• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dronos Eos: The Outreach

tumblr_nhoar7if2Z1rqpqo3o5_1280.jpg

Dune Sea, Tatooine
    Planetary Outreach
    3 months ago

Bright twin-suns hit hard against the armored plates of Corporal Dronos Eos speeder bike as he speeds through canyons and sand dunes out in the Dune Sea. A wasteland, left with nothing but sorrow stories and pessimistic values, had a rare potential feeling of hope. CPL Eos heard of a small settlement hidden away from smuggler eyes that had locals supporting Republic soldiers. These locals have been reported to have given food and water, apart from behavioral activity of Hutt movements to Republic friendlies. It was as good as any, for CPL Eos to learn more about the locals and see who could possibly be interested in enlisting into the Republic Army.

Looking around at nothing but sand Dronos thinks to himself, "Geez, you'd think by this point locals would move away from this heat and live in the canyons for shade." Zipping past dead animal carcasses, CPL Eos reminisces about Taspin III and the green pine-like forests that covered the system. Briefly he sighs thinking about not seeing home in quite sometime, then smirks as he remembers one thing he did not miss, " Heh, but my Aunty Hara's nasty soups....I don't miss that!" CPL Eos shakes off the brief memories and continued to speed across the barren sea of sand.

The speeder bikes navigation system speaks out to inform the Corporal that he is arriving at his destination, "Corporal your destination is 25 kilometers out, shall I send out a travel log to high command for records?"

Eos- "Yeah, go ahead and send a log of my route. Also, set a timer for a distress call in case I do not report back in three hours."

Navigational system- "Timer set, route log has been uploaded. Would that be all Corporal?"

Eos-"Yeah."

The newly ranked Corporal slowed down his speeder with caution as he entered a ravine, with high rising canyons continuing as far as the eye could see. Two tents hugging up against the wall of the cool shaded canyon wall, stood alone looking abandoned. Wood, looked severely aged, junk pile laying around, with the sandy winds rotting away its former look. CPL Eos stops his bike and looks at the navigational display screen, "Heh, looks like I'm here, crap this going to be some Outreach. There isn't anything here." He slowly gets off his bike, taking his assault cannon and blaster pistol with him. He checks the time, "I got two and half hours. Alright lets see what we got here today." CPL Eos cautiously walks with his pistol held tightly in his right hand. As he walks closer to the tents, viewing nothing ore than sand filled tools on the ground. A gust of wind flies through carrying sand in its path, one of the tents cracks as if it was about to break for its own good. Dronos plants his white armored boots into the sand and holds his stance until the strong gust of wind passes by.

Junk, tools, and a small Jawa rolled out yelling from behind the tool pile, " OOOOHHHH WWWAABA EETSSEE BA!" The little one falls face first into the sand.

Eos-" What the hell? Where did you come from?"

Dronos begins to quickly look around for more eyes possibly hidden in the canyon cliffs above. "Are you alone here taking tools? C'mon you can hear me, get your face out of the sand"

Jawa Jee- "Ooob bada, eepee ooo."

The Corporal waits for his translator to speak in basic for him.

Translator- "I am your greeter friend."

Eos- "Greeter? Of what? What's your name?"

​Jawa Jee- " Eeeeka pa po deeee bebop du. Eee am Jee, ep?

Translator- "Greeter to the camp you came to visit, only Republic hear 'bout this place. I'm Jee, you?"

Eos- " Dronos, alright then, if you know why I am here, lead me to your camp."

tumblr_nhs1mzDq4L1rqpqo3o1_1280.jpg

The small Jawa beckons Dronos over and points to an opening into the canyon wall right behind the tool stand. Its a small tunnel with steps carved in from the canyon itself travelling upwards. Jawa Jee leads the very cautious Corporal. Dronos himself had a slower pace due to his large cannon being able to barely fit in the tunnel with him, continue to press forward. Both walked for some time, until a glimpse of antural light began to appear against the tunnel walls. The tunnel itself began to open wider as both travelers closed in on their destination. Jawa Jee with ease hops up the steps taunting the Corporal for his slower pace, Eos not minding his guide as stayed focused on keeping his cannon from scraping the walls. Once the Corporal got up to the final step, Jawa Jee opens the half opened wooden door, to reveal a large trading post built into the canyon walls high above the Dune Sea below. Though covered by his helmet, Dronos' eyebrow are raised in amazement of the market design, and how hidden the community was.

Jawa Jee- " Eeeeeeeeee pe booo eeeep ediba skeee huwa"

Translator- "Welcome to Sky Hook, hidden oasis from the sands below."

Eos- "This is something Jee, I gotta admit that. Alright so who's in charge here. I'd like to meet him or her."

Jawa Jee- " enu enu enu, eeeeepee braaa teeee enu tra."

Translator- "no no no, we in control together. No leader. Speak to whomever."

Eos- "Right....Well I'll go ahead and make this quick."

