Fight As One

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fight As One

The steady downpour of rain is accompanied by the constant roll of thunder and the boom of distant artillery. It weaves together, mixed in with the noise of blaster fire and the cries of the wounded as they try and crawl through the mud. The sounds create the cruel and twisted music of another night fight, on another backwater planet, with Alpha Company on another near impossible mission... to break the stalemate. On one side of the valley, is the command post of the 203rd Republic Expeditionary Legion. It is hidden in the treeline on the edge of the valley, interwoven in a web of trenchs that have turned into half-flooded moats of mud from all of the rain. On the other side are the Imperial lines, which begin at the edge of their treeline and extend unknown miles into the dense forrest behind, with their own web of trenches. In the middle lays no man's land. A vast mudscape, cratered by mortar and artillery fire, littered with dead from both sides trying to make some dent in the other's lines... like two large boulders, bashing at one another with neither budging an inch but with both slowly chipping away with each collision. The flash of lightning illuminates the battlefield like a constant strobe light in a night club on Nar Shadaa. With blaster fire racing past each other, carving a colorful trail through the night. The rattle of automatic assault-cannon fire take turns with alternating fire to let the other cool off. They seem to be talking, like some sort of endless debate in this seemingly endless battle.

In the Republic lines men chatter in low tones, as if they were afraid to awake some sleeping terror. The ceaseless blaster fire is almost expected every night by the troopers, it doesn't phase them... hell they are relieved to hear it sometimes. It lets them know they are not dead yet. In one section of the trenches sit a squad of troopers, huddled underneath a tree hanging over the trench on the edge of the forrest. From their little sanctuary away from the battle the troopers talk of home and joke. Some are eating rations, others are tending to their weapons, others their wounds... some are doing all of this at once. A Lieutenant emerges from the forrest and jumps into the muddy trenches, half losing his footing as he lands. A chuckle can be heard from the squad as they look up at him, see his rank, and then carry about their business. The Lt. approaches the men.

"I'm looking for the command post for the 203rd." He says in an authoritative voice.

"And just who might you be... Sir?.." A grumbled reply comes from one of the men.

"I am Lt. Otheron of the 521st!" The Lt. exclaims. "Who the hell are you!?"

The soldier looks up and peers through the night at the obviously newly commisioned Lieutenant. The Lt. can see that the trooper has no helmet on and catches a glimpse at a scar over the man's right eye. The trooper squints at the young Lieutenant through the water dripping off of his bangs from his regulation haircut. The Lieutenant catches sight due to the lightning that the trooper is relaxing and sitting on the helmet of an Imperial officer, with a clear blaster hole through its left eye-lense. The Lieutenant also sees that the trooper bears the rank of Sergeant from his armor markings, scathed from endless battle on this hell hole.

The trooper breaks the long silence, "I am Sgt. Neves. And these are some of the best damned fighting men in the Republic's service!" He says while raising his arms and looking around as if giving a speach to a vast prestigious audience. A grumble of approval is heard throughout the squad. "Here we have Sgt. Fairbairn." Neves points across the trench to a seasoned Sgt. leaning against the muddy wall. Neves then nudges a trooper next to him in the ribs. "This is Corporal Ranque, our most valued medic. He could put your head back on your shoulders after a sniper round hit you... it may be on backwards, but hey... he isn't a surgeon." Neves adds with a smirk. He then points to three other troopers circled around, eating and cleaning their weapons. "That's Trooper Drexxen, Trooper Prokelarr, and Doc Jromwald. That fucker you see throwing his vibro-knife into the trench wall is Corporal Chadeaux." Another thump is heard as the vibro-knife thuds into the wall. Chadeaux pulls it from the wood and dirt and makes a motion of acklowledgement towards the Lieutenant with his knife. "And finally we have Sgt. Corth." Neves says, with his finger pointing up towards the rain. The Lt. looks up and a pair of boots comes flying through the tree branches nearly catching the officer in the face.

"The rest of us are on a mission, super secret... you can't know." Corth taunts the Lt.

