Update 2.0 on PTS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Arkanjil View Post
    Hum....I love the changes coming to Troopers...HOOAH! Also love that they are making Smoke Grenade pretty amazing.

This ability worried me though...it's going to be a PITA:
    Shadow: A new ability, Phase Walk, has been added. Phase Walk allows the Shadow to place a mark that can be instantly returned to at a later time, after which Phase Walk goes on cooldown. This ability is usable in stealth mode and trainable at level 51.

It seems shadows/assassins and gunslingers/snipers are getting some pretty neat buffs as well. It will be interesting to see how it all plays out in pvp.
    Its like a combo between WoW's shadowstep for rogues and warlock's quick portals.

Talk about adding insult to injury when it comes to OP-ness.

I'm glad they didn't pull the LVL 40 PvP armour though. Also, hurrah for another snare.

Originally posted by Aerees View Post
    im really hoping this has a max range. it will be op even with that but can you imagine guarding one node and being abe to do this to instantly jump to a node thats under attack? and thats just one of a million uses this would have to give a huge upper hand to shadows
    Hopefully it will, if it doesn't it'll be ridiculous. I'm guessing 35-50m max hopefully.
    Last edited by ; 02-21-2013, 07:23 AM.

Comment

Reading thru the notes, I noticed they're removing alot of the incapacitated target attacks as well.

Comment

Why would I care about Hold the line? How is that going to help me then I have 3 enemy saber wielding monkies on me? 6 seconds of 30% boost isn't going to do crap when they give sents/maras a double saber toss that is 30 meters distance and doesn't stop them from leaping on me and pummling the piss out of me/interrupting me. They are giving it to all troopers/hunters as well- so that powertech/vang that is chasing me is now uneffected by my knockback and purges the snare from kolto/is immune to electro net. Great job bw. Commando's should have gotten the Phase walk thing as a teleport- not the shadows/assassins. Idiots.

•Kolto Bomb is now trainable at level 20 to all Commandos.

So, they are giving away healing tree abilities to all- dps or otherwise? At the same time giving sages a channeled 'I'm a god' ability? And increasing their healing tree? Fuck that. I'm glad I'm rolling up my sage honestly.

I'll have to see how the redesigned ammo goes but i'm honestly seeing dick all for a healing commando vs the uber buffs other ac's are getting.

Comment

Nevermind. She's not happy.... Not happy at all.

:P

I thought your new net can't be purged though?

Net then hold the line is at least some sort of escape mechanic you've been waiting for.

And as for all the people on you, you've made too many friends :P.

But as you can tell. Guardian tanks are becoming useless other than huttball.

Comment

Just when I start getting used to my jugs hybrid rotation I made this week lol.

A fucking rocket launcher?!

But for real, this is going to completely revamp combat for me, will take a little time get used to all of the changes.. More so having to do with fighting the other classes than playing my own.

"Shit just got real. Alpha Company's here." - Kerrilar

Comment

If Electro was an area effect ability- it might be useful. Single target is meh at best unless it also does significant damage if the target moves (and I mean significant as in 6k+ total)- Hold the Line grants immunity from movement impairing effects: Electro net is a movement impairing effect unless it blocks Hold The Line from purging it in which case a dps merc/mando is just going to net me on opening to block my HTL. If it does not block it then it is going to do dick against the PT/VG chasing me as he will pop his hold the line.. and his will last 10 seconds vs my 6. 4 more seconds of 30% boost to catch me where I can't snare/knock him back and he can hammer shot snare me! Yeah!

And then this for scoundrels, as if the class isn't already one of the easiest to get away from an attacker- •A new ability, Scamper, has been added. Scamper will roll the the player forward up to 12 meters. When slowed, players will only roll forward 6 meters. While rolling, defense is increased. Scamper does not break stealth, costs 25 Energy, has no cooldown, and is trainable at level 51.

And alterations/increases to their healing? Really?

Where is my multi-target trauma probe? Or an increase to hammer shots healing? Or any of my healing for that fact?

Comment

I think commando was always intended to be a sub par healer at best. If you look closely at this game, you'll realize every advance class has one specific easy mode.

Scounrel dps is not easy mode.

Scoundrel heals is.

Trooper tank/heals is not easy mode.

Trooper dps is.

Jug tank sucks.

Dps is easy mode.

Shadows are probably the most viable dps or tank. And only in PVP.

Then you have straight dps.

Sniper and maurader.

Which I think are very balanced. Both put up huge dmg and should be feared.

The sage dps and heals are probably the most over powered in a sense that both trees are very viable.

