video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• video

So, I know this topic has been touched on before, but I've really been thinking about trying to get a few members together and doing a video. I'm talking RP but with typical YouTube humor. We could even use the mumble voice recordings as I think it fits the ambiance of the helmet comms. Anyways just wanted to get some thoughts and maybe ideas. If I wrote a script would you guys think that was dumb or could we actually do this?

Something like this?

Comment

CANTINA NIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!

"We don't have a word for hero. Being prepared to die for your family and friends, or what you hold dear, is a basic requirement for a Mando, so it's not worth a separate word. It's only cowards we had to find a special name for." -Baltan Carid​

Comment

Something very similar Riike. Actual dialogue obviously. A bit more humorous if the tone allows for it.

Comment

If we would use actual voices, I would be really worried about the audio quality. We would HAVE to use a voice changer or something, so all of us sound the same. In other words, we would have to mask shitty microphones.

Comment

Can confirm as one of only two people still present who were there at the making of this video (so much harder to coordinate movement with that engine, UGH): it is hard to pick and choose the best dialogue, even with the best of story lines, and is one of many reasons this footage remained "unfinished." If someone can draft up a proper script, including scenes and shots, that would be VERY helpful. Just as a benchmark: 1:23-2:19 took us about an hour and a half to film, if not more. Although Alrek was a perfectionist about his camera angles...Vent was a fun conversation, in any case!
            IGNAVI CORAM MORTE QVIDEM ANIMAM TRAHVNT AVDACES AVTEM ILLAM NON SALTEM ADVERTUNT

Comment

My only reluctance in doing it with dialogue is anywhere near a humorous route brings on heavy RvB connotations, and if I did it the script would probably graze the area of Tube Daze, especially with the voice tweaking for the comms sound.

Also, for anyone begging for chat bubbles in this game, try thinking about it from a practical perspective. between people abusing it, the engine, and the dev track record, it'd probably break the game.
              Last edited by Dany; 05-04-2015, 04:06 PM.

Honor your opponent, for without him you have no glory.

Comment

lets RvB it...

"We don't have a word for hero. Being prepared to die for your family and friends, or what you hold dear, is a basic requirement for a Mando, so it's not worth a separate word. It's only cowards we had to find a special name for." -Baltan Carid​

Comment

RvB?

Comment

Red vs. Blue. 12 year machinama series, http://roosterteeth.com/archive/?id=88&v=more&s=1

Honor your opponent, for without him you have no glory.

Comment

I was thinking kinda red vs blue but maybe a bit more serious.

Comment

Working...
                      X