The Lieutenant scoffs at the men. "Yes, yes... once again where is the command post located at? Sgt. Neves..." The Lieutenant adds with a sense of annoyance and mock respect.

Neves shrugs, with an unconcerned look on his wet face. He looks up at the rain and runs his fingers through his hair and shakes the mud out of it. "Probably where it has been this entire month." Neves replies.

"Yeah Lt. where you been? On leave?" Prokelarr adds.

The squad bursts with laughter. The Lieutenant, obviously frustrated damands once more... "Alright boys that's enough, who is your commanding officer!?"

Corporal Ranque speaks up. "That would be Major Qorbin Oca sir. Though he is with the rest of the company on their mission. You're more than welcome to speak with our executive officer Captain Viozaer though. Take a left, go down the line and it will be the third underground bunker entrance."

"Thank you..." Grumbles the Lieutenant. He trudges off through the mud and nearly slips again as he takes the turn.

The squad bursts again with laughter. "Hey Lt.!!! Ask the Captain to send us on another raiding mission...we're running out of food!" a voice yells out.

Once again the squad is heard laughing amidst the rain, thunder, artillery, and blaster fire... as the Lt. enters the command bunker with new orders.

((To be continued))
    ((End Chapter 1))
    Last edited by Neves Eanur; 10-18-2013, 03:23 PM.

"Shit just got real. Alpha Company's here." - Kerrilar

This is a very well written introduction to what I hope turns out to be a great story of Alpha Company and all the soldiers within.

To some the Hope of Peace is only a Dream...
    To many others, the Dream of Peace is their only Hope

Comment

Thoroughly enjoyed reading this, keep it up!! I hope to see Kaegen making an appearance soon! Nice job.

Comment

Thanks guys! I have an idea of where I want this to go. I should have more Sunday

Comment

((Continuation))

Lieutenant Otheron enters the command post for the 203rd. It's a dimly lit bunker; unadorned, damp, with a stuffy smell in the air. Outside the night firefight can be heard waging on. It has slackened in pace and ferocity, but the exchange of blaster fire still endures, with the occasional burst from an assault-cannon. A boom is heard off in the distance, which causes the lights to flicker and fade a bit as clouds of dirt and dust fall from the ceiling. The Lt. approaches a desk with a clerk sitting behind it, mulling through paperwork and information. The clerk looks up with an inquisitive stare. "What do you want?" He blurts out.

Lt. Otheron sighs, annoyed after having answered the very same question only moments before. Hoping for a better outcome this time around, he musters up all of the self-indulged officer charisma as he can manage. "Yes, I am looking for the commander of Alpha Company. I have new orders that must be seen to at once." He finishes his statement with a self satisfied nod.

The clerk replies in a matter of fact tone, "Well the Major is currently out of the office at the moment, on a mission in fact. May I take a message for him? The orders perhaps?"

The Lieutenant loses his officer aura for second, let down by the painstakingly slow progress being made this miserable long night. "I was told by a rather unique group of troopers that Captain Viozaer Foboma would be able to see to these."

The clerk sneers. "Well then, you don't need me Lt. Can't you read!?" He says, indicating over his shoulder to the signs on the entrance ways behind him. The signs read "203rd H.Q., Supply/Logistics, Intelligence" etc. Lieutenant Otheron continues past the clerk and down the hall. He halts as he passes as room where a heated argument rages. He waits outside as he listens...

"What do you mean impossible!?!" A distinct accent is heard yelling. "That's complete bullshit and you and I both know it Lieutenant!"

A second man is heard rebutting, "But sir! We've tried it before, and we've tried it again. We simply can't penetrate the enemy's lines deep enough without being detected!"

The unidentified Captain shoots back, "Oh don't you tell me what can and can't be done boy! My troopers have made incursions into those lines on successful missions and returned with minimum losses several times. It's your turn to bring the legion back some food, ammo, medical supplies and whatever else it needs to last us until our next resupply drop."

The Lieutenant pauses, then says, "Sir, sending my men on that mission alone will result in unnecessary deaths, we can't do it alone."

