SPC. Eroc
    SPC. Illumori
    SPC. Kjvago
    SPC. Malcon

Areas Patrolled: Black Hole
    Initial Contact: 2300 EST

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Contact Report:

Enemy Encountered: <Clan Vis'zar> <Clan Desh'ar> <Clan Adenn> <Clan Epsis> <Clan Naast> <Reign> and other Imperial Conscripts (20-25)

Friendly/Neutral Encountered: <Marine Expeditionary Unit> (4)

Contact Summary: While deploying to the Black Hole area on Corellia to complete local missions, a small team of Alpha Company troopers encountered an understrength squad sized force of Mandalorians of Clan Desh'har and Clan Epsis. These mercenaries were harassing republic citizens and encroaching upon Republic territory. Reinforcements were quickly called in and an assault group sized force of Alpha Company troopers pushed the hostiles back in short order. The enemy was not finished, however, and quickly called in additional personnel of their own. After being swarmed by superior enemy numbers, Alpha Company forces were again put on the defensive and proceeed to call all available forces to the region to counter the growing threat. A full squad sized element of Alpha Company troopers engaged in multiple skirmishes with nearly two full squads of Imperial aligned aggressors. Our force struggled against the numerical superiority of the opposition, but managed to achieve a few small victories before being forced back due to attrition. After an hour of fighting, the enemy's numbers had grown to nearly platoon strength (20 personnel) while our forces were still just a squad sized element (8 personnel). Due to the overwhelming numbers, a call went out to <Marine Expeditionary Unit> which was able to supply an additional assault group to reinforce our position. These new forces assisted in the fighting, but Republic forces still faced a considerable numerical disadvantage and were unable to hold territory for any extended period of time. By 0045h EST, Imperial forces withdrew and security was restored to the region.

Positive Points:
    • Despite being constantly outnumbered, we actually drove back the enemy on more than one occasion.
    • There wasn't any visible trash-talking going on from either side.
    • The Imperials showed good will and appreciation for our efforts after the skirmish concluded

Negative Points:
    • Our force was constantly outnumbered, making a decisive victory difficult.
    • Ghost support did not arrive until later, making movement in the early stages of the encounter a risky proposition.
    • Several troopers were suffering from connection issues, rendering them ineffective.
    • In the later stages of the fight, enemy forces rarely moved beyond their home region, forcing us to fight close to their re-spawn point and far from our own.

Overall Assessment and Recommendation: Considering what we were facing I am happy with our performance. Although I hesitate to call this encounter a victory as we were wiped many times, I would call it successful because we put up a hell of a fight despite being outnumbered in every engagement. Good work everyone.

Ricky "the Rake" Rakehell
    Alpha Company, 203rd REL

"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all." -USMC General James Mattis, Iraq 2003.
Working...
X