Formation Size: 6
    Troops in Formation:
    Sgt. Neves
    Cpl. Chadeaux
    Cpl. Ranque
    Recruit Curran
    Recruit Kaegen
    Recruit Khari

Areas Patrolled: All Republic outposts excluding Largona. Assault on Zaroshe
    Initial Contact: 2240hrs EST.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Contact Report:

Enemy Encountered: None.

Friendly/Neutral Encountered: Jefferies <Wrong Side of Heaven>

Contact Summary: At 22:40hrs EST. Sgt. Neves formed a squad sized element from Alpha Company on Tatooine in Anchorhead. There he briefed them on their mission; a short and routine patrol to ensure the Republic's strength in the area and to introduce the new recruits to their first field-op and tactics. The patrol then moved to outpost Dreviad. Cpl. Chadeaux scouted the route to Salara and provided overwatch for the inbound patrol. At Dreviad, Sgt. Neves gave a basic rundown of how to conduct one's self on a patrol and the basics to patrolling and interacting with other forces. After the short class, the patrol formed up and moved on foot to Salara. Once there, Sgt. Neves gave the order to halt and instructed the recruits how to set up a 360 security. He explained it's uses and how to employ it with the aid of Cpl. Ranque and Cpl. Chadeaux explaining their roles as healers and forward recon. After practical application with basic formations and security, the patrol mounted up and moved to Thorazan. Once the patrol declared the outpost clear, it moved to bring down a dangerous beast ((world boss)) reported in the area.

After ensuring the immediate safety of Thorazan, Sgt. Neves decided an assault on Outpost Zaroshe was in order. The patrol moved to Zaroshe's south-western entrance. Once the patrol was staged for the assault, the NCO's explained a variety of tactics used in assaults such as chain pulls, cc, focus targets, and other tactics. The patrol put down the guards on the perimeter and proceeded to move in and clear the base of all opposition. Once enemy resistance was utterly crushed, the patrol moved through outlaws den and back to Salara. The patrol formed back up outside the spaceport in Anchorhead and was debriefed and dismissed.

((After the patrol we cleared Hoth of the world bosses and went to Nar Shaddaa for a third which wasn't there))

Positive Points:
    • Great random patrol, nice getting some activity going again.
    • We had three recruits attend, all of which learned much and whose performance was outstanding!!

Added by Cpl. Chadeaux:

* Say for local RP communications
    * Ops Chat for patrol RP communications
    * Mumble for PvP operations and/or just talking
    * Guild chat for talking / organizing within the guild
    * General chat - RP'wise this is a Planets radio communication (I hinted upon this point in a few of my <OPS ::COMMS-Scout::> reports)

I agree that even though it was hastily conceived the patrol was a valuable learning tool for the recruits. A short and quick patrol like this, with various teaching points, is a valuable tool in helping recruits learn and keeping those involved interested.
    Negative Points:
    • No PvP.
    • (( Keagen is going to get his shit punched in during basic ))

Overall Assessment and Recommendation: Everyone did a great job. The recruits listened well and learned a lot! We all had a great time together and met some new blood. We had a good group composition of tank, healer, dps, and recon which allowed us to show the recruits how we operate effectively. Keagen will need some special attention for starting a fist fight with me (in good fun) before the formation... I will make a special note to be at his basic training. I recommend that we start doing patrols and other activities on a regular basis.

If any corrections are needed please let me know.

- Neves
    Last edited by Neves Eanur; 09-26-2013, 09:24 PM.

"Shit just got real. Alpha Company's here." - Kerrilar
Working...
X