The Captain fires back, "It's the responsibility of their leader to see them through, not mine. I have the majority of the company out there right now on a mission. I'm left with a mere squad here in the rear, that has already started three fights, and are causing more damage back here than they did out in the field! Do you think any of them want to babysit a fresh unit as they go on another mission!?"

The Lieutenant responds, "Sir I think..."

"Shut up!!" The Captain booms. "You have your orders from the Legion Commander himself, get out of here before I kill you with this goddamned filing cabinet!" The Lieutenant is seen scurrying through the doorway, as he bolts down the hallway and back into the storm. A filing cabinet chases the officer out of the room and goes flying into the wall nearby Lieutenant Otheron. Another boom is heard as dust falls again and the lights flicker once more. When they come on he clearly sees the sign above the doorway:

ALPHA COMPANY H.Q.
          C.O.: MAJOR QORBIN OCA
          X.O.: CAPTAIN VIOZAER FOBOMA

The Lt. lets out a heavy sigh as he enters the room. "Captain Foboma?" He asks as he enters.

"What!?" comes the heated reply from the man sitting behind a desk, papers still slowly falling to the ground from the projected filing cabinet.

"I have new orders from Division sir" Otheron says.

Captain Viozaer takes the orders from the Otheron and looks them over. He slams the packet onto his desk. "For fuck's sake! Why do we get all of the shitty missions!? A half retarded monkey is much better suited for deciding these orders."

"These orders come directly from the Chancellor." The Lt. calmly replies.

The Captain looks up, evidently not giving a fuck. "Oh, forgive me... a completely retarded monkey then." He says as he stands up and walks into the hallway, orders in hand as the Lt. follows. As he walks, his holocom blinks, indicating an incoming call. The Captain answers on the move.

A static voice and distorted image of a trooper is seen. "Captain, this is Major Oca. Be advised we are returning from the mission and are being actively chased by a large Imperial force. Could use some assistance!"

"Very well sir! I'm sending out the rest of the boys to cover you as you come in." Viozaer turns of the holocom and pockets it as he runs out into the stormy night and he puts his helmet on, grabbing his assault-cannon on the way out. "Sgt. Fairbairn! Get your troopers moving, the rest of the company are returning from their mission, and they're coming in hot!"

The idle squad bursts into action, as NCO's bark orders, and troopers re-assemble their weapons, and gear up. Corth and Chadeaux mount up on their speeder bikes, and zoom off ahead of the squad. They zoom south out of the valley, and onto a larger landscape of rolling hills and rocky outcroppings. They come to a stop and set up on a particular hill. Sgt. Corth pulls out a datapad and his holocom, quickly typing in information. Cpl. Chadeaux pulls out his binos and looks for the returning troopers. A ball of fire and smoke explode in the distance, lighting up the night along with the lightning. Red lasers follow through the cloud of fire and debris, creating paths in the smoke. Republic troopers can be seen using a peel back tactic. The closest trooper to the enemy peels behind a slanted firing line and sets up next to and behind the trooper furthest from the enemy and returns fire as the next trooper in line repeats the process. Other troopers are seen hightailing it to higher ground with wounded on their back and others dragging prisoners along. "I got 'em" Chadeaux says.

Corth makes contact with the receivers of his call. "Firestorm, Firestorm, this is Ghost-1. Stand by for fire mission over."

"Ghost-1, this is Firestorm. Standing by to copy." comes a muffled reply.

"Enemy infantry in the open, Grid: 1036537480, 1036471890, recommend High Explosive. Send two shots to mark and we'll walk you on target. How copy?"

"Firestorm copies all, firing. Splash down in 15 seconds."

Moments later two large fireballs sprout up from the ground as the artillery shells land, falling a little beyond the Imperial troopers in chase. Corth comes over the holocom to the artillery commander again. "Adjust, 200 meters south!"

"Roger, adjusting, stand by for splash." This time the shells land right in the midst of the Imperial pursuers.

Corth and Chadeuax give an exclaim of triumph. Corth relays the information back to the artillery commander. "Firestorm, Firestorm. Good hit, good hit. Send the pain now, walk it in 15-20 meters at a time. Out."