Jawa Jee waves goodbye to Dronos as he shakes off the remaining sand from his cloths and heads into the market. The Corporal waves back, as his curiosity for the market is still high. Dronos looks at his timer and sees little over an hour left. Casually he walks around the white stone huts looking for where the inhabitants live. A small marked red republic symbol is seen outside one of the doors of a small hut. The Corporal takes a small picture for records, and politely knocks on the wooden door. A young woman, looking a few years younger than him, opens the door. She is startled with a big smile seeing that a Republic Trooper has arrived. Her face turns from happiness to a scared face as she quickly asks.

Woman- "Are you here to save us? Please come in before word about you gets around."

Eos- "Whoa whoa, hold on."

The young woman pulls Dronos into her home and quickly closes the wooden door. Scrambling around covering around all open windows. She mumbles to her self, not speaking loud enough for the Corporal to hear. She stops and turns to Dronos quickly, before continuing to finish covering the last of her windows and openings into the hut.

Woman- "The Pirates, they come every season to collect and take away the children and goods. Republic scouts have come to
    assist in the past but have died here. We locals sneak out to the major outposts spreading rumors of a Republic friendly camp, hoping more of you would come to try and help us. Not...not forget about us.This place, is more like a jail, we all gather local trade here from the Dune Sea to help pay off random debt these pirates create out of nowhere."

Eos- "Shit..."

He looks at his timer and sees forty-five minutes left. He then re-focuses on the woman.

Eos- " Alright what's your name, and who are these pirates?"

Women- " My na-..."

A huge explosion is heard out side of the small hut, as the two lose balance and fall to the ground. Locals screaming out loud as cries for help and yells of, "Republic swine! Where are you!?" is heard.

Local- "He went inside! Over there! Please don't take her!"

Eos- "Damn it, looks like I'm about to find out."

A window breaking from the back of the hut is heard, both Dronos and the woman rush to see if the invader has entered the hut. A small hooded Jawa Jee yells out, beckoning to the two yells out as he slides back out through the broken window opening and points to a hidden tunnel where locals are already seen fleeing out too.

Translator- "Hurry up tall man! Take her with you, they're bombing this place down. We must escape into the tunnels and escape out on hidden transports."

Without hesitation, Dronos and the local woman sneak out and follow the Jawa down through the canyon tunnel. Explosions and cries for help are heard echoing through the tunnel walls. Dronos cringes at the cries for help. He turns to look back as if he was going to fight alone, but gets pulled by the woman.

Woman- "Don't be stupid you'll die before you could save one! Now lets go, we have a safe haven."

The Corporal follows the locals out to an opening of the tunnel facing out towards the Dune Sea. He sees old speeder bikes and one operational transport ship used for animals, beaten down by old blaster fire, being loaded with refugees.
    tumblr_nhoar7if2Z1rqpqo3o1_1280.jpg

Dronos sends out a signal to his speeder bike to log his route to high command and purge saved information within the bikes database in case the pirates capture his speeder bike. The Corporal begin to run out to the transport ship with the rest of the refugees loaded themselves into the ship or speeder bikes. With everyone ready to ride out, flares were shot into the sandy sky as the refugees and the Corporal rode off into the Dune Sea. One pirate ran out of the tunnel just missing where the transport ship and speeders headed off too. A cloud of sand covers the pirates vision as he is force to retreat for cover within the tunnel.

Woman- "Lo'ka is my name by the way."

Dronos- "Heh, uh Dronos. So where is safe haven by the way?"

Lo'ka- "Outpost Thorazan, I am sure you're familiar with that post?"

Dronos- "Quite familiar. I'll be able to call out to my team of my whereabouts and the situation here. I--."

Lo'ka- "No need, we're going to make a living there on Thorazan, It'll be enough, it is best the Pirates do not know where we are headed. I will gather those who can fight and enlist ourselves in the local Republic Defense Brigade there on Thorazan. I assume if we serve, they'll take care of us and give us credits. That money can help keep food and water on the table for all of us."

Dronos- "Look, take care of your people. I'm part of the 203rd, we respond to CTA's around these zones frequently. When you feel you've gained the experience, and desire to fight alongside the Republic outside of your home. Contact me."

Lo'ka- "I will soldier."
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Dronos Eos; 08-12-2015, 08:52 AM.

"On the battlefield, I will leave no man or woman behind. As part of Alpha Company, we will do our Republic proud maintaining peace in the galaxy one system at a time." - Dronos Eos

you gots a tumblr?

"We don't have a word for hero. Being prepared to die for your family and friends, or what you hold dear, is a basic requirement for a Mando, so it's not worth a separate word. It's only cowards we had to find a special name for." -Baltan Carid​

Comment

Originally posted by Jaig View Post
      you gots a tumblr?
      na I don't how come?

Lots of editing is needed btw guys, I typed this out off the dome when I got bored the other day and just posted it so please excused the unchecked errors. I'll edit this week.
      Last edited by Dronos Eos; 08-09-2015, 03:42 PM.

"On the battlefield, I will leave no man or woman behind. As part of Alpha Company, we will do our Republic proud maintaining peace in the galaxy one system at a time." - Dronos Eos

Comment

Working...
      X