(05|21|12) [Discipline Notification: Alderaan]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (05|21|12) [Discipline Notification: Alderaan]

There was a decent amount of PVP on Aldaran the other night, Monday if I can remember right, and I haven't seen an AAR.

I have a few points to bring up:

We were all over the place. I think we need to focus on getting people designated into squads and what not right away and actually calling people by names or forcing them into a chat channel - IE Squad01 or something that makes everyone understand where they are and who they are following.

We talked way too much in mumble. When shit hit the fan, 10 people chimed in with what to do, what not to do, where to go. I think when it comes to large surprised battles like this, everyone needs to stop talking and one person give the orders. We got rolled so hard, it wasn't funny. Not that I don't expect this from time to time, but we can prevent it from happening often at least and give them a fight. Half the people gave up before 50% of the squad was even dead. People retreated without orders, people were spread out all over. I think we could have handled that attack a lot better.

I also want to say one last thing, maybe people agree or disagree:

We don't need backup. I will never call backup, even if I am outnumbered, as long as I know that we can take the enemy. Before the entire raid had even been wiped, people were yelling to call in backup. They had even numbers to us, if not less. They wiped us because we were unorganized and weren't communicating. Calling in backup in these situations makes us look BAD, not good. I would like to say that one wipe should not send of the alarm of CALL BACK UP! We need to keep that to a minimum. We had the upper hand, we could have won or at least not just rolled over and got owned hard, and we need to have one person only in quick thinking situations like that talking.

Military is fine, but in video games, when things like this happen, at least in past heavy PVP guilds, one person talks. Everyone listens. For doing patrols, spreading out and long winded battles, sure more people can order groups around and such, which is the dream, but for surprise ambushes, large waves closing in without prep, everyone needs to shut up and listen.

Other than that, everyone RP'ed really well and listened when proper orders and structure was present. So good work on that front. Just a few things I think we can work on.

I'm still a bit unfamiliar with mumble so please pardon my ignorance. Have we the capability to place a person in more than one mumble channel, or at least allow them access to two channels concurrently with separate voice switches?

It would be a boon to have all sergeants and command on one channel and the sergeants and squads on their respective channels. The squads need to communicate between themselves for specific trooper movements and heal requests, but command and every other squad doesn't need to be inundated by these mundane details. Likewise, squadmates need not to be exposed to command chatter and the goings-on of other squads.

I believe this would streamline our process and, as Rux explained so clearly above, reduce the mumble chatter significantly. If it helps any, I know we can run ventrilo and mumble concurrently as I do this with some of my RL friends every so often. I use my ` key for mumble and my keypad - key for vent.

Comment

Working...
    X