X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Knights of the Fallen Empire

Info:

http://dulfy.net/2015/06/15/swtor-kn...xpansion-info/

"This was an action of the utmost gallantry by a commanding officer whose dashing leadership and courage throughout the battle were an inspiration to all about him." - Victoria Cross Statement about Colonel H Jones.

What I hate about all this new info is that they are failing to explain how this new game play affects the previous game. Do the new lvl 60 characters and story line exist separated from all the previous content? If the Empire and Republic are not what they were before, are all the previous class story lines thrown out the window? All the previous story lines rely heavily on the current state of the Republic and Empire.

Comment

So...this is an almost exclusively single player experience grafted onto an MMO? Is anyone else getting that vibe? I mean, don't get me wrong, I don't mind the content because I'm subscribing anyway, but it seems to me like this is just Bioware doing what Bioware does best, but trying to shove a square pin into a circular hole. Interaction seems more of a perk/necessity than an integral part of gameplay. It doesn't matter that players have a vested interest in living in an existing universe, because there are players who get bored and unsub if the story doesn't move forward and they have no desire/ability to create their own story or move one forward themselves. Shit, I might roll a glow-batter to play this, just because I doubt it'll make sense otherwise.
      "I want to be really clear to our fans out there who are deep MMO fans. We're not forgetting about that part of the game either," said Hickman. "We just have a focus right now on the story. We're doing lots of stuff around flashpoints and operations and raid bosses and PvP and that stuff. But it's all about story this year.

So basically: "Hey, I know you all are playing an MMO. But we're going to give you a Bioware game like KoTOR because we know you all loved it and give it to you 'free.'" MMO pricing structure for a single-player game? Genius.
      IGNAVI CORAM MORTE QVIDEM ANIMAM TRAHVNT AVDACES AVTEM ILLAM NON SALTEM ADVERTUNT

Comment

I like the idea myself. Most of the reasoning I can see if the low server populations and how hard it is to get anyone to do content with you (i know this from personal experience). Then clues are already in the clue now if you look closely. The current expansion is mostly, if not entirely single player and no one really complained about that, did they?

As for Mirshe's point about the timeline and the how this affects the other... I am sure there is an explanation in the story itself, so I wouldn't sweat it.

Lastly, I was wondering since launch how BW was going to handle the end of the War. Appears, this is it.

"This was an action of the utmost gallantry by a commanding officer whose dashing leadership and courage throughout the battle were an inspiration to all about him." - Victoria Cross Statement about Colonel H Jones.

Comment

End of the War? There is never an end of war, just a different theater, a different front line, different uniforms.

Comment

Originally posted by Ranque View Post
            So...this is an almost exclusively single player experience grafted onto an MMO? Is anyone else getting that vibe? I mean, don't get me wrong, I don't mind the content because I'm subscribing anyway, but it seems to me like this is just Bioware doing what Bioware does best, but trying to shove a square pin into a circular hole. Interaction seems more of a perk/necessity than an integral part of gameplay. It doesn't matter that players have a vested interest in living in an existing universe, because there are players who get bored and unsub if the story doesn't move forward and they have no desire/ability to create their own story or move one forward themselves. Shit, I might roll a glow-batter to play this, just because I doubt it'll make sense otherwise.
            "I want to be really clear to our fans out there who are deep MMO fans. We're not forgetting about that part of the game either," said Hickman. "We just have a focus right now on the story. We're doing lots of stuff around flashpoints and operations and raid bosses and PvP and that stuff. But it's all about story this year.

So basically: "Hey, I know you all are playing an MMO. But we're going to give you a Bioware game like KoTOR because we know you all loved it and give it to you 'free.'" MMO pricing structure for a single-player game? Genius.

But then again that was always the selling point for SWTOR. They went out of their way for voice acting and all this story line stuff instead of doing the regular quest pick ups like in WoW ect ect.

"We don't have a word for hero. Being prepared to die for your family and friends, or what you hold dear, is a basic requirement for a Mando, so it's not worth a separate word. It's only cowards we had to find a special name for." -Baltan Carid​

Comment

Originally posted by Mirshe View Post
              End of the War? There is never an end of war, just a different theater, a different front line, different uniforms.
              OK, I'll clarify - End of the Galactic Conflict.

Comment

Meh, underwhelmed with the info tbh.

"Shit just got real. Alpha Company's here." - Kerrilar

Comment

Originally posted by Neves Eanur View Post
                  Meh, underwhelmed with the info tbh.
                  TL;DR: After Ziost, war is still going on. Your character is put into carbonite for whatever reason. 5 years later, you're woken by Lana, and you find out that while you were sleeping, the Fallen Empire has attacked and defeated both the Sith Empire and the Republic.

Also, I don't get your first questions Mirshe. KOTFE will be exactly like the other 2 expansions, only the story will carry on for a longer period of time.

Comment

My question relates to the defeated Sith Empire and Republic. All the class story missions assume the existence of this. If the new story basically says these are gone... will players be separated by those who have reached the new story and those who have not? All the previous expansions have been: go to X places and experience the new content. Fallen Empire seems to imply that everything has changed for the Empire and Republic, they are joined(?) and fighting the new baddies. Could be that I am interpreting all the information incorrectly.

Comment

Originally posted by Derzis View Post

TL;DR: After Ziost, war is still going on. Your character is put into carbonite for whatever reason. 5 years later, you're woken by Lana, and you find out that while you were sleeping, the Fallen Empire has attacked and defeated both the Sith Empire and the Republic.
                      I understand everything listed perfectly. I just am not impressed is all.

"Shit just got real. Alpha Company's here." - Kerrilar

Comment

Originally posted by Mirshe View Post
                        My question relates to the defeated Sith Empire and Republic. All the class story missions assume the existence of this. If the new story basically says these are gone... will players be separated by those who have reached the new story and those who have not? All the previous expansions have been: go to X places and experience the new content. Fallen Empire seems to imply that everything has changed for the Empire and Republic, they are joined(?) and fighting the new baddies. Could be that I am interpreting all the information incorrectly.
                        My guess is that The Fallen Empire attacks while the Empire and the Republic are fighting each other. Basically, while the 2 are busy with each other the 3rd one comes from the shadows and KO's everyone.
                        As for the class stories, I assume that you are referring to the insta 60 players. Not sure about those. But I think that they will be treated like they also finished the class stories. All we know so far, is that every player will follow the same story, with minor variances depending on what class you are.

Comment

What I am meaning is that a lvl 30 player exists in a universe where the Empire and the Republic have not been wiped out and is doing story missions as such. At the same time, a level 62 player is doing story missions where the Empire and Republic have been wiped out. Can they at the same time both go to fleet and have a stim caf and talk things over? Or will that cause a paradox and cause a single gungan to facilitate the downfall of the republic thousands of years in the future? (That actually does happen) Is the "streamlining" of the class stories 1-55 going to get totally revamped to reflect the current changes in the universe? These are things that are not addressed are where all my questions stem from.

Comment

I think the fleets will be just as they are right now. As for the older planets, maybe they will have different phases or new areas.
                            Anyway, there are too many questions that cannot be answered because there is not enough info.

Comment

Well, as of right now a level 30 player exists in a universe where the Empire and Republic have not been wiped out and have a peace treaty and is doing story missions and at the same time, a level 55 player is doing story missions where the Empire and Republic are openly at war.

Honor your opponent, for without him you have no glory.

Comment

Working...
                              X