Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (03|10|12) [AAR: Event: Battle of Alderaan]

Planet: Alderaan
    Formation Size: Troops in Formation: 1st Platoon w/ HQ: Alrek, Qorbin, Viozaer, Edon, Kontraz, Som, Oza'kai, Kjvago, Rux, Tydeaus, K'rell, Rokas, Kells, Vargon, Xygna, Ranque, Stiggz, Amigan, Rynik, Savene
    Areas Patrolled: Planet wide sweep
    Enemy Encountered: Initial Contact: 6 Battlemasters Final Contact: 15-20 Battlemasters
    Friendly/Neutral Encountered: Limited assistance

While conducting field operations and land navigation training on Alderaan, 3 fire teams were dispatched to complete various assignments. The Officers and Sergeant Blacksun oversaw the operations from the command post. Force Recon member Rynik was dispatched to an over watch position just outside the Imperial landing area. The Empire conducted a probing raid on the command post, the initial raid was repelled. The Empire then regrouped and conducted a flanking attack, pushing into the base. Alpha Company recalled their forces and again repelled the assault force. Alpha Company then made a strategic withdraw to a more defensible position. During the withdraw Alpha Company was constantly harassed by the enemy, but took no casualties. Upon arrival to the outpost, Alpha Company fortified their positions and dug in for the oncoming assault. Alpha Company held their ground and repelled the Empire for over an hour, before calling for a Exfil to friendly controlled territory.

Positive Points: There were a few people that were leading fire-team that really caught the eyes of the command staff, more information on that will follow in the next few days. Everyone did a great job we held of 15 -20 Sith in PvP gear for over an hour. We only had six 50's on that patrol the rest were lower levels, most around the 35-40 range.
    Negative Points: Need to work on our fighting withdraws. There were a few time when a withdraw was called for and people were still off chasing enemies. Too many people calling for their squads to put down mortar volleys, Only the officers should call for them, so that we can insure we can put down maximum firepower.

(AAR = After Action Report)

Medals Awarded:

Legion of Combat (loc)

1st Award
    Alrek
    Som
    Oza'kai
    Kjvago
    Rux
    Tydeus
    K'rell
    Rokas
    Vargon
    Xygna
    Stiggz
    Amigan
    Rynik
    Savene
    Convoy

2nd Award

Qorbin
    Viozaer
    Edon
    Kontraz
    Ranque
    Kells

Alderaan Campaign Ribbon

Alrek
    Qorbin
    Viozaer
    Edon
    Kontraz
    Som
    Oza'kai
    Kjvago
    Rux
    Tydeus
    K'rell
    Rokas
    Kells
    Vargon
    Xygna
    Ranque
    Stiggz
    Amigan
    Rynik
    Savene
    Convoy

Commendation of Training (CoT)
    Amigan
    Cohort
    Oza'kai
    Federal
    Rux
    Rokas
    K'rell

Commendation of External Support (CoES)

Rux: For his work on the new Alpha Company Logo as well as helping to design a few new backgrounds.

If I missed anyone let me know.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Qorbin; 03-12-2012, 03:05 PM.

“Once more into the breach, dear friends, once more. Or close the wall with our dead. In peace there's nothing so becomes a man, as modest stillness and humility; But when the blast of war blows in our ears, then imitate the action of the tiger: Stiffen the sinews, summon up the blood. Summon up the blood. Disguise fair nature with rage and lend the eye a terrible aspect.” Shakespeare

Nice stuff, still feel bad about leaving early, but any longer and I would have been a mess at work.

Comment

Convoy you are one of the ones I forgot. Medals incoming!

“Once more into the breach, dear friends, once more. Or close the wall with our dead. In peace there's nothing so becomes a man, as modest stillness and humility; But when the blast of war blows in our ears, then imitate the action of the tiger: Stiffen the sinews, summon up the blood. Summon up the blood. Disguise fair nature with rage and lend the eye a terrible aspect.” Shakespeare

Comment

Very cools guys. Operations like this are one of, if not the, most fun parts of being part of a wrecking crew like A Coy. Hear hear guys! Oooorah!

Comment

Good job on the Operation to all those who attended. One thing I have to say is please make sure you have mumble working for next time so delays are minimal.

Comment

That was fun! Looking forward to the next one.

Comment

Awsome job fellas. Keep it up. We'll really send them Impies running when we got everyone up to fifty :P

Comment

I could not have asked for a better welcome to Alpha Company than leaping into the fray minutes after enlistment. Hadn't had my forum permissions updated, though, so I was sans-Mumble for the duration of the op.

To clarify, the spelling of my character name is Tydeus. It looks like there's a handful of incorrect variations floating around in the AAR: Tydeaus and Tydeas. My forum signature image file looks like it's using the latter spelling (Tydeas.png).

Comment

Fixed Tydeus, sorry about that!

Comment

I have to say that was some of the best fun I have had playing any kind of game so far. Each week seems to top off the previous weeks event by leaps and bounds!

Thank you again for the opportunity to lead a Fire Team. It was a blast and I learned a hell of a lot.

I also wanted to send a thank you out to Accas, Rokas and Ranque for being such great Fire Team Bravo members.

Also wanted to send out a special thanks to Kells (not Edon ) for all the help and support during the operation.

I was messed up as Edon has helped me alot this past week. Sorry Kells.

NVM I see it now in my posts just was not listed in the CoT members was all.

Cheers,
                    Last edited by ; 03-12-2012, 10:33 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X