Down in the hills the returning troopers of Alpha Company are consolidating their position on the top of two rocky hills, which sit side by side with a road that runs down between them. On the top of the hill, the three wounded troopers are dropped off behind a large boulder that crowns the left hill, safe from the enemy blaster fire. Troopers Kahri and Kaegen run from the right hill down into the road towards the left hill. Kaegen is burdened by cans full of ammo to deliver to the other squad on troopers. While Kahri provides covering fire from the cover of a half blown-away statue, Kaegen makes a run to the other side. Red blaster bolts skip around him, kicking up mud as each Imperial trooper tries to find their mark whilst taking ferocious fire from Alpha Company. One of the fiery red bolts catches Kaegen in the shoulder just as he makes it to safety on the other side of the road. Kaegen drops to the ground with a loud grunt with enough force to knock the wind out of anyone. The cans fall into the mud puddle in front of him which slowly grows from the constant rain. He lands on his weapon which is slung across his chest, only increasing his pain. Kahri sees her fellow trooper get hit, but the incoming fire is too intense for her to lend aid. From the top of the left hill Sgt. Thavious is shouting instructions, and directing the fire of his squad. He is trying to be heard above the deafening sounds of battle. From up high, he sees Kaegen go down... immediately springing into action he pulls one of his troopers, Nuzole with him and leaves the squad in the hands of Cpl. Mij. Thavious slides down the muddy hillside, digging his severely battle-worn boots into the hill as he goes. Once they arrive at the base of the hill, Sgt. Thavious crouches down next to a rock and surveys the situation. He then calls out to Kahri, "Hey!! We're going to suppress them, run over and pick Kaegen up as you go! Kaegen! Grab the ammo cans when she picks you up!" Kahri acknowledges Thavious' orders with a sharp nod. Thavious looks over to Nuzole, "Ready?! One... two... THREE!! Get some Imps!!!" At that moment Thavious and Nuzole set their weapons on the rock, and start blasting away with hate and discontent. Kahri takes the brief break from incoming fire to muster all her courage and strength, and dashes out into the fray. She throws Kaegen over her shoulder and runs towards the other side of the road. Red blaster bolts dance around, barely licking her heels

"Fuuuuck this shiiiiiit!!!" She yells as she races to the other side with Kaegen on her back. Once she makes it to the other side, she drops Kaegen onto the ground with a rough thud. Kaegan begins to protest but is cut off by Sgt. Thavious.

"Good work Kahri, now cover Nuzole and I as we drag Kaegen up to the casualty collection point. "

Kahri un-slings her rifle, "Yes Sergeant. I got your back." The group slowly make their way up to the top of the hill where Kaegen joins the other three wounded. The Imperial attackers are making slow progress up the hills, but progress still. At this point the artillery is too close to friendly units to be of any effect.

On the right side hilltop, Major Qorbin calls into Sgt. Fairbairn's squad holo. "Sgt. the damned Imps are getting closer, we have too many wounded to out run them, they are too close for fire support, and they vastly outnumber us. What's your ETA?" At that moment, a wall of blue blaster bolts slams into the encroaching Imperial forces. It rushes in like a tidal wave from an storm on the sea. Sgt. Fairbairn can be seen leading half of his squad into the left side of the Imperials. When they turn to face the new Republic threat, Sgt. Neves charges into the right flank of the Imperials with the remainder of the squad. The defenders on the twin hilltops have a new found motivation, and cheer as they fire into the dwindling black mass of Imperial soldiers. Faced with a wall of fire on every side, the Imperials turn and retreat... only to be caught in a curtain of artillery as Corth resumes his previously called in fire mission.

Once all of the smoke clears, Capt. Viozaer approaches the C.O. "Looks like you hit a rough patch."

The Major stares out into the battlefield, "Nothing they couldn't handle."

Viozaer looks out as well, "Hate to imagine what would've happened if we didn't show up in time" he says with a chuckle.

Qorbin replies in a satirical tone, "I would've thought of something."

"You always do." Says Viozaer. He looks over to the wounded, then down at the ground for a second. "New orders came in. You're going to love them."

