Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Update 2.0 on PTS

http://www.swtor.com/community/devtracker.php

Not even going to try to post all the patch notes, there's A LOT. Lots of changes are coming, we should probably have training on the PTS since they got Character Copies to work supposedly.

Honor your opponent, for without him you have no glory.

-PvP-based equipment at level 20 and 40 has been removed.

This needs to be investigated. We might have to look for a new uniform.

Comment

Patching now, I'm waiting to see. I'll have a full write up about how it affects us in an hour or 2.

Comment

well done, if bw takes our uniforms away.. I'll... I'll... I'll kick them square in the nuts!! >.<

"Shit just got real. Alpha Company's here." - Kerrilar

Comment

Ok, instant level 55 granted from a terminal near the mission Terminal in the PvE area of Fleet. Hold the Line is NICE.

Important note: As of right now on the PTS, our uniform is still available from the vendor. Will be keeping an eye on this.

EDIT: The write up will probably take me a lot longer, the amount of stuff thrown at us is staggering. New icons for abilities we've had already like XS Flyby for Smugglers and Diversion for Troopers.
          Last edited by Dany; 02-20-2013, 07:52 PM.

Comment

I read that there would possibly be a new better pvp set.. Anything on that?

"Shit just got real. Alpha Company's here." - Kerrilar

Comment

Fleet is too laggy right now. Going to try again in a few hours, consolidating info while I wait.

Comment

WOW, hold the line for COMMANDO'S!!!!!

Æris is having a shit in her bed dreaming about this right now.

Comment

Had to check it twice...we get a missile launcher now?? How badass is that? So damn much to look forward to but i will be pretty pissed if we lose our uniforms though. Love my patrol gear. Hold the line for all troopers is gonna be nice as hell too.
                  Last edited by ; 02-21-2013, 04:21 AM.

Comment

I really hope they don't drop the Patrol gear. Its a great looking set.

Hold The Line for Commandos though.... Hell yes!

Comment

Hum....I love the changes coming to Troopers...HOOAH! Also love that they are making Smoke Grenade pretty amazing.

This ability worried me though...it's going to be a PITA:
                      Shadow: A new ability, Phase Walk, has been added. Phase Walk allows the Shadow to place a mark that can be instantly returned to at a later time, after which Phase Walk goes on cooldown. This ability is usable in stealth mode and trainable at level 51.

It seems shadows/assassins and gunslingers/snipers are getting some pretty neat buffs as well. It will be interesting to see how it all plays out in pvp.
                      Last edited by ; 02-21-2013, 05:40 AM.

Comment

Yeah man. No kidding. Shadow step basically.

Which is going to be complete op....

They already have force run, pull, shield, immune, cloak, hum. It should be in a dp's tree. Not just a general ability.

Comment

For us. (Looked at Vanguard and Juggernaut/Guardian so far)
                          LVL40 PVP armour not pulled from vendor.
                          All Troopers get hold the line.
                          Missile launcher that heals you, loads slowly and then 1.5 min cooldown when all 4 missiles expended.
                          Doubletick pulse cannon procs on a 15% direct damage chance on Defensive tree - vanguard)
                          Movement and positioning are different now we must use pulse cannon much more to be effective.
                          Diversion (Threat reduction) (like the sniper ability).
                          Shield Generators now apply to Tech/Force damage not just basic weapon damage. Not Internal.
                          Energy blast consumes powerscreens (so not available all the time) - this isn't good but has some nice bonuses when you fire it.
                          Alacrity completely reworked, and affects GCD (this is big - and lots of experimentation required here)
                          Explosive surge is a SNARE! woot!
                          Smoke grenade - now riot gas - massively improved with movement reduc.

Summary = single tree builds far more coherent.
                          The 5 bonus skillpoints apply to any tree (not new trees) allowing you to go up another tree more than you did, however your main tree is now a lot more effective and more reasons to go heavy down one tree.
                          Pure defensives Vanguard and Jugg are going to be a lot better back with shield gen again, my advice if you don't have a shield for the next patch, and are a tank build buy one with commendations.

Other News:
                          Reflect/Redirect single target damage for Juggernauts/Guardians for duration, extended by immortal talent.
                          Unstoppable requires Shien form. (Hybrid becomes less useful)
                          Intercede / (Guardian jump to friendly target and heal with vindicator armour 2 piece = removed) (Vindicator has new abilities) ((Hybrid again less useful).
                          Last edited by Fairbairn; 02-21-2013, 06:20 AM.
                          "Fear is a lie, Passion a lie.."

Comment

Yes, they are fucking with my Guardians shit.... And buffing Vanguard tanks.... Rux might have to make an appearance >.<

Comment

Originally posted by Arkanjil View Post
                              Hum....I love the changes coming to Troopers...HOOAH! Also love that they are making Smoke Grenade pretty amazing.

This ability worried me though...it's going to be a PITA:
                              Shadow: A new ability, Phase Walk, has been added. Phase Walk allows the Shadow to place a mark that can be instantly returned to at a later time, after which Phase Walk goes on cooldown. This ability is usable in stealth mode and trainable at level 51.
                              im really hoping this has a max range. it will be op even with that but can you imagine guarding one node and being abe to do this to instantly jump to a node thats under attack? and thats just one of a million uses this would have to give a huge upper hand to shadows

Comment

Working...
                              X