Spc. Cerine
    Spc. Corth
    Jedi Kalypsa
    Jedi Jer'mi

Areas Patrolled: Section X.
    Initial Contact: 2230hrs EST.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Contact Report:

Enemy Encountered: <No Mercy> <Genoharaden> <Shadow Council of the Sith> <Sithhiker's Guide to The Galaxy> <Schism> (25-30)

Friendly/Neutral Encountered: Hayes of <Remnants of Hope>

Contact Summary: After a Company meeting Alpha Company deployed to the surface of Belsavis in the Section X area for a security patrol of the AO. Upon arriving planet side, Alpha Company proceeded north in search of possible contacts and to ensure the security of the area for republic forces. Shortly after moving out, our Ghost Squad had eyes on an Imperial ops group attempting to take down Dreadtooth. Upon orders, we surgically removed the healers and tanks, and relished at the sight of the ops group falling apart in turn. We then proceeded to cordon off the Imperial base to the north, and deny access to any and all Imperials attempting to depart. We took advantage of the natural terrain which formed a trench-like cut into the surrounding rock walls making a perfect choke point. Time and time again the Imps broke upon our AOE's and discipline like water on rocks. A few Imperials took the high ground above us and attempted to cut us off and close us in for the kill, but thanks to our superb recon assets we were able to mitigate the damage sustained and pulled out to a predetermined fallback point and held out there.

After the Imps broke contact with us a decision was made to split the forces to attack Dreadtooth while leaving a rear security team to cover our assault. While sound in doctrine, the results were not as satisfactory as intended due to our lack of numbers being under strength to take on both tasks. After regrouping we moved to contact with the Imperial ops group now numbering well over 25 in comparison to our 14. While not being able to prevent their kill of Dreadtooth in time, (he was at aprox 20% health upon our engagement of the Imp forces) we were successful in routing the remaining Imperial forces and holding them at bay in the previously used choke point. Upon orders, we moved to the higher ground overlooking the Imperial base yet out of range of their heavy turrets and were rushed twice by waves of Imperials. Once again we held firm sustaining minimal casualties while holding the cordon position. After routing remaining Imperial contacts, Alpha Company was formed up, commended, and dismissed.

Positive Points:
    • Once again our superior training, leadership, and adherence to orders won the day against opposing forces easily numbering twice that of ours and pushing into the three times that of ours.
    • We made good use of the terrain for choke points, ambushes, and fallback points for regrouping.
    • We were able for the first time in a while, allowed to make use of an ideal composition of a large group and make use of our "combined arms" of recon assets, tanks, healers, dps... and all other components of our arsenal and used this ideal makeup to our advantage effectively.

Negative Points:
    • Our AOE calls for fire were effective due to quantity but not up to par in terms of Alpha Company quality of said fire missions.
    • Our comms were occasionally cluttered with too much talking. Too many people were talking at times to effectively listen to orders being given out.
    • Lack of WPvP training could be seen as orders were misunderstood at times. Some troopers could not fully understand the orders that officers may have given, resulting in delays in which said orders were carried out.

Overall Assessment and Recommendation: Once again we did very well in the face of what most others would consider certain death and defeat. Overall the company performed as to be expected with few downsides during the entire engagement. We need to work on keeping comms clear and allow the officers/nco's to clearly give out orders. Other enlisted personnel need only call out very important information such as us being flanked and no one seeing it. Or when predesignated to do so, such as a chain pull and calling those targets for the second puller.

I have said this in my last AAR and I will continue to say this until I feel we are at 100% combat effectiveness.

I strongly urge each and every trooper to attend the WPvP classes held by Jer'mi along with the P.V.P. Academy that Ricky (I believe) will be holding once again. We have many recruits and new-joins that are great troopers but they cannot fully understand and carry out orders in WPvP as intended due to lack of such additional training. Even if you're a pro in WZ's, WPvP is a whole other beast entirely.

Congrats once again to all of those promoted!
    You all represented the company well in my opinion, and are continuing to positively increase the reputation and renown of Alpha Company! Oorah!!

Semper Fi,
    Neves
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    Report Filed by: Trooper Neves Eanur, Rifleman, Alpha Company, 203rd REL

I know I have missed some of you in this report, my screen shot of the formation didn't save. If you are missing or if you would rather have your main's name instead of your alt's listed in the AAR please let me know and I will correct this as soon as I can. Thank you for bearing with me.
    Last edited by Neves Eanur; 03-06-2013, 10:13 AM.

"Shit just got real. Alpha Company's here." - Kerrilar

What a fight.

Comment

For the section x fight I was playing on KJ not on Nilskise.

Comment

Thought so, will fix it.

Comment

add the imperial guild Genoharadan. At first there was only 1 of them but he called in 2 more friends. That isn't a lot but it shows that guild is willing to come out and play.

fantastic write up
          Last edited by Corth; 03-06-2013, 09:42 AM.

Comment

Updated, thanks for the info and the feedback Corth

Yeah sure as hell was a nice fight Dansen! Hopefully we'll have much more in the future. And in more locations as well. Nice get away from tat and Thorazan/Zaroshe for a change.

Comment

Working...
            X