The Major looks over to him. "Scrap 'em, these boys need a breather. I'll secure them a few days in the rear, the mission can wait, and I'll take the heat for it. They deserve a break, and we need to regroup and resupply."

Viozaer shuffles his feet around some, and kicks a small rock down the hill, and into the carnage of bodies bellow. "I'm not sure if you can pull the boys out of this one sir. But we'll talk about it when we get back to base."

The two of them turn and look towards the horizon, the sun was starting to come up, and the first beams of light could be seen penetrating the darkness as the storm died down. Sgt. Neves and Sgt. Thavious approach the two officers. "Nothing like a good fight to get the blood moving eh Neves?" Fairbairn asks.

Neves slings his rifle across his chest, and folds his arms on top of the buttstock. He props his leg up on a small rock and looks at the rising sun. "That's for sure. But it's the start of a new day... let's check on the men Fairbairn, it's a new day after all, and who knows what it holds for us?"

((End Chapter 2))
          Last edited by Neves Eanur; 10-18-2013, 03:11 PM.

Comment

Cool this was an awesome read
            Did I tell you to Pillage, JUMP, sting, loot, fire, or run? No, Now listen for orders recruit, and maybe you wont get your bloody head knocked off- Captain Viozaer/ Major Oca

Comment

Finished section two

Comment

Neves, this is some of the best SW fan fiction I've ever read. I love how you incorporated most everyone in to this. PLEASE keep this going

Comment

Originally posted by Corth View Post
                  Neves, this is some of the best SW fan fiction I've ever read. I love how you incorporated most everyone in to this. PLEASE keep this going
                  Thanks Corth!! My goal is to include everyone in this story as it develops. I think it's a more enjoyable of a read if you have a part in the story. That said, I'm trying to create a new chapter every week, or when I get around to it. Right now I just have a list of bullet notes for key events and I fill everything in between as I go along lol.

Comment

Haddrik opens his eyes and blinks. He squints from the bright sun shining down on his face. He's found a soft patch of grass to rest on with his hands interlocked behind his head for support. An unknown bird call is heard singing through the forest, carried on a cool breeze that ruffles through his hair. "A rare and much appreciated pause in the fighting" He thinks to himself. All around him are the rest of the troopers of Alpha Company, spread around enjoying the peace while they still can. Some are grouped together, talking or playing pazzak. Others are tending to their blistered feet, or dirty weapons. All are thankful to still be alive after the rough week outside the wire. It's a cool summer day, and the sky is clear with no lingering evidence of the raging storm from the previous night. Talking and laughter are heard throughout the encampment as the troopers enjoy themselves on this fine day. A day in the rear, every frontline soldier's paradise.

Off away from the main group sit three troopers in particular. The Major and Captain Viozaer both lean against a wide tree; Viozaer adjusts himself as his sits uncomfortably on a root in his backside. An expression of relief and satisfaction appears across his face. With them sits Sgt. Fairbairn upon a small rock the size of an average man's head. He picks up a steady rhythm of picking up pebbles and throwing them at a nearby tree. A hollow *knock* is heard every ten seconds or so. "So there you have it gents. That's our mission, like it or not." Viozaer says.

"I don't understand what sort of relevance this bears to the direct war effort sir." Fairbairn says, followed by another *knock*

"Well that's just it, you aren't paid to think are you Sgt.?" replies Major Qorbin.

"I suppose not. Fate save us if common sense reigned supreme in the decision making process of the senate." says Fairbairn, annoyed with this turn of events. "Well, I best break the news to the lads then eh?" He says as he rises from his seat and stretches. He tosses his last pebble at the tree, this time missing. A low grumble is heard from him as he walks away.

He approaches the rest of the troopers and watches them. They're all having such a great time relaxing, bonding, and enjoying life while they can. He hates to be the one to break the mood. Chiban and Jromwald are fighting again for some unknown reason; rolling around in the grass and grunting as they each try to get the other to admit defeat. Fairbairn takes in the scenery, disappointed that it will all be ended in just a few short words. "Alpha! Gather around ladies!" He yells out. The troopers slowly move towards him, sluggish in their movement and displeased to have their relaxation interrupted. Some are awaken from their sleep with a violent and playful shake; others re-assemble their weapons as they approach. Ranque was busy eating, then rises and looks down. Neves is fast asleep next to him, resting on a pile of leaves. Not wanting to pass this golden opportunity up, Ranque gives a good kick the Neves' side!

