expect of you. Get it done.

Most importantly, I feel we all had a really fun time last night. In the end, this is all about having fun and I enjoyed the fights going back and forth. Well done all of you for your hard work!

Report filed by Lt. Neves Eanur.

Please let me know if I missed you or if anything needs correcting.
    Last edited by Neves Eanur; 08-14-2014, 08:10 AM.

"Shit just got real. Alpha Company's here." - Kerrilar
Working...
X