Knights of the Fallen Empire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mij View Post
    Well, as of right now a level 30 player exists in a universe where the Empire and Republic have not been wiped out and have a peace treaty and is doing story missions and at the same time, a level 55 player is doing story missions where the Empire and Republic are openly at war.
    Ah good point Mij.

Comment

So if my level 60 character touches a character in their 30's but in a different timeline, does it cause a paradox?

Multiple timelines in the same game in a MMO just doesn't make sense...

Comment

Originally posted by Duno'van View Post
        So if my level 60 character touches a character in their 30's but in a different timeline, does it cause a paradox?

You just....

Comment

the derailed fast as fuck... New record?

"We don't have a word for hero. Being prepared to die for your family and friends, or what you hold dear, is a basic requirement for a Mando, so it's not worth a separate word. It's only cowards we had to find a special name for." -Baltan Carid​

Comment

Originally posted by Duno'van View Post

Think of it as phasing... And linear. Most, if not all MMOs are linear. Start as a level 1 nOOb - fight lots of mobs - become level 60 nOOb. The content always goes from point 1 to b to c, and so on. With SWTOR, they had to use some mechanic to go from peace to war within the game as part of your "personal" story. The planets serve as that progression. WoW have done something similar to TFE with their recent expansion.

"This was an action of the utmost gallantry by a commanding officer whose dashing leadership and courage throughout the battle were an inspiration to all about him." - Victoria Cross Statement about Colonel H Jones.

Comment

I guess it's up to me then.

"Please show me on this doll where the bad trooper touched you"
              "Fear is the mind-killer."

Comment

http://dulfy.net/2015/08/05/swtor-ea...ream-coverage/

"This was an action of the utmost gallantry by a commanding officer whose dashing leadership and courage throughout the battle were an inspiration to all about him." - Victoria Cross Statement about Colonel H Jones.

Comment

Some new Info http://dulfy.net/2015/08/06/swtor-gamescom-cantina-tour-qa/

“Once more into the breach, dear friends, once more. Or close the wall with our dead. In peace there's nothing so becomes a man, as modest stillness and humility; But when the blast of war blows in our ears, then imitate the action of the tiger: Stiffen the sinews, summon up the blood. Summon up the blood. Disguise fair nature with rage and lend the eye a terrible aspect.” Shakespeare

Comment

Looks like I have my work cut out for me updating the CAT courses once the expansion comes out.

Comment

No more main stats. Goody-joy this game keeps not being SWTOR with every patch.

Hopefully we'll see a DX12/x64 thing happen. This game needs all the performance gains it can get (engine change, anyone?).
                      Last edited by Riike; 08-10-2015, 12:12 PM.

Comment

You may have overlooked the "new stats will take place to represent the main stats for every class, called "mastery"." part, since it states every class this looks more like Aim becoming Targeting or something like that, still specific to the class, though why still is a mystery.

Why do people keep throwing around the idea of changing the engine like it'll be a simple patch? Changing the engine will require an entire new game, we are not getting SWTOR 2 for another 5 years minimum, even then they may just go a different direction.

EDIT: "Working on a stuff that might make it easier for guilds to move (not losing ship, decos, etc)"
                        Last edited by Dany; 08-10-2015, 12:52 PM.

Honor your opponent, for without him you have no glory.

Comment

Mij is right - Updating the game engine would be a monumental undertaking - As in re-coding the game from scratch. If you are having issues with performance there are several things YOU can do to assist the game engine, and make the game run smoother, faster and at higher FPS:

SWTOR Unleashed (You will need higher than 12GB of RAM for this to work effectively)
                          Razer Cortex (Real world performance gains. Don't believe me? Ask Ricky or Malcon)
                          SSD - Quicker access to game files
                          Better Graphics Card - Want all the eye candy? Want to run at Ultra? This is your ticket.

Right now my system in running Crossfire X, RAID 0 SSD array, 32 GB of RAM along with SWTOR Unleashed and Razer Cortex. With graphics set to Ultra I get consistently get 55+ FPS. Now, full on Open World PvP would most likely require the graphics settings toned down to High or Medium if order to keep the FPS above 35 FPS.

My PC is an extreme version (I know Q's is even bigger, badder and faster), but it can be done. Shit, an SSD upgrade and Razer Cortex will likely net you a 5 - 10 FPS boost.

As for DX12... Meh. I've seen the renderings DX12 does with game games and right now, DX11 is still better (which is why DX12 was not in Win10 at launch). x64 support is pretty much like the graphics update - It would require re-coding. I am sure BW's focus is on stability with the *32WoW shell. Anything they can do with that, will help with glitches, crashes, etc.

The stat change thing as well as the proposed craft node changes are interesting. Mij, your comment about "Mastery' made me have an SWG, Pre-CU flashback.

Comment

It sounds like they are scrapping all the mainstats and just making one mastery stat instead. So any class can use any gear. Could be wildly off base though since I'm basing my assumption off of one single sentence from the QA.

Comment

Originally posted by Viozaer View Post
                              SWTOR Unleashed (You will need higher than 12GB of RAM for this to work effectively)
                              Razer Cortex (Real world performance gains. Don't believe me? Ask Ricky or Malcon)
                              SSD - Quicker access to game files
                              Better Graphics Card - Want all the eye candy? Want to run at Ultra? This is your ticket.

Right now my system in running Crossfire X, RAID 0 SSD array, 32 GB of RAM along with SWTOR Unleashed and Razer Cortex. With graphics set to Ultra I get consistently get 55+ FPS. Now, full on Open World PvP would most likely require the graphics settings toned down to High or Medium if order to keep the FPS above 35 FPS.

My PC is an extreme version (I know Q's is even bigger, badder and faster), but it can be done. Shit, an SSD upgrade and Razer Cortex will likely net you a 5 - 10 FPS boost.
                              My Samsung 830 SSD and GTX 680 keep the game around 10-20 fps in big WPvP on ultra settings. Not bad but it could be better. I'll look into the Cortex thing.

EDIT: I've also never overclocked my GPU. I might look into doing that.

Comment

Originally posted by Riike View Post
                                My Samsung 830 SSD and GTX 680 keep the game around 10-20 fps in big WPvP on ultra settings. Not bad but it could be better. I'll look into the Cortex thing.

EDIT: I've also never overclocked my GPU. I might look into doing that.
                                You'll need good cooling for it. If you want to go to the extreme, water cooling will give you greater scope,

10 - 20 FPS isn't bad at all.

Comment

Working...
                                X