Neves spews out a loud "Umph!!"

"Get up lazy ass, Fairbairn is calling us over for something." Ranque says with a chuckle. Neves rolls over and shoots him a hazy glare.

Neves grumbles at him, "You're a real dick sometimes you know?" Ranque's smile only widens in response. He grabs Neves' hand and helps him up.

"Let's go man." says Ranque.

The two walk over towards the group of troopers together. Neves looks over at Ranque once more. There is a mess of red sauce all over his face from the rations he was eating earlier. Neves indicates at Ranque's face, "You've got red on you." He says with a smile. Ranque sticks his tongue out and swirls it around his mouth attempting to clean away the sauce, completely missing however.

"Did I get it?" Ranque asks with a few smacks of his gums.

"Much better." Neves replies with a smirk.

Sgt. Fairbairn awaits the arrival of the last late comers and then begins his briefing. "Alright guys, I know we're all having a good time back here in the rear. I hate to be the bearer of bad news but-" A low groan is heard amongst the troopers as they know what is coming next. "Now now, quit your bitching!" Fairbairn exclaims. "I haven't even told you what's going on yet. Now... as you may have guessed, we have another mission. That's the bad news. The good news however is that we get three more days in the rear, on the Repulse." A couple of conversations break out, troopers exchange glances. Hot chow, air conditioning, a nice rack to sleep on, beautiful medical staff to chase around and sleep in the racks with! "We await the transport for the cover of darkness; nobody wants to be shot down on their way back to ship after all. You will receive further briefing on the mission once on ship. That is all." The group of troopers breaks up and resumes their previous business. They continue until the cover of darkness, as another storm approaches.

*Eight hours later*

Another raging storm ravages the night, the howl of the wind and boom of thunder once again take their previous positions in the darkness. The various squads are huddled around different trees, trying their best to keep dry. A crack of lightning flashes and illuminates the flooding forest. The pitter-patter of the rain drops hitting the leaves and landing on the helmets of the troopers is heard mixed in with the rest of the symphony. The light mood hasn’t left the company of troopers; the chattering and occasional laughter is heard above the roar of the storm. The ceasefire has ended, and both sides are now at each other’s throat, countless battles are heard waging on elsewhere in the distance. Eventually Major Qorbin gets an incoming holocall. “Alpha Actual, Alpha Actual, this is Guardian Wing-12. We are coming in for transportation to the frigate the Repulse, over.”

Qorbin stands up from leaning against a tree and peers into the storm. “Guardian Wing-12, this is Alpha Actual. We read you Lima-Charlie. ETA? Over.”

“Alpha Actual, we will be touching down in three minutes. How copy? Over.” Comes the static voice of the pilot.

“Guardian Wing-12, Alpha Actual, solid copy on that. See you soon, out.” The Major turns away from the storm and approaches Sgt. Thavious. “Sgt. Get them ready, our transportation arrives in less than three minutes, and I want off of this shit hole as soon as possible. Understood?”

“Yes sir! Right away!” Sgt Thavious says. He then turns away and comes over the company comm. frequency. “All squads, all squads be advised: Transport touching down in less than three minutes. Squad leaders, get them moving! Out.” The encampment buzzes with activity as NCOs move the troopers and get ready to depart. In the distance, a low hum of engines is heard. The sound quickly grows in intensity as the ships approach. Suddenly three drop-ships whip around the peak of the nearby mountains as they emerge out of the storm. They are in a loose wedge formation, dodging incoming red anti-aircraft fire that trails behind them. An escort of two fighters breaks off from the group and flanks the anti-air emplacement. They zoom in from the side and let loose a barrage of missiles which light up the night sky, silencing the emplacement for good.