If everyone's ac was more like the sage. The game would be far more interesting.

But they aren't. They are focus heavy on specific roles.

And commando have the shit end of the stick. Especially heals.

Comment

Originally posted by Jer'mi View Post
                  I think commando was always intended to be a sub par healer at best. If you look closely at this game, you'll realize every advance class has one specific easy mode.

Scounrel dps is not easy mode.

Scoundrel heals is.

Trooper tank/heals is not easy mode.

Trooper dps is.

Jug tank sucks.

Dps is easy mode.

Shadows are probably the most viable dps or tank. And only in PVP.

Then you have straight dps.

Sniper and maurader.

Which I think are very balanced. Both put up huge dmg and should be feared.

The sage dps and heals are probably the most over powered in a sense that both trees are very viable.

If everyone's ac was more like the sage. The game would be far more interesting.

But they aren't. They are focus heavy on specific roles.

And commando have the shit end of the stick. Especially heals.
                  You making an intelligent post?!? What's going on here!

Comment

Originally posted by Arkanjil View Post
                    You making an intelligent post?!? What's going on here!
                    Troll much Ark? lol

Comment

So I've been following what some of the devs have been saying over the forums about the new pvp gear/expertise/pve gear in pvp and such.

It seems that expertise won't have any diminishing returns and encourages players to go after JUST pvp mods and shuch now instead of having the custom belt/bracers. "We've increased the effectiveness of Expertise over having no expertise at all, but if an attacker with full expertise is shooting at a defender will full expertise, their expertise effectively cancels each other out." - Rob Hinkle

Some other interesting quotes from him:

In reference to PvE vs PvP gear in pvp.
                      "I think when you are able to see all the items it will be more clear. Fundamentally, PvP gear will have lower stats then PvE gear (expertise excluded), including endurance. So high end PvE gear characters will have bigger health pools, but take more damage. The result of this interaction should get us to point of balance between the gear sets we are shooting for."

This is in reference to expertise caps.
                      "I don't know what the exact number is off the top of my head, but one of the aspects of the system is that newPvP gear, regardless of what "tier" it is, will hit cap expertise. That is, getting higher level PvP gear won't increase your expertise stat, just more of every other stat."

In refence to bolstering stats.
                      "Truth. Bolster on live right exists in level 50 Warzones, it just doesn't do anything (since everyone is at the level it tries to bolster too). With the switch to the rating system, the bolster effect will still exist in Warzones of all levels, and now will do something if the player's gear isn't up to the task."

This is my line of thinking, we should look at the exact numbers oh how much more damage expertise will grant in comparrison to the +15 endurance +12 power the other player with a pve mod may stacked against you. I believe that the expertise will grant a 30% damage increase agaisnt those without it. (correct me if I'm wrong) so effectively their small stat increase will be useless compared to your expertise advantage you have over them concerning the belt/bracer mods.

I'm curoius to see what the new pvp sets will bring to the table, and how to min/max this new set.

just when I started working on min/maxing ewh. /sigh lol
                      Last edited by Neves Eanur; 02-21-2013, 12:12 PM.

Comment

People got talent calcs up for the new 2.0 sets for us all to try out.

Check it out.

Guardians, Sents and Shadows all look like they can get nasty. God, which one am I gonna run with?
                        Last edited by ; 02-21-2013, 02:41 PM.

Comment

they are changing expertise to a hard cap. Can someone on PTS play around and find out what expertise hits this hard cap? (60% damage, 35% heals, 37.5% damage redux)

If it's below 1200 (or close to it) I know a lot of people, myself included, will be very angry. A soft cap is okay, but a hard cap means that in order to be pvp viable you will HAVE to have high-end pve gear if the cap is too low.

Comment

The "Failed to Copy" errors for the PTS copying have me unable to do it. None of my PvP characters have been able to be copied so I'd be starting from scratch. I'll keep trying to get Mij copied to find this out.

Side note: I think it's laughably pathetic that people are selling stuff on the GTN for stupid amounts of money.

Honor your opponent, for without him you have no glory.

Comment

Originally posted by Neves Eanur View Post
                              Troll much Ark? lol
                              I do it out of love for him

Comment

Originally posted by Mij View Post
                                The "Failed to Copy" errors for the PTS copying have me unable to do it. None of my PvP characters have been able to be copied so I'd be starting from scratch. I'll keep trying to get Mij copied to find this out.

Side note: I think it's laughably pathetic that people are selling stuff on the GTN for stupid amounts of money.
                                Examples?

Comment

Working...
                                X