Rcr. Braxx'us
    Rcr. Viike

Areas Occupied: Outlaw's Den
    Start Time: 2100h EST

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Contact Report

Enemy Encountered: None

Friendly/Neutral Encountered: None

Summary: Alpha Company Forces conducted a training session as part of the Producing Veteran Players Academy. All participating troopers were briefed on PvP related game mechanics, familiarized with their own combat abilities, and learned about the defensive cooldowns of Sith and Operative classes and how to best counter them. After lecture, some troopers broke into small teams and practiced their individual combat skills.

Positive Points:
    • The class went well, with positive feedback from participants
    • Many troopers showed they grasped the content by the end of the session, and were able to choose the correct action to counter a specific cooldown when it was presented to them

Negative Points:
    • Some showed poor discipline when wandering strangers showed up, picking fights rather than ignoring them (as was ordered) and focusing on the task at hand
    • Due to the recent patch update, it was impossible to provide a level playing field for dueling and 1v1 practice. This will be conducted during the next session as we all reach the new level cap.
    • There was very little 1 on 1 training time where a trainer could work with a trooper on an individual basis to do some practical application and check for understanding and retention of the course material

Overall Assessment and Recommendation:
    I felt as though many troopers got something out of this session. We will be holding it again in about a month's time for those who missed it. The course outline is posted in the Training Events section for review if anyone is having trouble remembering the specific topics covered. You must have proper access to view this content, if you do not, click this link and post there to request access from higher. All disciplinary infractions were addressed, no further action required.

I will work to provide more Sith training dummies and training staff to provide some practical application exercises that students can perform to solidify their learning. We learn much better by doing, rather than listening. I will try to incorporate these exercises into future academy sessions to help with knowledge retention.

Thank you for those who came out, stand by for more training in the coming weeks.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
    Report Filed by: Lieutenant Ricky Rakehell, Platoon Commander, Alpha Company, 203rd REL
    Last edited by ; 04-11-2013, 03:24 AM.

Awesome class, and i'll definitely come back for future courses!

Comment

Sorry I was unable to attend this. Was on earlier in the day but RL prevented me from joining in.

Comment

Working...
      X