Neves comes over the comm. frequency this time. “Alpha-1, Alpha-3. Send out a fireteam to secure L.Z. for landing and troop load-up.” Both squads send out a fireteam into the clearing to provide security for their transports as they land. The site should be secure, considering it’s behind the legion headquarters, but Neves doesn’t feel like taking any risks tonight. Cpl. Ranque breaks off with a team from Sgt. Neves’ first squad; Cpl. Mij takes off to the other side of the clearing with a team from Sgt. Thavious’ third squad. Each four man team disperses itself to complete a full 360 degree circle of security and interlocking fields of fire. The three gun-ships slow down as they approach the clearing and land. The two fighter escorts zoom by overhead and take up a holding pattern above, like birds of prey ready to swoop down at any moment to protect the brave troopers below. The ramps of the ships are already lowered with door gunners in the rear ready to wreak havoc at the first sign of trouble. The remaining squads emerge from the tree line and rush towards the transports. Once the troopers arrive, they load of as quickly as can be. The outlying security teams steadily fall back and close in on the ships. The circle tightens until the troopers have their backs against the hulls. One by one, they peel off into the safety of the gun-ship, take a seat, and strap in. Once everyone is on board, the transports lift off and head out into the night. Mij is sitting in the seat closest to the open door. As the ramp retracts into the ship, he stares out into the stormy night. Explosions and firefights are breaking out all over the surface of the planet… mixed in with the flashes of lightning; sporadic light, fighting against the darkness of night. He is reminded of the embers of a dying fire, glowing here and there in the dark. The patter of rain on the ship’s metal is almost as loud as the raging storm itself outside. The nightscape is then shut off from sight, as the open door closes as the transports reach the atmosphere and space.

After a short fifteen minutes of flight, the transport group comes into the main group of the 5th Republic Expeditionary Fleet that the Repulse and the 203rd are currently attached to. Captain Viozaer approaches the cockpit of the pilots. “You see that out there Capt.?” Asks one of the pilots. “That is the Imperial fleet, floating just above the capital of this planet, holding it hostage. We could probably beat them if it ever came to another naval engagement. They were pretty crippled after our last victory.”

“Then why don’t we go in and do something about it?” Viozaer asks.

“Well it ain’t that simple, sure we could beat their fleet, probably take the capital too with the help of you boys. But that would leave all the other ground-pounders everywhere else on the planet without our direct support. The Imperials have the advantage in the ground war right now, and the Republic defenders would be thrown off the planet.” Replies the pilot.

Viozaer rubs his chin in though, “Well we better do something quickly then. The Imperials have a reinforcing battle group on their way to bring that fleet back up to full strength. If we don’t act soon, then we will have bigger problems to worry about.”

“Well maybe that’s what you boys are being pulled off the planet for? To do something about this unusual stalemate?” comes the pilot with a cheery voice.

“I wouldn’t be so sure of that.” Says Viozaer, aware of Alpha’s true mission. The transport group approaches the Repulse from the side, coming towards its hanger. “Home sweet home.” Viozaer thinks to himself with a smile.

The three ships come into the main hanger bay and make a soft landing. The two fighter escorts peel off back towards the planet, likely to provide fire support to a group of desperate grunts on another mission. The three transports drop their ramps and Neves comes stumbling out and then drops to his knees on the hanger deck. He lets a huge hurl of his previously eaten rations come up. He lifts he head wipes the puke from his mouth. “I hate flying!” He says aloud. Standing, he walks off towards the barracks with the rest of his squad, slipping in the puddle of puke as he does so. “It’s good to be home.” He thinks to himself.

((End Chapter 3))
                    Last edited by Neves Eanur; 10-18-2013, 03:11 PM.

Comment

Hey, real awesome story, if you do end up including me it should be interesting to see how you do it lol
                      "We will not be pushed around by some pissants from the ass end of the galaxy!" Grand Moff Turn addresing the rebel raid on corusant (Star wars : Combine)

Comment

I'll probably kill you off lol!

JK man.

Chapter 3 completed and submitted.

Comment

Whens the next one coming out

Comment

Idk been too busy

Comment

With writing i hope but cant wait for the next one

Comment

Working...
                              X