No announcement yet.

Update 2.0 on PTS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When Augment Slots were the new thing on the PTS, those kits were selling for 1 million and up. I haven't looked at the GTN today.

Still very disappointed with what Commandos got out of this. I hope we can see the beacons of that Force Walk b.s. so we can at least be prepared for it. Warzones are going to reach a new level of frustrating with this patch...
    Last edited by Dany; 02-21-2013, 08:20 PM.

Honor your opponent, for without him you have no glory.

Comment

So I found out that our rocket launcher can be used while cc'd in a video I saw, unless its just a bug... Interesting

"Shit just got real. Alpha Company's here." - Kerrilar

Comment

Question on Level 20 and 40 PvP Gear | 02.21.2013, 11:44 PM
        We should be able to keep this gear available, if you guys want it. Obviously we already had thrown the note up without removing the gear, but I don't think the intention in removing the gear was anything other than just to try to clean up some of the extra vendors in the fleet. Since you can now trade in Warzone Commendations for the new Planetary Commendation and get leveling gear that way, we didn't feel like the 20/40 gear had a need.

I'll double check with the items guys to make sure there wasn't another reason we wanted to remove them.

Comment

very disappointing stuff for commandos which is probably the class that needed the most help

Comment

Overall, really looking forward to it. With shield working more or less as it should, mitigation of damage will be easier, as the vanguards aren't getting melted quite so easily, meaning that commandos can all be guarded by their vanguard brethren.

With lots of great new members and the re-vitalisation of all the classes, it will give us what I know we like best, the opportunity to come up with the counters and tactics to put down the sith like the dogs they are

A new patch means new players (and old ones coming back). Looking forward to all the outreach sessions, our "massed shoulder-missile barrages"
            Let's make some RP out of it too. How are our armstech and armourmech crafters fixed for "coming-up" with the designs - or our diplomats at "negotiating" a new weapon supply deal for our new munitions.

We can even set-up a miltech evaluation session near one of the training centres. (suggest the Coruscant one), after we have all copied our main character across for testing.

Lets do this!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XB0f6j5sRMs

Here's someone going through all trees for Ptech/Vanguard.
            Of interest to Shieldspec is the speed boost after "Storm" refreshing when attacked - potentially this is a permanent 30% speedup most of the time long after you have stormed, usually this is a talent that is missed out when picking abilities, remains to be tested to see how useful it is. Combined with a 70% snare from explosive surge it could be good.
            Last edited by Fairbairn; 02-24-2013, 10:59 AM.
            "Fear is a lie, Passion a lie.."

Comment

Originally posted by Kjvago View Post
              Question on Level 20 and 40 PvP Gear | 02.21.2013, 11:44 PM
              We should be able to keep this gear available, if you guys want it. Obviously we already had thrown the note up without removing the gear, but I don't think the intention in removing the gear was anything other than just to try to clean up some of the extra vendors in the fleet. Since you can now trade in Warzone Commendations for the new Planetary Commendation and get leveling gear that way, we didn't feel like the 20/40 gear had a need.

I'll double check with the items guys to make sure there wasn't another reason we wanted to remove them.
              Man I don't understand any of this at all? Is there some suggested reading that I need to take up? or a 2-3 year University Degree that could help me with all this?

Planetary Comms?

Leveling Gear?

My gd head hurts.

Cheers,

Comment

Originally posted by K'rell View Post
                Man I don't understand any of this at all? Is there some suggested reading that I need to take up? or a 2-3 year University Degree that could help me with all this?

Planetary Comms?

Leveling Gear?

My gd head hurts.

Cheers,
                From what i read, planetary comms will be a total of your commendations from the different planets. Think its something like your coruscant comms + taris comms, etc etc = planetary comms. Plus you can trade warzone comms for planetary comms. Think its a way for pvp'ers to gear up w/o having to do all the pve quests on each planet

Comment

Originally posted by Aerees View Post
                  From what i read, planetary comms will be a total of your commendations from the different planets. Think its something like your coruscant comms + taris comms, etc etc = planetary comms. Plus you can trade warzone comms for planetary comms. Think its a way for pvp'ers to gear up w/o having to do all the pve quests on each planet

If I'm understanding that right, it will be nice so that once one outgrows a planet they aren't stuck with comms that are useless to them. Plus it condenses all the different planet coms into one source. So theoretically if I earned say 20 planet comms on taris i could actually use them on a level appropriate planet.

Comment

On a small note, looks like EC will stay in the 50-54 range. Will be ALOT easier for those of us interested in getting the tank mount. I know im def gonna try for it even though besides the knock off adv its mainly for aesthetics

Comment

Originally posted by Kontraz View Post
                      they are changing expertise to a hard cap. Can someone on PTS play around and find out what expertise hits this hard cap? (60% damage, 35% heals, 37.5% damage redux)

If it's below 1200 (or close to it) I know a lot of people, myself included, will be very angry. A soft cap is okay, but a hard cap means that in order to be pvp viable you will HAVE to have high-end pve gear if the cap is too low.
                      2018 according to http://dulfy.net/2013/02/22/swtor-pv...hanges-in-2-0/

Comment

(Like all these from PTS Patch 2.0 - they are subject to change)

Legacy Achievement Summary: from Patch 2.0
                        http://www.darthhater.com/articles/f...y-achievements

Patch Notes:
                        http://www.darthhater.com/articles/f...-0-patch-notes

Comment

Originally posted by Aerees View Post
                          Heaven forbid they reciprocate by allowing to trade in planetary comms for warzone comms though. BW fail again.

Cheers,

Comment

I've just realised (watching Starwars ANA during downtime) which race pioneered the Commando/Mercenary "Electronet" - yes that right. The Jawa's when the captured R2-D2 used one.... Oooteenie! :P
                            Henceforth the use or becoming a victim to the electronet should be referred to as "Jawa" as in "Jawa him!" or "I've been Jawa-ed"

Comment

the conversions are pritty steep too 40 WZ comms to 1 planetary comm

Comment

Out with the new, in with the old.

The Planetary Comms things was in BETA. BW removed it the first time by claiming (rightly) that people were just saving them up to buy end game gear.

"This was an action of the utmost gallantry by a commanding officer whose dashing leadership and courage throughout the battle were an inspiration to all about him." - Victoria Cross Statement about Colonel H Jones.

Comment

Working...
                                X