• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Was Sgt. Fairbairn RP-KIA when he left?

Comment

No.

"Shit just got real. Alpha Company's here." - Kerrilar

Comment

When is the next edition coming out? I want to read more!

Comment

Right

Comment

Honestly idk man. I wrote this when I was bored at work. Now with a new job I don't have as much free time, maybe I'll add to it today... gotta remember where I was going with it.

Comment

If you wanted to get all the new faces in the story you could say that they were on leave and arrived on the Repulse shortly after the rest. Before the impending mission, promotions were given (such as Ranque and Neves) and troops rotated out (Sgt Fairbain and others) as others rotated in (Thesos, Curran, Haidar, myself, Kev, can't remember who else was in the company during this time in the story) as well as some newer recruits (Zidd, Breinan, Vejovis, Jukota, Orianna, Ownex, apologies for not remembering everyone).

Comment

Yeah I was planning on that, I got notes somewhere for a basic story arc and all. Just gotta find them.

Comment

I would like to add to the demand of a continuation with the story, and the new faces included!
                  "A man who conquers himself is greater than one who conquers a thousand men in battle" -Buddha

Comment

((Here we go. After much nagging and pleading from a good number of you I've deciding to sit down and put my creative writing cap back on. No set schedule for how often I'll be adding continuations, but here's something at least. Ch. 4!! Woo!!!))

Neves opens his eyes and stares out at a starry sky. A heavy snow falls and dances in the Alderaanian night. A snowflake falls and kisses his cheek, melting against his body heat. He raises his hand to wipe away the cool water. As he does so he realizes he is not himself, well at least not the Neves of today. His hands are smaller and less rough, his hair longer, his face showing signs of facial hair coming in. Gone is his Republic armor, replaced by civilian attire. He looks down from the mountain into a valley. He sees the outlines of the buildings and towers that make up House Organa, highlighted by the pale blue night lights of the alleys and courts. "How can this be?" He thought to himself. "This can't be... it's a dream, or some force trick." Neves assures himself. He walks to the edge of his childhood estate, propped in the mountains overlooking House Organa.

He sits on a stone bench, in a walled garden at the edge of the rocks. Suddenly. from behind him he hears the sharp whizz of a speeder bike powering up and zooming off. It's his father, Capt. Shayne Eanur. As Neves looks at his father his hears a large explosion erupt from the valley below. The violent explosion rips through the heart of the silence and fights off the pale darkness in an engulfing fireball. House Organa is under attack. As soon as he hears the explosion announce itself, he turns as he hears Shayne's speeder rev up and speed off down towards the fighting to his inevitable death. "Father no!! Don't go!" Neves protests with a squeaky young voice. But it was all in vain... he was nothing but a ghost in this relived dream of his, or was it a nightmare at this point? He bows his head in sadness and disappointment, "Don't leave us again..." He says to himself.

Just then the world around him falls apart and he falls down into the darkness. Shards of time fall with him and he catches glimpses of his past, present, and what could only be assumed to be his future. The flashes and sounds of blaster fire, explosions, vehicle engines, and the clashing of lightsabers ring through the darkness as he falls. The echoes of war swarm around him until he hits the ground with a hard thud. Neves rises and is standing in a room in a tall tower overlooking a large walled city that burned in the light of the dawn. He is once again in his present day body and in full armor, his rifle in hand and heated from hours of fighting. A large battle rages below him in the city, and a Republic gunship approaches the balcony he stands on. A rocket zooms out of nowhere and slams through the hull of the ship, sending flames and sparks down into the buildings below. The comms in Neves' helmet go wild!

"Falcon-3 is hit, Falcon-3 is going down!!" Comes a familiar voice.

"Does anybody have eyes on the crash site!?" Says another even more familiar voice... was that Fairbairn?

"I have eyes on the smoke Sgt. Just on the other side of those buildings. Team-2 is inbound to secure it." Says a trooper.

A couple of crisp coughs come over the comms... "This is Ghost-2. *cough* We made it intact mostly. *cough* We're pretty- *cough* pretty banged up though. And the Imperials are closing in on us." Blaster fire is heard in the background as the unidentified trooper continues. "We're running out of time! Chadeaux out." The comms settle and Neves turns away from the carnage and meets the gaze of a hooded figure, with two drawn red lightsabers resting at its side. It charges at Neves as he raises his rifle and begins firing. Before the bolts hit though, he hears the cry of a name. "Zeela... Zeela!!"

A crack of thunder rings through his ears accompanied by a flash of blinding white light. Neves jumps up and smashes his head against the low hanging bar of the bunk above him. "Damn..." He sighs to himself. "That was one crazy dream." He rubs his head slowly; he can feel a bump starting to form from his meeting with the bunk bed's bar.

"Hey Neves." Comes a half dazed and drowsy voice. "How about you quit playing with yourself and stop shaking my bunk buddy?" Neves stands up and peers over the edge of the bunk. Ranque of course... who else? Neves' holocomm blinks that all too familiar pale blue. He picks it up, and answers it. It was Capt. Viozaer.

"Sgt. Neves. Squad leaders' briefing in half an hour. Pass the word to the other Sergeants. Out."

The figure disappears. Neves sighs, and begins to put on something else other than PT gear. He rubbed his chin in thought, and felt the prickly hairs starting to come back in from his time without shaving in the field. "Eh probably a good idea to shave before meeting with the brass." He says to nobody in particular. He grabs his hygiene kit and makes for the sink. Carefully thinking on his vivid dream he just awoke from.

((End pt 1 of Ch 4. More to come tomorrow.))
                    Last edited by Neves Eanur; 09-10-2014, 08:28 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X